Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Okay mommies what about you?

How do you indulge? What are you guilt free pleasures that make the chaos of being a parent go a little more smoothly.

I'll go, I get a blowout all the time, my eyebrows waxed and got my first full body massage. I am saving for a new pair of cute designer knee high boots.(Don't tell Dh) 

Re: Okay mommies what about you?

• wine

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Books. I read while DD nurses. It makes staying awake during nighttime feedings way easier. Plus its a nice 'escape' during the day. She eats, I relax. Win-win.
    "Two individual minds, but with one thought. Two hearts that beat as one."- Uncle Mycroft, "Thursday Next: First Among Sequels" by Jasper Fforde
  • Loading the player...
  • Reading and going to bed early.  I've always loved sleep and DH does the night time thing some nights so that I can just get a little extra sleep.

• Wine & a good book.  If I had the money, pedicures & a massage. 
    BabyModel$$ Pictures, Images and Photos Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • girls nights.  my DH loves me. :)

0Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageabartow:
    wine

Couldn't have said it better myself.

And...a good, long run along the beach (we live right by it) while my mom or DH watches DS.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with pp. Wine and a good book whenever DH takes over for me for a few hours. I haven't gotten one since LO has arrived but I love pedicures- it always relaxes me. My DH is a pretty good husband- he gives me back and foot massages all the time so I don't really have a desire to pay someone to give me one. Besides I'm not sure I would feel comfortable. :)
  • imageAmesbury:
    Books. I read while DD nurses. It makes staying awake during nighttime feedings way easier. Plus its a nice 'escape' during the day. She eats, I relax. Win-win.

Lol I do this too, except I get so into the book when LO goes to sleep I keep reading! Not the best way to get my zzz's lol

• french fries from any drive thru, an extra long shower, leg waxes (which may not sound like an indulgance, but I love that silky smooth feeling)
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • imagejim7496:
    Wine & a good book.  If I had the money, pedicures & a massage. 

Word for word this. Nothing better than wine and a good book. 

DD1 (b. 8/16/2010)
    DD2 (b. 9/04/2013)
    BFP 2/25/12, m/c @ 6w 3d || BFP 8/1/12, m.m/c @ 9w5d
  • A long, hot bath and a good book.  Getting pampered as well (mani, pedi) but I don't really have the extra cash for that at the moment :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • shopping! but we can't afford new brand name stuff. i shop at ross and playdohs closet alot. i feel great when i get great clothes at a great price!
  • Wine and a long hot shower. Shopping and lunch out with friends. Pretty much any time I can get away from DD is a nice breather. DH is out to sea and I have no family in the area, so I'm with her 24/7 without a break. I think within the next couple weeks I'm going to start getting a babysitter to stay with her a couple nights a week so I can finally make it out to the barn to ride my horse.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"