High-Risk Pregnancy

high risk?

so i woke up about 3am one morning. feeling like i needed to use the restroom very badly. the second i stood up blood started running down my leg. i went into my ob a few hours late. and she told me i had a 50% chance of miscarriage. i dont know what to think or do about this. i feel like theres no hope, even though my baby has a 50% chance of surviving... anyway sh is scheduling me for appts every 2 weeks. if my baby makes it, i am wondering should i switch to a high risk dr? i was told that when drs make appts every 2 weeks your considered "high risk" is this true?

Re: high risk?

• how far along are you? Is this your first pregnancy?

Your OB will team with a high risk doctor if that's necessary; you don't need to do anything right now, other than follow your OBs instructions.

• imagejenerally?:

how far along are you? Is this your first pregnancy?

Your OB will team with a high risk doctor if that's necessary; you don't need to do anything right now, other than follow your OBs instructions.

This. I'm high risk, but I don't have a high risk dr. He has teamed up with the ONLY high risk dr in Alaska. Have they diagnosed you with anything?

• Loading the player...
  • Assuming you're early on, nearly 50% of pregnancies have some bleeding, especially in T1.  Generally with bleeding they will say that you have a 50% chance of miscarrying.  It doesn't necessarily mean that the rest of your pregnancy will be considered high risk.  If they find a specific reason for your bleeding that puts you at high risk, then that's a different story.

I have GD (on insulin), am considered AMA and have a history of late loss and haven't seen a high risk OB.  I see an endocrinologist for my GD but a regular OB.

mmc @ 14 weeks - November 2009. Missed every day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 15DPO:461 17DPO (47hrs later):1380
  • this is my first pregnancy, and i will be 11 weeks, on thursday. i went back to the dr last week, and things got better. I still cramp and have back pain, but no more bleeding. the babys heartbeat got stronger, and she/hes moving around like crazy! i have an appt dec. 2, then the appointment after that ill find out the sex! ya :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"