2nd Trimester

My first rude pregnancy comment

So I've been getting winded climbing the two flights at school to get to my office. I'm almost at the top of the 2nd flight, when the band teacher (young 20 something single girl) goes flying past. I joke around with her that lately the stairs are getting harder and harder. But it's okay because my heart is pumping 50% more. She adds "Oh my sister and I were walking in Alaska this summer when she was 5 and 1/2 months pregnant and carrying a 40 lb pack. She was fine."

Well gooooooooood for your sister. Now go away, I need to pant and catch my breath.

Our active toddler: Born March 14, 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Excited for version 2.0: BFP- 10/8/12 EDD: June 21, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: My first rude pregnancy comment

• Wow, that was nice of her! Tongue Tied
  • was that supposed to be encouragement?? I would have said "I hope you trip on the top step and fall all the way down." haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Sheesh what do you people expect? You aren't sick. You aren't an invalid. You are just pregnant. Its not an excuse to turn into a fat sloth. I don't think I'm going to like this website very much. It was recommended by a friend, but so far all I have seen are posts by a bunch of whiny babies.
  • imageaidiasullivan:
    Sheesh what do you people expect? You aren't sick. You aren't an invalid. You are just pregnant. Its not an excuse to turn into a fat sloth. I don't think I'm going to like this website very much. It was recommended by a friend, but so far all I have seen are posts by a bunch of whiny babies.

If you don't like the post, then don't visit the site.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageaidiasullivan:
    Sheesh what do you people expect? You aren't sick. You aren't an invalid. You are just pregnant. Its not an excuse to turn into a fat sloth. I don't think I'm going to like this website very much. It was recommended by a friend, but so far all I have seen are posts by a bunch of whiny babies.

Confused

Here we go again!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Leah - 6.28.09

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lorelei - 4.23.11

Books Read:
    2013 - 4
    2012 - 50 2011 - 47 2010 - 57
    2009 - 71 2008 - 108 2007 - 33
  • Agh, I hope she trips and falls on her face for insulting you like that.  Some people are just rude!!!!
  • imagerobs867:

imageaidiasullivan:

Robs you took the words right off my finger tips! lol.

• imagerobs867:

imageaidiasullivan:

I just don't understand. She cant walk up two flights of stairs? This is why you are supposed to go to the gym people!

• imageaidiasullivan:

Yep, because the fact that our utes and babies are pushing on the rest of our organs has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Confused

*Chomps down on a Reese Cup*

• imageFirefly205:
    was that supposed to be encouragement?? I would have said "I hope you trip on the top step and fall all the way down." haha

This really made me laugh out loud in my office!

• imageGrahamSchneider:

imageaidiasullivan:

Yep, because the fact that our utes and babies are pushing on the rest of our organs has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Confused

Um and my baby isnt pushing on my organs? That's why you are supposed to exercise. And not gain a lot of weight. Duh.

• imageaidiasullivan:

There is an X at the top of the window, please go ahead and click it.

Allison Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i prob wouldn't have said anything if i was her but she is very young. i don't work out much at all so i've BEEN winded just walking up one flight of stairs out of the subway station in the mornings (i think i'm a little better in the afternoons though).
  • imageaidiasullivan:

I just don't understand. She cant walk up two flights of stairs? This is why you are supposed to go to the gym people!

Whoa calm down.  Sorry not everyone goes to the gym.  Not everyone is in top physical shape, like you probably think you are.  However, we are not fat sloths.  Sorry if we all need a place to connect to other pregnant women who understand what we are going through. Please don't come back if you are going to continuously look down on others.  That is not what this board is for.

image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageGrahamSchneider:

imageaidiasullivan:

Confused

EXACTLY, GrahamSchneider!

Who says she's out of shape or a fat sloth AidaSullivan?? I work out every day, 1 1/2 and still get winded on the steps at work. I have this thing...called a baby pushing all my organs upward. If you're going to be mean...just don't post anything. Good grief.

• imageaidiasullivan:
    imageGrahamSchneider:

imageaidiasullivan:

Confused

Um and my baby isnt pushing on my organs? That's why you are supposed to exercise. And not gain a lot of weight. Duh.

You are supposed to exercise because the baby is pushing your organs? I'm sorry, I didn't realize exercising magically moves the baby into a position that it leaves the rest of your body in the same exact position as it was pre pg. My bad.

• People are so obnoxious. I have the same problem with the 2 flights of stairs at my work. Luckily the ladies in my department aren't a bunch of fitness crazed loonies.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBeetleLinz1125:
    imageaidiasullivan:

Whoa calm down.  Sorry not everyone goes to the gym.  Not everyone is in top physical shape, like you probably think you are.  However, we are not fat sloths.  Sorry if we all need a place to connect to other pregnant women who understand what we are going through. Please don't come back if you are going to continuously look down on others.  That is not what this board is for.

Well you are SUPPOSED  to go to the gym. So why would anyone have sympathy for someone who isn't doing what they are supposed to do????

• imageaidiasullivan:

WOW.  Are you getting enough oxygen up there on your pedestal? 

My husband doesn't let me workout.  He likes me big...

• imageGrahamSchneider:

Confused

• imageaidiasullivan:
    imageBeetleLinz1125:
    imageaidiasullivan:

Well you are SUPPOSED  to go to the gym. So why would anyone have sympathy for someone who isn't doing what they are supposed to do????

Who the fark decided that?? I actually can't work out because the baby is up so high that I cannot breath at all when I exercise.  My ob has suggested yoga but that is certainly not gonna help me get up the stairs any faster. There is definitely no pregnancy rule that says you are supposed to go to the gym.  Damn you for striking a nerve when I was having a good day.

• Shortness of breath is just something that happens in pregnancy, no matter how often you visit the gym...
  • Well...in fairness, you shouldn't be that winded from 2 flights of stairs. I was hiking and running until the day before I delivered last time.
  • imagebootsnbananas:
    imageaidiasullivan:
    imageBeetleLinz1125:
    imageaidiasullivan:

Who the fark decided that?? I actually can't work out because the baby is up so high that I cannot breath at all when I exercise.  My ob has suggested yoga but that is certainly not gonna help me get up the stairs any faster. There is definitely no pregnancy rule that says you are supposed to go to the gym.  Damn you for striking a nerve when I was having a good day.

Yes you are so! It is a recommendation for a healthy pregnancy to exercise.

• imageaidiasullivan:
    imageBeetleLinz1125:
    imageaidiasullivan:

speaking of rude pregnancy comments. wow. i just started using this site, thanks for the warm welcome.  I was overweight pp and havnt gained but about 2 lbs pregnant. I have read tons of stuff and it is very common to be winded regularly even if you are working out. youre sharing the oxygen you get with the baby who needs alot. 

aidiasullivan why dont you start your own post and bash on pregnant women for whatever reason you feel necessary and you can get together with other (if any) women that want to do the same. this post is not the place for you.

thanks

• imageaidiasullivan:
    imageBeetleLinz1125:
    imageaidiasullivan:

You sound very uneducated.  First of all everyone has things that they are suppose to do, but don't do it.  So you mean to tell me that you do EVERYTHING you are suppose to do??  BS!!  I workout 4 times per week and have for 7 yrs, even ran 4 half marathons, but that gives me NO right to put down ppl who don't work out! Do some research on the organs moving up the farther along in your pregnancy you are.  You must not be far along in your pregnancy or you would know that! I struggle with stairs as well and as I said before I DO workout 4 times per week, and not just walking either(more like aerobics, step-class, weights)

As someone else said please do yourself a favor and click the X at the top if all your going to bring is negativity!  Have a great pregnancy, you perfect lady!

Baby number 2 is on the way!! 1st - Kyla Faulk born 2/23/2011 My Wedding Bio BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageaidiasullivan:
    imageBeetleLinz1125:
    imageaidiasullivan:

You don't know her situation, don't judge her.  Maybe she was in top physical condition and went to the gym 6 days a week before she got pregnant.  You don't know that.  All she said is that she was having trouble getting up the stairs, which is not unreasonable when you're pregnant if you're in shape or not.  Pregnancy takes a toll on the body.  Everyone handles their pregnancy differently.  Some days are harder than others.  Maybe if you've been on this board for more than 2 days you'd realize that.

image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageaidiasullivan:
    imagebootsnbananas:
    imageaidiasullivan:
    imageBeetleLinz1125:
    imageaidiasullivan:

Yes you are so! It is a recommendation for a healthy pregnancy to exercise.

A recommendation and a rule are not the same thing! I certainly don't blame her for getting winded after 2 flights of stairs. I sympathize with OP because I am the same way, though I praise her for making it 2 flights before getting winded!!! I get winded after 1 depending on the size of the flight of stairs!!!!

• imageFirefly205:

imageaidiasullivan:

Hey, you are one beautiful mama!!

Oh and just FYI to Ms. "Everybody should go to the gym", I lost 50 lbs last year without stepping foot in a gym. A gym membership is not the end all be all of health.

• imageGrahamSchneider:
    imageFirefly205:

imageaidiasullivan:

Hey, you are one beautiful mama!!

Oh and just FYI to Ms. "Everybody should go to the gym", I lost 50 lbs last year without stepping foot in a gym. A gym membership is not the end all be all of health.

Its odesnt HAVE to be a gym. But it DOES have to be exercise.

• imageGrahamSchneider:
    imageaidiasullivan:
    imageGrahamSchneider:

imageaidiasullivan:

Confused

You are supposed to exercise because the baby is pushing your organs? I'm sorry, I didn't realize exercising magically moves the baby into a position that it leaves the rest of your body in the same exact position as it was pre pg. My bad.

I like you lots Graham, and not just because your daughter's middle name is AWESOME.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageyeah.:
    Well...in fairness, you shouldn't be that winded from 2 flights of stairs. I was hiking and running until the day before I delivered last time.

Well here's your gold medal.  Some women get to do this, some don't. I get winded getting ready for work. Bite me.

• imagejohannaknip:
    imageGrahamSchneider:
    imageaidiasullivan:
    imageGrahamSchneider:

imageaidiasullivan:

Confused

I like you lots Graham, and not just because your daughter's middle name is AWESOME.

Thanks Big Smile It is a great name!

• imageaidiasullivan:
    [

Hmm, might be because the pregnancy is exacerbating the ASTHMA that was there before she ever got pregnant in the first place! The gym will do nothing for lungs that don't function properly.  Go eat a cheeseburger BETCH!  Someone's cranky because her blood sugar is low this morning.

• Wow here you are posting on your first rude comment and you just received your 2nd! Grats!

Seriously I love how ppl just assume that her getting winded = her either not working out, or being unhealthy sheesh. It's hard to imagine that the bigger out bellies get the harder it is to do stuff, and you tend to get out of breath i mean come on!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    By lilenatalem at 2012-01-28 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageFirefly205:

imageaidiasullivan:

LOL! That pic is great!!!! And as for the out of shape and fat sloth comment...I have only gained 2 lbs and I still fit in my jeans(if low rise). I do work out and yes sometimes I do get winded just going up the stairs in my house. It has a lot to do with being pregnant!!! If you don't like it then see you later!

• imageFirefly205:

imageaidiasullivan:

LOL! That pic is great!!!! And as for the out of shape and fat sloth comment...I have only gained 2 lbs and I still fit in my jeans(if low rise). I do work out and yes sometimes I do get winded just going up the stairs in my house. It has a lot to do with being pregnant!!! If you don't like it then see you later!

• You should have asked the teacher to give you a piggy back, hahahahaha.  If she wants to brag about her hike in Alaska you should have told her to carry you up the darn stairs.
  • imageaidiasullivan:
    imageBeetleLinz1125:
    imageaidiasullivan:

Your not SUPPOSED to do anything besides carry a baby for 9 months you dumb ***
  • imagebootsnbananas:

imageyeah.:
    Well...in fairness, you shouldn't be that winded from 2 flights of stairs. I was hiking and running until the day before I delivered last time.

Well here's your gold medal.  Some women get to do this, some don't. I get winded getting ready for work. Bite me.

I get winded breathing lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"