Cloth Diapering

Unhappy so far with BG and FB...advice?

We've mostly been using KL0s and prefolds on DD since she's so little (2.5 months and probably about 10lbs even right now) but I've been trying out our FB OS and BG small...and they leak every time!  The FB may need slight elastic adjustment (although they're still on the newborn-10lb recommended elastic settings) but I can't figure out why I'm having so many problems with the BG.  It's making me nervous since a lot of my stash is BG (some med sized, some 3.0s, some elementals) and while I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet, I am debating it and replacing them with some other brands [Monkeysnuggles seem to be popular here, possibly Nifty Nappys (any reviews on these?), etc.]  Any thoughts as to what might be causing these constant leak issues?  TIA! 

image Visit The Nest!

Re: Unhappy so far with BG and FB...advice?

• First off I have to say your daughter is adorable!!  She might just need to grow into them a bit.  I've gone back and forth with diapers as my son has grown and I've liked some as he got older that I thought I'd never use.

Is she leaking out the legs or out the back?  Is the diaper saturated?

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • At her size, I'm guessing its a fit issue. We had some diapers leak when LO was smaller until her thighs chunked up. I wouldn't worry too much at this point since she is still small. They'll likely fit better in a few weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • My guess would be a fit issue as well.  DS is now almost 16 lbs and wears med BG's and FB's with no leaks - unless they are not stuffed enough during nap time. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BFP#1 10/26/09 EDD 7/4/10 Beautiful Baby Boy born 2 weeks late 7/16/10 BFP#2 8/23/11 EDD 5/11/12 Natural Miscarriage @ 6 weeks BFP#3 5/22/12 EDD 2/10/13 Stick Baby!
  • imageLilrdmandy:

First off I have to say your daughter is adorable!!  She might just need to grow into them a bit.  I've gone back and forth with diapers as my son has grown and I've liked some as he got older that I thought I'd never use.

Is she leaking out the legs or out the back?  Is the diaper saturated?

Thank you! :)  We're completely smitten with her.  The leaks usually happen at the legs- her thighs are chunking up a bit, but she had an awful leak last night at the leg on a FB.  They're not saturated- in fact, with the BG one pee leaked out *immediately* after I put it on her, so she got changed twice in about 5 minutes.  She's such a heavy wetter at night I won't even try them (we stick with the KL0s/PFs or GroBaby/DreamEze generally at night.)  The BG sized is supposedly for 8-16# but maybe her body just isn't right for it yet.  But dang, I am tired of prefolds. :) 

image Visit The Nest!

• Ditto the fit issue. She is probably still too small.  They claim to fit that small, but they really don't.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It sounds like she is just too small at this point. If she is leaking out the legs I would be her thighs are still too skinny.
  • Thanks everyone!  I will give it some time and keep trying.  :)

image Visit The Nest!

• The same thing happened with my Smartipants because my son was skinny in the hips and legs. They work great now, though. He just had to grow into them. I've heard that Happy Heineys has a mini size diaper that's great and SP also has newborn sizes now too.
  • We had both and did not care for them when DS was really little.  He was born at about 9 lbs and I would say that we didn't really love either BGs or FBs until he was a bit bigger.  Probably about 13-14 lbs?  I dunno, I just couldn't get them to fit right without leaks until that point.  Now we LOVE them and DS is about 20 lbs.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"