3rd Trimester

week 38...HELP?

im on week 38 and went to my appointment today. they said that everything was the same from last week. this makes me nervous. how long is she really going to be in there. and then they said that they wont let me go over a week past my due date. im miserable as it is now that makes me think that im going to go that long........ i know that sex and walking helps move the process along but is there anything else i can do that will help?

Re: week 38...HELP?

• She is going to be in there at least 2 more weeks. This isn't rocket science. Honestly. She can't go to college if she's still in your ute, obviously she is going to come out when she is ready.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Labor can happen at anytime...you are not 40 weeks yet even.  You could dilate overnight...this is why I will refuse internals up till my due date...they tell you nothing...even if you are not dilated/effaced yet...you could still go into labor tonight...or on your due date or after...or anywhere in between!

Relaxing might help...it's the end of pregnancy...it sucks for everyone...hang in there.

• Loading the player...
  • imageMrs.Johns:

She is going to be in there at least 2 more weeks. This isn't rocket science. Honestly. She can't go to college if she's still in your ute, obviously she is going to come out when she is ready.

I think she just means that...  wow, at this point if there is no change, WTF is going to happen when i'm at 40 weeks?  I can understand.  I would expect some progression each OB visit.

• When we're estimated for 40 weeks and it's common knowledge a higher percentage of mothers go past their due date, why does it surprise so many people when their baby hasn't shown three weeks early? If you were 46 weeks, I'd be impressed.

This is my siggy. Love it.

• imageVenus04d:
    When we're estimated for 40 weeks and it's common knowledge a higher percentage of mothers go past their due date, why does it surprise so many people when their baby hasn't shown three weeks early? If you were 46 weeks, I'd be impressed.

At that point, I'd be performing my own c-section. lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMrs.Johns:

imageVenus04d:
    When we're estimated for 40 weeks and it's common knowledge a higher percentage of mothers go past their due date, why does it surprise so many people when their baby hasn't shown three weeks early? If you were 46 weeks, I'd be impressed.

At that point, I'd be performing my own c-section. lol

Haha. NO JOKE. 

This is my siggy. Love it.

• Try not to be frustrated! Zero progress does not mean anything. With my first, I did not have any progress at any of my OB appointments, even three days before I went into labor, and she still came two days early!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"