Hawaii Babies

??? Weekly Check-in ???

I think I've included everyone who responded last week, except for stasianary - include your due date in your post if you'd like to be added!

HAWAII NESTIE/BUMPIE MAMAS
4forluck ? Elaine May ? 09.20.07

MauidAims ? Kai Adam ? 02.16.08
MrsNFB ? Sean Patrick ? 10.11.08

kauai_luv ? Waianuhea ? 04.04.09
kshiz ? Ella Juliet ? 04.04.09
VanceandLori ? Brooke Jillian ? 05.15.09
Mrs.HulaHunnie ? Jaylee Emiko ? 06.11.09
bigislandhi ? Zoi ? 06.29.09
Mrs.Ziz ? Bella Kailani ? 07.24.09
Hawaiian Honey ? Matthew Sebron (Matty) ? 08.07.09
MrsWinter ? Ashton Christopher ? 08.14.09
myday1708 ? Alexa Leilani ? 09.09.09
missaloha ? Ellery Lin Ka'imilani ? 09.13.09
MrsNJSwimmer ? William (Billy) ? 11.09.09
Trieulam - Kiptyn ? 11.12.09 & precious angel Kylie ? 11.12.09-1.28.10
MrsPresley ? Annalise Rebecca ? 11.12.09
HulaLove ? Elyse Ann (Elle) ? 12.14.09

Married2MrWright ? Elizabeth (Libby) Joan ? 01.25.10
Sanae78 ? Kaya Akemi ? 02.11.10
SirenSong ? Samara Jane Florence ? 02.16.10
Mauiwedding08 
? John (Jack) ? 02.19.10
Jaysgirljulie 
? Christopher Ryan ? 03.9.10
Lola808 ? Adrian Kapa'a ? 04.8.10
LisaKeiko ? John (Johnny) Samuel IV ? 04.19.10
redshoegirl ? William John & Dashiell Thomas ? 04.21.10
liubride510 ? Kailani Grace ? 05.08.10
inamra ? B ? 05.16.10
rwright5 ? Mason Lee ? 06.03.10
supercoolnat ? Zachary ? 06.07.10
parrotgirl ? Mason ? 06.15.10
expatjen ? Kannan Aukai ? 07.05.10
lelekay ? Henry Benjamin ? 07.22.10
MrsIH ? Jacob Kenji Makai ? 08.28.10 
Vanilla15 ? Adair Aolani ? 09.06.10  
ECUPirate04 ? Lauren Hope ? 09.29.10
MrsNicole&Brian808 ? Hank Mason ? 10.20.10 HAWAII NESTIE DUE DATES 
July 2010 
07.22.10 ? Boy ? RobynLee October 2010
10.08.10 ? Baby ? mrsnickandnora
10.24.10 ? Girl ? eacerna
November  2010
11.20.10 ? Boy ? SanHawaii08 December  2010
12.17.10 ? Girl ? annasan_k

January 2011
01.20.11 ? Girl ? Oceangirl22 March 2011
03.13.11 ? Baby ? kinibruin 
03.20.11 ? Baby ? MrsZiz
April 2011
04.04.11 ? Baby ? MauiBride2008
04.27.11 ? Baby ? HappyGoLuckyGal
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
Post updated due dates or gender reports here.
(1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? (2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? (3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up? (4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? (5)  How do you keep yourself positive, less stressed and motivated during your pregnancy? (6) What's the best advice you've been given? (7) How did you introduce/do you plan on introducing solids? (order of foods, frequency of feedings, what age did you start, etc.)  Will you/do you plan to be making your own baby food, buying it, or some combination of the two? (8) What questions would you like to see in upcoming check-ins? 
TTCers:  Which cycle are you on?  Where in the cycle are you?  What, if anything, are you doing/trying for TTC success?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ??? Weekly Check-in ???

• (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? 17w1d

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? Still feeling well and normal. Last week I had gass or something and my stomach hurt so bad, I felt like my stomach was going to pop if I stuck a pin in it. Get the weird twinges in my stomach, but it goes away pretty quickly. My nausea went away that I had last week, I'm thinking it was a little bug. All in all, I feel great. :)

(3) Next appointment date? Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up? We go in next Wednesday for the BIG ultrasound and I couldn't be more excited! Can't wait to find out if we are having a girl or a boy! :):)

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? Dealing with the gas...ugh!

(5) How do you keep yourself positive, less stressed and motivated during your pregnancy? This was one of my questions so I'm dying to know how everyone else responds! I'm just trying to focus on making it day by day and keep telling myself that I can do this. Lot's of women before me have done this and I can too! Although I'm still nervous though ;)

(6) What's the best advice you've been given? I haven't had any yet. Everything is people's two sense that I'm sick of hearing because they are telling me how I should feel, it's kind of annoying!

| Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
  • (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?

Nine months old as of yesterday!

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?

Libby now has four teeth!  Two on top and two on the bottom.  The second top one popped last week. Looks like the ones next to her top ones are on their way...

She's also standing now and can stand without holding onto anything for a few seconds...it won't be long before she's walking!

(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?

Libby's 9 month pedi appt. will be next week

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?

Traveling...we were in Seattle and living in a hotel room. Thanks to some nice ladies here, we had plenty of toys and gear to keep Libby occupied.  She did like all of the people watching...about a week into the trip we both developed runny noses that lasted about 48 hours but thankfully they cleared up just in time for our flights home.

(5)  How do you keep yourself positive, less stressed and motivated during your pregnancy?

I am not sure that I did...my third tri was pretty stressful due to finding out that I had GD.  In general, I tried to make sure I slept as much as I needed...even if that meant a nap after work!

(6) What's the best advice you've been given?

Trust your instincts.  They haven't failed me yet!

(7) How did you introduce/do you plan on introducing solids? (order of foods, frequency of feedings, what age did you start, etc.)  Will you/do you plan to be making your own baby food, buying it, or some combination of the two?

We are doing Baby Led Weaning and started at 6 months with veggies and fruit.  We don't have food allergies in our family so we haven't been too cautious with order of foods, etc.  She essentially eats what we eat (age appropriate items)...for example, today we had scrambled eggs and toast so she had scrambled egg yolks and toast.  She LOVES veggies, especially broccoli and sweet potato.  She recently tried prunes, which she also liked.  The only store bought food we've given her is Happy Baby O's, Mum Mums and Earth's Best Teething Biscuits...the rest we just cook at home and give her.

(8) What questions would you like to see in upcoming check-ins? 

TTCers:  Which cycle are you on?  Where in the cycle are you?  What, if anything, are you doing/trying for TTC success?

• Loading the player...

Three months last Friday!

I'm feeling awfully crappy, to be honest.  At the end of my first week back at work the little buggers I teach got me sick!  :(  I had to go home from work with a fever on Friday, and stayed in bed all weekend.  I'm back at work this week, but with a nasty cough.  The only good thing is (knock on wood!)  that Henry hasn't gotten sick yet.

In 4 weeks

Being sick and all I wanted to do is snuggle with the little guy to make myself feel better, but I really, really didn't want to make him sick...it was a struggle to balance the two urges.  Ultimately, I did wear a paper surgical mask for Friday night and part of Saturday.

(5)  How do you keep yourself positive, less stressed and motivated during your pregnancy?

Did I??  :P  I'd have to say daily evening walks with MH and maybe ice cream!  Warm baths and not listening to bad advice, too.

"You're his mother....you know best."

(7) How did you introduce/do you plan on introducing solids? (order of foods, frequency of feedings, what age did you start, etc.)  Will you/do you plan to be making your own baby food, buying it, or some combination of the two?

I don't have a clue!  I'm interested in seeing what others say about this.  I do plan on making most of our own food, though daycare does provide purees when he reaches that stage, so I'll probably let them!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? Week 15 and 4 days, due April 15!

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? Feeling pretty crappy! Haha! M/s getting worse, headaches, gas, heartburn, swelling. I am excited about my growing bump! I'm starting to look more pregnant and not just fat!

(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up? Next Appt November 1, gender u/s on Nov 30th!

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? Nausea

(5)  How do you keep yourself positive, less stressed and motivated during your pregnancy? I just keep thinking about when the baby gets here, and the first time I hold him/her! My hubby rubbing my feet is great too! ;)

(6) What's the best advice you've been given? Dont let others make you feel guilty about how you handle the pregnancy! They are not an OB, they do not know whats best for YOU!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? He is 8 weeks and 2 days old(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? Feeling good now that he is sleeping longer stretches at night!  There are times he still sleeps for one hour at a time but it's getting better each day it seems.  Other that that he's wonderful and changes every day, I don't want him to grow up too fast :)(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up? On Monday for his 2 month shots.(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? Nothing that comes to mind right now.(5)  How do you keep yourself positive, less stressed and motivated during your pregnancy? I loved being pregnant and knew it would be over so fast that I wanted to enjoy every second of it.  To be fair I had a very easy pregnancy but I actually miss it sometimes. (6) What's the best advice you've been given? I will echo exactly what Leah said, I was told; You are his Mom, you know what is best for him.(7) How did you introduce/do you plan on introducing solids? (order of foods, frequency of feedings, what age did you start, etc.)  Will you/do you plan to be making your own baby food, buying it, or some combination of the two? Good question, I look forward to others responses and yes I'd love to make our own baby food :)
    I love Hawaii!

Tara & Ian . 4/24/2008 . The Kahala Planning . Married

• (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?8.5 months
    (2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?She's started shaking her head "no".  I'm not sure she really means "no" and sometimes she just kinda looks like she's channeling Stevie Wonder, but it's cute anyways!  And when I do it to her and say "no, no, no, no, no" she laughs.  She also laughs when I nod and say "yes, yes, yes, yes, yes"
    (3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?9 month well check in a couple weeks.
    (4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?Naps.  She still hates naps.  Today she only took a 30 min nap and a 5 min nap!  Needless to say she was very whiny all evening.  
    (5)  How do you keep yourself positive, less stressed and motivated during your pregnancy?I wasn't very stressed during pregnancy since I had a very uneventful, easy pregnancy.  
    (6) What's the best advice you've been given?Honestly, I don't remember.  I think I was pretty lucky in that no one really doled out unsolicited advice.
    (7) How did you introduce/do you plan on introducing solids? (order of foods, frequency of feedings, what age did you start, etc.)  Will you/do you plan to be making your own baby food, buying it, or some combination of the two?We didn't really have a plan with solids.  We've kinda just done whatever...gone with the flow.  At first we waited a few days before introducing new stuff but we don't really anymore.  She hasn't had any reactions and we don't have food allergies in our families so we aren't too worried about it.  We do stay away from the stuff that they say not to give them, of course, like egg whites, strawberries, nuts, etc.The first thing we gave her was avocado about a week before her 6 months birthday and that's because they were on sale and I read they're a good first baby food.  She wasn't too fond of it but I think she just wasn't happy with the texture at the time.  Then we started rice cereal and purees.  I planned to make homemade purees but I only managed to make one batch of sweet potatoes and then we bought mostly Earth's Best organic baby food.  I think I'm gonna start getting away from purees already, though, so I'm not sure I'll make anymore.  I'll probably just start cooking stuff for us and making it soft enough for her to eat.   
    Now we typically give her oatmeal cereal and fruit (fresh or pureed) for breakfast, a veggie for lunch, and jarred Earth's Best baby food for dinner (I bought a case of country dinners from BRU).  She pretty much loves everything we give her.  As for fresh stuff, like fruit, I gave her pureed bananas once and now I just use a spoon and scoop bits for her.  I kinda do the same with purple yams (Okinawan sweet potato)...I bake it and it's so soft that I can just scoop it with my finger and put it in her mouth.  She really loves that!  

6.5 months

A's all of a sudden extremely social. He's always been a happy and interactive guy, but now he's constantly smiling, laughing and chatting. He's also entertaining himself by crawling around and exploring the room and going after stuff he wants. It's just amazing how quickly some of these changes have happened!

8 months

Still working on the nighttime sleeps -- I usually wake once to feed him during his 12 hour snoozes, but the timing of that is all over the place.

I took off work 1 month before he was born and spent a lot of time relaxing, exercising and socializing. So glad I did that, since I get so little time off now.

"Healthy moms have healthy babies" -- I try to remind myself of it when I get consumed by worry over his health or development

We started at 6 months with oatmeal cereal, then did peas, poi and sweet potato. What's next depends of availability, I guess. We feed him solids twice a day and are waiting 4-7 days between foods, since A has a suspected milk protein intolerance.

I am trying to stick with organic food, and I'll either make it or buy it jarred, depending on what's cheapest. I pureed the peas, but recently bought a bunch of Earth's Best jarred fruit and veggies b/c they were on super sale and much less than if I made them myself.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? 6 months and 1 week (well...6 days)
    (2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? Tired (see question 4 lol!). News...I started back at work last week, and honestly it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
    (3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up? For the first time since they're born - nothing! Their 6 month checkup and vaccinations were yesterday and that's it until they're 12 months old! That said, we're probably going to take them to the tongue tie clinic at a hospital in Sydney - they both have them, but Will especially has a pretty distinct "heart" shape to his tongue and I'm worried it's going to cause problems when we move to solids that aren't smooth purees.
    (4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? Night waking. It's suddenly gotten a lot worse again. I think it's partly growing (their weight was still around 55th percentile, but their height suddenly shot up from the 50-60 mark to over 75th), and now they're back to waking up at some point between 2-4am wanting a bottle, and possibly an increase in teething (since they suddenly WILL NOT sleep without their paci in their mouth - I suspect they're using it as pain relief to put pressure on their gums). Regardless, it's killing me...
    (5)  How do you keep yourself positive, less stressed and motivated during your pregnancy? You know, I was surprisingly unstressed while pregnant. Uncomfortable as hell, yes, but not really stressed. I don't know what to attribute it to. Being so big made me incredibly slow moving, and that made me remarkably patient (my mantra was, "It's OK, I'll get there eventually. No stress, no rush."), which I think maybe just rubbed off on all the other aspects of pregnancy?
    (6) What's the best advice you've been given? Do what works for you. There are so many instruction lists you get when you're pregnant and have a newborn, but ultimately your baby is an individual - so treat them like one and do what you need to do for YOUR family.
    (7) How did you introduce/do you plan on introducing solids? (order of foods, frequency of feedings, what age did you start, etc.)  Will you/do you plan to be making your own baby food, buying it, or some combination of the two? We ended up introducing at 5 months (well, one day before they turned 5 months, I think). The goal was 6 months but they had other plans. After ruling out rice cereal due to constipation issues, we started with one small serve of veggies per day and are now up to one serve of veggies and one of fruit. I followed this guide for what was appropriate to introduce. I make most of our baby food - it's a lot cheaper and SO easy (it only takes about 1.5 hours once per every week or two to cook, puree and freeze food). That said, I do buy their pears in jars because pears aren't in season here.
  • (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? 8mo+
    (2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? I (we) survived my first business trip away.  It wasn't too bad - I missed him of course but the actually logistics of pumping and carting milk through security was no big deal.  I stayed at the same hotel that hosted the conference and welcomed the pumping breaks in my room.
    (3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up? nope.  Thinking of transiting Jack's primary care to the naturopathic practice because they just got a new doctor that specializes in pediatric care.
    (4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? finishing up the minimal baby proofing we are doing (stair baby gate and outlet covers).
    (5)  How do you keep yourself positive, less stressed and motivated during your pregnancy? I'm a very laid back person - so just went with the flow, my care providers were really hands off and that worked well for my personality.
    (6) What's the best advice you've been given? hmmm - just to trust our insticts?
    (7) How did you introduce/do you plan on introducing solids? (order of foods, frequency of feedings, what age did you start, etc.)  Will you/do you plan to be making your own baby food, buying it, or some combination of the two? no plan - did baby led solids once Jack could sit unassisted and started reaching for food on his own.  Sweet potato sticks and watermelon were he first 2 foods.  These days he eats anything.  He has not shown any adverse reactions.  His favorite things seem to be pasta (whole wheat) and red sauce, toast with pear sauce (from TJ's - it's like apple sauce), and fish is his favorite meat although he does like to suck on steak or chicken.he eats puffs, shredded cheese, pasta, and bananas at school - at first they were really hesitant so he did eat a few homemade purees.He is a lot like me, he HATES things on his hands so if his hands get gross mid-meal he starts clenching and unclenching and grunting until I wipe them off.  I think that isn't as hands off as some BLW say you should do it but it works for us.  Plus I feel for him - I wash my hands about 10 time while cooking an average dinner :)
  • (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?  LB is 11 months, 2.5 weeks.  We're in bday party planning mode.

(2) Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?  Let's see, he cut another tooth the other week, I think he's working on one on top and a molar or 2.  He's up to taking about 4 steps on his own and then plopping down.  He had mandarin oranges last night, and that seemed to go well.  He also had a mini marshmallow last weekend, lol.  He is over his aversion to sweets, I think.   Oh, and he's started taking his nighttime "bottle" in a sippy cup.  YAY!

(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?  12 month well visit - I can't wait to start feeding him all the stuff he hasn't been able to have until 12 months - strawberries, citrus fruits, eggs, chocolate, honey, etc.  I think the only no-nos after this are peanut butter and shellfish at 18 months.

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?  His separation anxiety rears it head at random times.  It's so weird.  He's also refused to go to bed until midnight the last 2 nights!

(5)  How do you keep yourself positive, less stressed and motivated during your pregnancy?  It was hard not to stress, but I think hearing the hb at every appt was a relief.  I tried to do some yoga.  Motivation was hard, but one he started kicking, it was really cool that I had him to myself - plus I always had a one-up on MH - what did you do today? oh really? I was making a baby...... great trump card! :)

(6) What's the best advice you've been given?  Do what works and what's best for your family.  Sometimes you are going to want someone to just TELL YOU what exactly to do, but it's better in the long run to just do what you feel is right.  And trial and error is just a part of it.

(7) How did you introduce/do you plan on introducing solids? (order of foods, frequency of feedings, what age did you start, etc.)  Will you/do you plan to be making your own baby food, buying it, or some combination of the two?  I planned on making my own baby food, at least some of it, but then I felt like maybe I would do something wrong, and so I ended up buying a lot of it.  We started solids - rice cereal at 4-5 months - and then added stuff gradually.  I went by the monthly charts on wholesomebabyfood.com as to what to give him when.  He wanted to be able to pick some of it up early, so I started giving him the Baby Mum-Mums and that went pretty well.   

36w4d - full term on Saturday - yay!

Feeling good Smile did our mat photos on Saturday, and got the link to the online gallery last night!  i'll post some in the PIP thread.  also, we took the car seat to a car seat check last weekend, and learned how to install it properly, how to put the baby in properly - all very useful!

Next wednesday

Not specific to this past week, but I've been having a mild yeast infection that comes and goes for oh, months now Stick out tongue  After confirming again with the midwife yesterday that it is indeed yeast, I *finally* started treating it last night, and omg, why did I not do this sooner?! Stick out tongue  So much better already.

For the most part, I've been pretty laid back and just really trying to enjoy each day.  When I was feeling really stressed and negative, this thread really helped me re-center.  I've also been lucky that this pg has been very uneventful, and overall, I've been feeling really good - so I'm very thankful for that.  Every day, I consciously love and feel gratitude for our little family - MH, this baby, and how these changes have brought MH and me even closer.  I'm just really looking forward to this next stage in our lives!

Hrm, don't know that I have a single best, but I like the trust your instincts/do what's right for you and your family ones.

I do plan to make the majority of the food baby will eat, and I want to try BLW.

14 wk 1 day 

I'm feeling okay. M/s actually picked up these last two weeks but is manageable. We had our NT scan and everything looked good. Such a relief.

We find out if it's a boy or girl on December 3rd.

More nausea.

I try to take it a day at a time. At our last appointment, a different OB gave me a new laundry list of things that could go wrong--none of which I had heard yet. I'm just celebrating each week and not dwelling on the negative possibilities.

We started growing some of our own food this year, and I'd love to be able to grow and make our own baby food.

• (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?

28 weeks! Finally in the 3rd trimester.  

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?

Feeling pretty well. Definitely getting harder to move around, I think I've had alot of belly growth and bending over is starting to be a challenge. Yeah, I know...I have 12 more weeks of this! haha 

Also, found out this week that my sister is pregnant! I was so excited to hear this and can't wait to share this experience with her. Our kids will be about 4 months apart! 

(3) Next appointment date? Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?

2 weeks for my 30 week appt. Standard stuff I think. Also, we are doing an elective 3D ultrasound on Saturday! I am so excited...I think it will help this whole process feel more real. I still can't believe there is an actual baby in my belly! :) 

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?

Nothing this week.  

(5) How do you keep yourself positive, less stressed and motivated during your pregnancy?

I'm pretty positive already. I tend not to think too far ahead about things, and I think that helps keep me less stressed. I'm just an easy-going person by nature.  

Not sure yet...have to wait until baby comes to see if any of the advice I have been getting is good!

(7) How did you introduce/do you plan on introducing solids? (order of foods, frequency of feedings, what age did you start, etc.) Will you/do you plan to be making your own baby food, buying it, or some combination of the two?

N/A as of yet, but I would like to make my own babyfood in the beginning. A friend of mine did it, and it seems pretty easy and alot of cost effective.  

(8) What questions would you like to see in upcoming check-ins? TTCers: Which cycle are you on? Where in the cycle are you? What, if anything, are you doing/trying for TTC success?

• (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? 8 weeks on Monday

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?  pretty good...a little sleep deprived
    (3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?  nov 11 for her 2month checkup & shots
    (4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? just getting a little overwhelmed sometimes.  DD can be pretty fussy so when it is just me all day I get worn out, but nothing more than what most new moms go through
    (5)  How do you keep yourself positive, less stressed and motivated during your pregnancy?  i was lucky to have a pretty easy pg & I am not a worrier by nature so I didn't stress much.  but i also kept busy which helped too
    (6) What's the best advice you've been given?  i don't think I was given too much.  I guess just a lot of "you will know what to do"
    (7) How did you introduce/do you plan on introducing solids? (order of foods, frequency of feedings, what age did you start, etc.)  Will you/do you plan to be making your own baby food, buying it, or some combination of the two?  I haven't started thinking of this yet, but definitely interesting to hear your responses

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? 20w4d

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? good! finally! mh & i had a belated anniversary/babymoon weekend local getaway and it was fab. there was food all the time and i ate so well!

(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up? next monday is my anatomy scan and we will find out of LC is a boy or girl!

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? being hormonal and getting so pissed off at mh for the sightest thing. also, mh will be needing surgery for a stupid thing he did, and now we gotta figure out how everything is gonna work out for the next 4-6 weeks... =(

i love talking to my friends. and sleeping. although im not sure how that helps with motivation. hahah

? i think it's the reassurance that i don't necessarily have to LOVE being pregnant.

most likely buying.

D started out as a LUCKY CHARM but ended up being our LOVEBUG image
    hawaii 10.2008 plan ;P married bio ???
  • sorry so late to post...not sure if anyone will even see this?

(1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?

she is 11.5 months old! can't believe she's almost 1!

she is totally walking around everywhere now, getting into lots of trouble LOL in the last week she figured out how to open drawers and loves to open/shut them.  DH refuses to babyproof b/c he says she should always be under constant supervision so there is no need. we are putting a baby gate at the top of the stairs and have plugged things into the various outlets she is around the most but that is about it.

in the last few weeks she has switched completely to a regular big girl cup. we skipped the sippy cup and started her on the straw cup from tommee tippee a few weeks ago and then all of a sudden she refused to drink from it so we started using a regular small cup w/her.  she took to it really well b/c when she was younger we had already done the cup w/her some (when she refused the bottle)

about 2 wks for her 1 yr check up/shots!

i think she hasn't been feeling well, both DH and MIL were sick last wk so we aren't sure if she got sick too. they mostly had a sore throat and felt like crap so it's hard to know if she has it too. but she's been sleeping A LOT during the day (2 hrs in the AM and 3 hrs in the PM) and has trouble going to bed at nightcould just be that sure is starting a new schedule but i don't know - time will tell! the later bedtime will help next weekend with the time change though

i didn't have a very difficult PG so it wasn't hard for me to stay positive. when i started to get really uncomfortable towards the end, i just tried to stay focused on the light at the end of the tunnel :)

sleep when baby sleeps....haha, i know everyone says it and it's so annoying at the beginning b/c it is so hard to do, but the times i was able to actually go to bed and sleep while she did, i woke up feeling so much better.

what pp all said about trusting your own gut instincts is very good/true too

we started w/rice cereal @ 6 months to get her used to a new texture, then i did homemade purees for about 2 months. we always wait 3-4 days between new foods b/c i have food allergies and so does my brother and MIL.

from 8 months on i just started feeding her soft whole foods (baked sweet potato, cut up bananas/avocado, beans, pasta, soft cheese, etc). oh and she LOVES yogurt! we introduced that at 9 months.  i started her on meat (cut up chicken cubes and ground beef) at 10 months.

we started out with just a few baby spoonfuls at the beginning and slowly worked our way up to larger portions. she still only has solids at lunch and dinner, but i will probably start offering her breakfast as well.

i bought a few jars of baby food (like 5 maybe?) that were for convenience in the beginning when i did not have time to make food but really it is so easy and quick, esp if you have a food processor or immersion blender.  they eat such small portions that even if you cook something small there are plenty of leftovers for the following days + some for the freezer.  my rice cooker comes w/a steamer attachment so that made things even easier. now that she is eating non purees it's even easier b/c i always have something either in the freezer or pantry (pasta, canned beans, etc) that i can pull out if i haven't had time to cook for her.  i usually just try to give her something of what we are eating and that makes it easier so i don't have to cook separately for her!

• Post updated due dates or gender reports here.
    (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?Well, I'm currently 13w6dOur DD is almost 10 months old...oh my, what am I getting myself into!
    (2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?Our DD is slowly taking 2-3 steps at a time! Yay!I'm feeling tired and bloated. 
    (3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?Next appt. is 01DEC10. Gender determination ultrasound (love TomorrowToday!) on 13NOV10...
    (4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?Separation anxiety with our DD. She hates when she can't see me! 
    (5)  How do you keep yourself positive, less stressed and motivated during your pregnancy?It's a struggle. Big time. I love my DD dearly and worry about how another baby will affect her. And me. I was not and am not ready for another baby yet!
    (6) What's the best advice you've been given?I don't know. I get a lot of advice, both good and bad...
    (7) How did you introduce/do you plan on introducing solids? (order of foods, frequency of feedings, what age did you start, etc.)  Will you/do you plan to be making your own baby food, buying it, or some combination of the two?Started with rice cereal and added bananas...DD loves bananas! She's on the level 2 foods at 10 months and does not like the level 3 stuff yet...she won't eat it...then again, maybe she just doesn't like meat?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"