Baby Names

Kallyn Faye...

Im due in December with a little girl. Im naming her Kallyn Faye. Its pronounced Kal Lynn. What do you ladies think about it?

Re: Kallyn Faye...

• I like the originality of Kallyn- it sounds very Gaelic. Faye sounds like a beautiful middle name, especially for December. It's different than normal middle names and it make her sound like a snow fairy. :) Very pretty. 
  • I like Faye!
    M/C 04-1999 Missed M/C 04-20-2005 M/C 11-09-2006 DD - Sable Ren
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank You! Faye is my MIL middle name. Shes so happy were using it :D
  • I love the name Faye.  It's going to be my LO's middle name as well, after my grandmother.
  • Personally, I love it. You may want to consider spelling it Callan, I knew a girl in highschool with that name who was very beautiful and I always loved that name, I think Kallyn will me mispronounced "kay-lin", imo. But I do love it with the middle name Faye. Very pretty.

https://www.babyhold.com/list/Gaelic_Baby_Names/Callan/details/ 

• We considered changing the spelling but my hubby wants to be different. He got to name her..so it was either Kallyn or Monae. Im just thankfull he decided on Kallyn :D
  • I thought it was a yooneek version of Colin (the "Kall" rhyming with "call" as in make to a phone a call.)

So I think you, and your child, better get used to correcting the spelling and the pronounciation the rest of your child's life.

Faye is nice though.

• I pronounced it correctly in my head when I read it.  I actually like it!  I don't like that there is a y in both the first and middle names. It just doesn't look nice to me, but if you like it, I think it's fine! Also, even though Callan is technically a boy's name, I think it sounds very feminine. 
  • I like Faye, but Kallyn looks like an awful trendy attempt at a feminine form of Callan.

ETA: Oh wow, I just noticed you already have a Cody. Do you not think they are way too similar to be siblings? 

• Kallyn is terrible. I hate the trendy K and Y use.

Faye is fine. 

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• I like Callan and I have a girlfriend named Kallen and like it.  It is the "y" that I don't like.  It will make the name look very dated one day.  I don't understand our current generation's obsession with changing vowels to "y"s in baby names.

I think Faye is adorable.

• People will probably think it's a misspelling of Kaylin.

• No

I'm sorry, but it's just not good. The spelling looks trendy and silly---not at all like a grown woman's name. But the name souns completely male. It's unfortunate on both counts.

Faye is pretty. My youngest sister's name is Fae, and everyone said when my parents named her Arah, "Well, at least she can always go by Fae." I feel the same way about this name.

VOTE on my Name List

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• imagefeffy11:

1. I thought it was Kailyn. /KAY-lyn/

2. Callan is a boy's name.

3. Misspelling a name doesn't make your child "different" or "special." It makes the name misspelled. When a teacher calls out "/CAL-in/" and both her and a boy raise their hands, it will not matter that you spelled it with a cutting-edge K or a cutesy Y because they SOUND the same in prose.

4. I actually prefer Monae here, or Monet. It sounds more like a girl's name.

5. If you told me your children's names are /COH-dee/ and /CAL-in/ I would think you have two sons. I might also think they're twins because the names are so similar.

6. Naming should be mutual, not a "he picked it, I'm stuck with it" situation

All of this except #4. Monae/Monet screams prostitute to me.

• I don't like it, sorry.  What about Caitlin?  Or Callie?
  • Yeah, Spelling it Kallyn just looks ridiculous and incorrect. If you want to use Callen/ Callan/Kellen for a girl, go ahead, but misspelling it does not make it more feminine.

Remind your husband that people do not introduce themselves ?Hi My name is Kallyn K-A-L-L-Y-N, that makes it a girls name and ?special??

• imagesupermanda:

Personally, I love it. You may want to consider spelling it Callan, I knew a girl in highschool with that name who was very beautiful

Me too, I went to h.s. with a girl named Callan.  Great name... not a fan of the spelling Kallyn, sorry.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Faye reminds me of a hick. :

but if you like it: more power to you.

• imagejessibangs:

Faye reminds me of a hick. :

but if you like it: more power to you.

Rolling my eyes to the above quote. I think Faye is beautiful. Kallyn I think the spelling needs work, I think it is going to be pronounced incorreclty from what you want it to be.
  • imagefeffy11:

1. I thought it was Kailyn. /KAY-lyn/

2. Callan is a boy's name.

3. Misspelling a name doesn't make your child "different" or "special." It makes the name misspelled. When a teacher calls out "/CAL-in/" and both her and a boy raise their hands, it will not matter that you spelled it with a cutting-edge K or a cutesy Y because they SOUND the same in prose.

4. I actually prefer Monae here, or Monet. It sounds more like a girl's name.

5. If you told me your children's names are /COH-dee/ and /CAL-in/ I would think you have two sons. I might also think they're twins because the names are so similar.

6. Naming should be mutual, not a "he picked it, I'm stuck with it" situation

All of this...except Monet, the artist's surname, would be my prefered spelling.

Kallyn is also a hot mess...I don't know how you want it pronounced...Kal in? Kay Lin?

Here's the rare and original spelling of the Kay Lin version:

https://www.behindthename.com/name/caelan

Believe me, you're not coming up with anything the world hasn't already seen - trendy Ks, Ys where vowels usually go, something that sounds like Twilight's Cullen...not news and not unique. Youneek maybe, messed up, definitely.

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • imageKeriMichael Marie:
    I like Faye!

Ditto - I much prefer this spelling thanks to the actress. Nice middle name pick!

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • imagesunnyday016:

Kallyn is terrible. I hate the trendy K and Y use.

Faye is fine. 

This is what I was thinking.

• Its pronounced Kal Lynn. Kally for short. I actually love it and im glad my hunni is spelling it however he wants. Ive seen much worse names (Hennesy..Shamika..Tequila..LaTavia) so to me Kallyn is perfect :D
  • image.Sara.:
    Its pronounced Kal Lynn. Kally for short. I actually love it and im glad my hunni is spelling it however he wants. Ive seen much worse names (Hennesy..Shamika..Tequila..LaTavia) so to me Kallyn is perfect :D

Okay, so:

1. Kallyn is okay because there are worse names (Tequila, for example).

2. Your "hunni" gets to solely decide the spelling of your child. 

Got it.

• Yes he does get to decide and its for personal reasons. I do love the name and the only reason I said there are wrose names is because everyone on here hates it. But thats fine with me. Were naming her Kallyn for us and no one else. But thanks for all your input!
  • Callan Faye- Beautiful!! (though Callan is a boys name) and different.

Kallyn Faye- Bad. Just bad. Trendy, uneeeeeek and I don't see it being pronounced the same as Callan. 

I'd ask your "hunni" to reconsider- show him this post :) At least Tequila was spelled correctly....

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• Why is everyone so worked up over a name for a child they don't know and probably will never meet. She asked for input and received a lot of mean spirited comments. She's happy with her choice let her be. Their may be many names you like better and that's why you have the opportunity to name your own child :) have a great day everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"