Georgia Babies

Vent: 3rd blown off nanny interview in a row!

UGH.

I'm trying to find a nanny for when I return to work in January. I set up three interviews this week with women who seemed interested in the position. I found them all on sittercity.com.

All three bailed. Two never showed up or even bothered to call, and one called to say she was sick and wanted to reschedule.

I'm so frustrated. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have advice?

Re: Vent: 3rd blown off nanny interview in a row!

• Could it be because you are starting to look so early. I know it will be hard due to the holidays to time it right. But most people who are looking for work now won't want to wait till January to start working. We started interviewinf about 6 weeks before we needed them to start and gave the 4 weeks notice to tell their current family. Maybe try again in a few weeks? Best of luck!
    Our Photo Site
    James - July 4, 2010
    Sam - June 21, 2012
  • Stuff like that ticks me off and would get them crossed off my list. I never had any just not show up. Lots have cancelled and several really late. I always do phone interviews first and thoroughly vet them before meeting them. I've also found that younger nannies tend to be flakier than older ones, but that's just my opinion. Have you tried care.com? It's a great site. I also agree with pp. I've also found the more time between interviews and start date, the greater chance you have of someone backing out for immediate work. It really is a hard process, so I know how you feel. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • I am actualy in the process of hiring a nanny for just Nov and Dec.  She will be looking for permanent work in January.  If she is good I could recommend her to you.  If you are interested let me know.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lily  pie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks, ladies. I do feel a little better now.

Alison422, let me know how things work out! 

• If the one that was sick sounded legitimately sick, I might consider giving her a second chance. But the others, yea...that sucks.
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • I agree you're starting too early.  When I went back to work after having my first, I went back in Jan and we started interviewing in mid/late Nov.  I'd try care.com, or enannysource.com. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"