3rd Trimester

Sorry if I offend those of you who LIKE being pregnant...

But I HATE it! I am completely over it, and still have 59 days to go. Nobody told me that: You grow hair everywhere, you will have insomnia, acid reflux/heartburn will make you want to kill yourself, you'd be sleepy and achy 24/7, you will have gas that can clear a room, there's a possibility your breasts will leak BEFORE you have the baby, and no one even bothered to tell me about lightning crotch! Sorry to vent, but ever since the week before my BFP, my body has been so foreign to me! I know that the end result is WAY worth the 9 month sacrifice, but it's REALLY hard when DH is gone 4 days a week! My mom had a hard 1st pregnancy, and claims that's why I am too (like it's genetic or something). The only good thing, is that I don't have stretchmarks...YET! Anyone else going through the same thing, or am I just crazy?  What are some things you had to learn on your own?
~ Mrs. G

Re: Sorry if I offend those of you who LIKE being pregnant...

• I've gone through almost all of the above, but I don't hate being pregnant.

BTW, I didn't get any stretch marks this entire pregnancy until a few days ago. And boy do they itch!!! They are on the lower part of my belly and getting darker every day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hemmorhoids can pop up once the baby is born even if you didn't have them the entire pregnancy. No one warned me that it hurts like a b!tch when your uterus contracts post-partum. Oh and for many people, stretch marks aren't visible until after you give birth. There's more fun to look forward to. Sorry.

• Loading the player...
  • imagekatieloretta:

I've gone through almost all of the above, but I don't hate being pregnant.

BTW, I didn't get any stretch marks this entire pregnancy until a few days ago. And boy do they itch!!! They are on the lower part of my belly and getting darker every day.

I'm glad I'm not alone with the frustrations! I KNOW that I'll be getting stretchmarks on my belly, and that it's just a matter of time. For some reason, I'm totally okay with that. I think it may be because I've had them everywhere else since I was 10 and hit puberty! Stick out tongue

~ Mrs. G
  • I enjoyed my first pregnancy but I'm in constant pain this time around and I can't wait for these last 56 days to be over. I just want it to go very quickly; I definitely don't want a preemie.

I'm also never ever doing this again. It is definitely worth the sacrifice but I'm done with this one. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I hate being pregnant, and I hate it from day one!  But, I love being a Mom, so...  gotta do whatch gotta do. 
  • I am a horrible pregnant person!  I love the outcome, but hate the process. We are two and through and counting our blessings.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
  • Yeah, stretch marks...  I couldn't see mine until after I had the baby.  Sigh.

Being pregnant is not easy.  And I know this may sound cliche, and you can't see it right now, but you will forget about it (or it will seem like a very distant past) once you see your LO's smiles and hear him/her giggle and laugh.  My pregnancy right now is really hard, as my pelvic pain is agonizing...  But every day with DD is so worth it and more!  (Just see my siggy - she just turned one and she's absolutely adorable.)

Hang in there!

• imageChristyPooP:

I feel the same way you do. I have been miserable the whole time and few people I know understand why... even the ones who have gone through all that I have, still say I'm being foolish. I admit, I enjoyed feeling my daughter move around at first. I thought it was amazing... but after a month, it's been nothing but painful or irritating.

Many people laugh at me and say "I guess you won't be having the 5 or 6 kids you wanted, huh?" and I just shake my head... I'm not naive enough to think that ALL pregnancies are this bad. I also know that children come at a cost. I may be miserable and I may not care for being pregnant, but I have no intention of saying "Screw having a big family!"

I feel your pain though. I agree, pregnancy blows! Outside of feeling her grow and knowing that in 2 months I'll have a beautiful daughter to share my love with, I hate being pregnant. Just remember, the pregnancy will end eventually and you'll have something beautiful to show for it all!

I hope you feel better.

THANK YOU!!! I feel a little bratty for saying I hate it, but even the movements now are starting to hurt! I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling this way! I do want more kids, so I guess I'll hope the next pregnancy is better! I hope you feel better too!

~ Mrs. G
  • imagemoonfaerie:

Hemmorhoids can pop up once the baby is born even if you didn't have them the entire pregnancy. No one warned me that it hurts like a b!tch when your uterus contracts post-partum. Oh and for many people, stretch marks aren't visible until after you give birth. There's more fun to look forward to. Sorry.

Good to know...Thanks! I've had hemmorhoids before, and they're no fun at all!

~ Mrs. G
  • Go get a prescription for Pepcid. I mentioned at my last OB appt that I had such bad acid reflux that I was throwing up a little in my mouth every night and was no longer sleeping because of it. My doctor said she would be more than happy to write me a prescription. Let me tell you. It. has. been. life. changing. I heart Pepcid!!
  • imagePrincesseliss528:
    But I HATE it! I am completely over it, and still have 59 days to go. Nobody told me that: You grow hair everywhere, you will have insomnia, acid reflux/heartburn will make you want to kill yourself, you'd be sleepy and achy 24/7, you will have gas that can clear a room, there's a possibility your breasts will leak BEFORE you have the baby, and no one even bothered to tell me about lightning crotch! Sorry to vent, but ever since the week before my BFP, my body has been so foreign to me! I know that the end result is WAY worth the 9 month sacrifice, but it's REALLY hard when DH is gone 4 days a week! My mom had a hard 1st pregnancy, and claims that's why I am too (like it's genetic or something). The only good thing, is that I don't have stretchmarks...YET! Anyone else going through the same thing, or am I just crazy?  What are some things you had to learn on your own?

HALLELUJAH!!! I thought I was alone feeling this way!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For me it depends what day you ask me on!  Some days I don't mind at all, the past week and a bit I have had started swelling, and this has to be the worst part of my pregnancy so far, I wake up at 4 am EVERY night with aching feet and joints, and restless legs, and lay awake like that for hours!  Some nights I feel like I might go insane!  Thank goodness this is my last week of work I am just going to start getting up and distracting myself with TV or something.

I don't think it is bad that you aren't enjoying this totally crazy process where our bodies are so unpredictable and not always nice. But hopefully it gets better for you soon!

• imagekatieloretta:

I've gone through almost all of the above, but I don't hate being pregnant.

THIS horrifies me. I don't have any stretch marks either, but now that I'm overdue with no signs of labor soon, I know  will get them. That's how it was with my mom =(

• > "I guess you won't be having the 5 or 6 kids you wanted, huh?" and I just shake my head... I'm not naive enough to think that ALL pregnancies are this bad. I also know that children come at a cost. I may be miserable and I may not care for being pregnant, but I have no intention of saying "Screw having a big family!"<

I have 6 kids pregnant with my 7th who will be here this weekend by induction due to complications. I have been through He?? with the past 2 and still did not give up the idea of the large family I wanted. I have had good pregnancies and bad and still wouldn't change a thing! So I know how you feel about being tired of being pregnant and I feel your pain!! I want you to know that it is diff. for all people and some understand and some don't.

• imagetrizzie:
    I am a horrible pregnant person!  I love the outcome, but hate the process. We are two and through and counting our blessings.

We're going to have only two as well. I'm just plain mean, cranky, and whiny now that I'm pregnant. I'm usually a lot of fun to have around, but not so much these days!

~ Mrs. G
  • imagestbmittleman:
    Go get a prescription for Pepcid. I mentioned at my last OB appt that I had such bad acid reflux that I was throwing up a little in my mouth every night and was no longer sleeping because of it. My doctor said she would be more than happy to write me a prescription. Let me tell you. It. has. been. life. changing. I heart Pepcid!!

Thanks!!! I already have a prescription for Zantac150, but that's just a JOKE! I was up all night last night throwing up bile Super Angry   It's time for something new!

~ Mrs. G
  • imageMrslove78:
    I hate being pregnant, and I hate it from day one!  But, I love being a Mom, so...  gotta do whatch gotta do. 

Yes   I just can't WAIT to be a mom! I keep telling myself the end is near...I'm closer to to having a baby than I think!

~ Mrs. G
  • I actually got chewed out by my "friend" because I had the nerve to complain about the constant acid reflux and the fact my m/s has not gone away since 6wks into this pregnancy. Mind you I have never said I hated being pregnant, only that I freaking hate my symptoms sometimes. Sorry but at 2am when I am throwing up stomach acid and my throat is so rough there are spots of blood when I get sick I am not going to be happy.

She lectured me how she hates hearing about women complain about normal pregnancies, when she took fertility drugs and ended up with quads. I was always very supportive of her, but she basically is taking out her issues on me. Just because I don't have quads doesn't mean this pregnancy has been all sunshine and rainbows. I love being pregnant because of the end result, but I have only gained 2lbs this whole pregnancy because my m/s has been so bad and the acid reflux is so bad it basically lasts all day and I have to sleep on the couch to even have a chance of sleeping. Sorry but I am not perfect and yes I have weak moments where I just crack and need to complain. She assumed this means I hate my pregnancy and she told me how she wishes she had my pregnancy. I hate when people play the "I had it worse game" because, to be honest, I never want to win that game...ever. I know I don't have it as bad as others, but I haven't had it easy either. I have had a few ultrasounds just to make sure my LO is growing how he should. Thankfully all my tests are coming back normal but its a constant worry.

Wow, sorry this turned into my own little rant. I hear ya though, there are days I am tired of being pregnant, but I keep reminding myself the ends result make it all worth it. 

photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
              Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
    Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • imagestbmittleman:
    Go get a prescription for Pepcid. I mentioned at my last OB appt that I had such bad acid reflux that I was throwing up a little in my mouth every night and was no longer sleeping because of it. My doctor said she would be more than happy to write me a prescription. Let me tell you. It. has. been. life. changing. I heart Pepcid!!

I am so happy my doctors appt is tomorrow because I am going to beg for Pepcid. The Zantac is a complete joke!! I take it twice a day and take Tums on top of that and I still have acid reflux basically all day long. I cannot remember the last time I slept in my bed all night, usually an hour into trying I give up (usually crying by this point) and go into the living room and sit on the couch, praying I can prop myself up in a way where I can just pass out. And the pain when I actually have to throw up during this time...my poor throat cannot handle it much longer. Whoever talks to me in the morning thinks I have strep or something because my voice is wrecked.

photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
              Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
    Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • imageAngel5218:

imagestbmittleman:

I am so happy my doctors appt is tomorrow because I am going to beg for Pepcid. The Zantac is a complete joke!! I take it twice a day and take Tums on top of that and I still have acid reflux basically all day long. I cannot remember the last time I slept in my bed all night, usually an hour into trying I give up (usually crying by this point) and go into the living room and sit on the couch, praying I can prop myself up in a way where I can just pass out. And the pain when I actually have to throw up during this time...my poor throat cannot handle it much longer. Whoever talks to me in the morning thinks I have strep or something because my voice is wrecked.

Looks like we're in the same boat! Two more days until my OB appointment, thank God! I couldn't even talk today because it hurt too much. I've been on a bland diet for almost a month now, and even boiled chicken goes down like I'm eating a fireball! I'm tired of being a zombie...We don't even have our LO yet, and I'm already losing TONS of much needed sleep!

~ Mrs. G
  • yea I am over it.. so ready to have the baby.. This pregnancy was harder than the one I had with ds... so happy this is my 2nd and final pregnancy.. i am trying to enjoy the last 2 weeks I will ever be pregnant but it is hard when I am so uncomfortable :(
    DD 11/5/10 born by c section DS 9/8/07 born by c section due to Pre-e/Hellp Syndrome m/c at 5 1/2 weeks 8/4/06 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
  • imagecruelsound:
    I love the kicks (for the most part.) The rest of it can bite me.

Same! Glad to be pregnant for the outcome but the 9 month process to have the baby is definitely not fun. Love feeling the movement though :)
    New little one arriving in June 2015!
    No fertility care this time, and post cancer treatment! Hooray!
    Total Thyroidectomy for Papillary Thyroid Cancer in 2013
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2004. 
    Kaylin Rose conceived in 2010 by IUI, DOB January 01, 2011
  • Sorry... I was surfing thru the boards, and found this post and I had to put in my 2 cents worth. 

I despised being pregnant.  Completely. Every second of it.  I was miserable.

I felt like my body had been taken hostage by this little parasite that just existed to make me hate myself.  I hated the way I looked, the way I felt, the lack of control I had over my body & my emotions.

I had uncontrollable rages and crying fits.  I couldn't tie my shoes.  I outgrew my maternity clothes. I gained nearly 80 lbs.  Two weeks before my due date, I was told by my doctor that it would be "any day."  Three days after my due date, I was induced and ended up with a c-s. 

I hated every nanosecond of being pregnant (except for the good parking at BRU & being able to cut in line at the bathroom during the film festival last year), but have loved every nanosecond of being a mom. 

All of the sh!t (and I mean that literally as well... we had to buy plungers for every bathroom due to my epic poops.  I even clogged a toilet at Hobby Lobby.... Embarrassed) that you go through while pregnant completely sucks. At the end of my pregnancy, I was yelling in resentment at my belleh. But, after the kid is out... it's just so sweet. 

When he nuzzles up in the crook of my neck and sighs... heaven.  When his face lights up as I enter the room... a dream.  

It blows & is the worst thing ever, but it's beyond worth it. (see siggy pics)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No offense at all...I think many of us are at the point of wanting to be done with the pregnancy thing. But you sound really young! You didn't know about heartburn? Maybe my friends and I talk a lot about this stuff but most of the symptoms I've had have been fairly common knowledge, at least in my circle so nothing was really a surprise.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• I had a relatively easy pregnancy so it hasn't been that bad but these past few weeks have been awful.  I am ginormous, swollen, achy, refluxy, and exhauseted all the time.  The past few days my body has decided that it wants to wake up at 2 or 3 AM which has made things worse.  I am positive that I am not pleasant to be around.  This past week has made me want an outside baby whereas before I was content being pregnant a little longer.
  • imageMrslove78:
    I hate being pregnant, and I hate it from day one!  But, I love being a Mom, so...  gotta do whatch gotta do. 

Me too!!! Last time wasn't as bad- this time is worse. Puking 6 times a day while trying to hide it at work, pelvic pain so bad I can't lift my leg to put pants on- and I walk around all day at work... back pain, sciatic... leaky boobs, discharge so bad you feel like you pissed your pants...

GD- finger pricks, insulin, can't eat what I WANT... And I have an almost 2 year old to run after when I get home from work this time. 

Being pregnant blows. Stick out tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Yea.. I am ready to evict this kid.  I have been pregnant ~18 of the last 25 months and am ready for my body back.  But everyone is so right about it being TOTALLY WORTH IT.  I look at my DD when I have a bad day and remember that I wouldn't give her up for anything. 
  • I'm with you!  I hate ever single second of being pregnant.  And I hate when people assume that makes me a bad mom or that I'm ungrateful.....because I'm neither.  I LOVE my DS and am very excited to welcome DD to our family this Christmas.......but I'm sooooooooooooooooooooo over the back pain/leg pain/radiating heartburn/hair everywhere/inability to sleep/peeing ever 20 mins/hemmoroids and just generally wanting to sleep 24/7 but not being able to sleep because I can either a) never get comfortable or b) am busy peeing.

I know that some women are all "oh, I never felt better than when I was pregnant" - well toodle-doo to you!  Cause I hate it.

OH OH OH!  but the WORST the worst part - for me - is the uncontrollable emotional waves.  I'm normally a very put together, easy going, with-it kinda girl.  And pregnancy makes me a whiny, crying, angry mess.  I'm 99% confident that my DH will tell you he hates me being pregnant too.

My only saving grace............60 days to go.  Just 60.  And then I'll blissfully walk into the hospital with my planned c-section and have little princess.  (and don't you c-section haters jump on me either......don't knock it till you try it!)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagetrizzie:
    I am a horrible pregnant person!  I love the outcome, but hate the process. We are two and through and counting our blessings.

This is EXACTLY how I feel!  My first pregnancy was not that bad, but this one has been absolutely horible, and I still have a long way to go.  I am really looking forward to meeting my son, but I am done after this, and I mean that!

• imageAngel5218:

I actually got chewed out by my "friend" because I had the nerve to complain about the constant acid reflux and the fact my m/s has not gone away since 6wks into this pregnancy. Mind you I have never said I hated being pregnant, only that I freaking hate my symptoms sometimes. Sorry but at 2am when I am throwing up stomach acid and my throat is so rough there are spots of blood when I get sick I am not going to be happy.

She lectured me how she hates hearing about women complain about normal pregnancies, when she took fertility drugs and ended up with quads. I was always very supportive of her, but she basically is taking out her issues on me. Just because I don't have quads doesn't mean this pregnancy has been all sunshine and rainbows. I love being pregnant because of the end result, but I have only gained 2lbs this whole pregnancy because my m/s has been so bad and the acid reflux is so bad it basically lasts all day and I have to sleep on the couch to even have a chance of sleeping. Sorry but I am not perfect and yes I have weak moments where I just crack and need to complain. She assumed this means I hate my pregnancy and she told me how she wishes she had my pregnancy. I hate when people play the "I had it worse game" because, to be honest, I never want to win that game...ever. I know I don't have it as bad as others, but I haven't had it easy either. I have had a few ultrasounds just to make sure my LO is growing how he should. Thankfully all my tests are coming back normal but its a constant worry.

Wow, sorry this turned into my own little rant. I hear ya though, there are days I am tired of being pregnant, but I keep reminding myself the ends result make it all worth it. 

because you're only allowed to be miserable if you're pregnant with multiples. Ok. 

• I don't *hate* it, but it's definitely not on my list of fun things to do. I do (mostly) love it when she moves around in there. Everything else tho? Hemmos, stretch marks, being sick, soggy panties. Well. Yea. I could definitely live without it.
  • You're not crazy... Pregnancy is not as glamorous and fabulous as Hollywood makes it out to be, I teach college, one of the classes I teach is Marriage and Family I've taken part of my Friday classes to talk about "The *** the don't tell you about Pregnancy". It's turned into an absolute riot, and I think I've deterred several young women from getting pregnant LOL!

But ultimately all kidding aside I don't hate my pregnancy (things about suck acid reflux and vomiting...etc) but I wanted children so it's kind of a package deal.

I do empathize with you though! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"