Baby Names

Heard a new one.

Anika. For a girl. Thoughts? I heard it on Pippy Lonstockings last night.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image   and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Heard a new one.

• I think it's pretty. Is that the proper spelling?
    BabyFruit Ticker

photo 1d770d91-53d1-4538-bdc8-2350dc996755.jpg 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BFP #1 - 8.23.11 | EDD 5.4.12 | Natural MC 11w6d
    BFP #2 - 2.27.12 | EDD 11.9.12 | DD #1- 11.2.12!!
    BFP #3 - 4.12.14 | EDD 12.24.14
  • I like it. And, btw, I LOVE Pippi Longstocking!

::Pippi Longstocking is coming into your world! A freckle-faced red haired girl you oughta know!::

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• Loading the player...
  • I really like it.  It's really pretty and different.  I had a friend in college named Annika.  She pronounced it AHN-i-ka.  I think the golfer Anika Sorenstam (sp?) pronounces it ANN-i-ka.
  • sounds like Anikin from Star wars. haha
  • Pippa-lotta-delicatessa-windowshade Longstocking

Love that story..........my Daughter has an Annika in her class. I have secretly loved that name for a long time

• I worked with a chick at Kinko's (I think she was from Norway or something) who's name was Anika (can't remember the spelling tho)
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Quite a few little Anika/Annikas being born in our area.  I think it is super pretty, but have two friends named Anika, so can't imagine using it on and DDs I might have.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Anika is a wonderful name. A delightful little girl in my family in named Anika. It's unusual, pretty, and spunky. :)
  • I like it. It's pretty without being too girly.
  • It is my cousin's name, I like it! 
  • Love it.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Love Annika! It's definitely been around for a while and has recently become more popular. It showed up on the SSA list at #970 in 1995 and last year was #416; It peaked in 2003 at #284. It's a diminutive of Anna so it would be a great way to honor an Anna in your life.
  • I LOVE that you quoted that song. I was obsessed with that movie as a child. Obsessed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"