2nd Trimester
Options

If you're having twins.

When you felt flutters, was it always in one spot? Or do you think you felt flutters on left and right side from either baby?

With DS, I remember feeling flutters only in one spot. Today I've felt the first flutters of this pregnancy twice. All the way on the left, and all the way on the right. I'm only curious.

And I don't want to hear that 'it's not your baby' shiit. I've already had one, so trust me. I know the unmistaken baby flutters. It ain't gas, ladies. With DS, I felt fluters at 14 weeks. So, this does seem quite early, but hey.. it's there for sure.

Re: If you're having twins.

• Options
    Good luck with this one! (the question I mean)
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"--Eleanor Roosevelt Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options

Can't really help you. I'm going on 18 weeks, and may have felt flutters recently, but nothing I would conclusively say were flutters for sure. In the U/S we had on Monday, they showed me where the placenta forms, and explained that the barrier of it is why you really don't feel anything until now, or even later on. And, that placenta is also the very thing that protects the babies, so even though it may be frustrating, it is really a blessing. But... you didn't want to hear that sh*t, so hopefully someone else here has felt it earlier on.

Did you post this to the multiples board yet? 

Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I first felt flutters around 15/16 weeks (first babies). They were in very different spots. Sometimes it would be down lower and sometimes up higher.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Not being snarky, this is my first pregnancy and I am not judging... But i get kicks and flutters all the time I cant tell who is kicking or hitting me, even when it is different spots. The only way I can actually tell is when I am at their bi-weekly ultrasound and I can see who it is kicking me. Mine move so much all the time position wise  (sometimes they are side by side and sometimes one on top of the other) it is hard to keep track, so maybe you just have a very active baby.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imageTheCricket:

Can't really help you. I'm going on 18 weeks, and may have felt flutters recently, but nothing I would conclusively say were flutters for sure. In the U/S we had on Monday, they showed me where the placenta forms, and explained that the barrier of it is why you really don't feel anything until now, or even later on. And, that placenta is also the very thing that protects the babies, so even though it may be frustrating, it is really a blessing. But... you didn't want to hear that sh*t, so hopefully someone else here has felt it earlier on.

Did you post this to the multiples board yet? 

I haven't had any ultrasounds because I see a midwife for a home birth. So there is no way for me to know for sure right now. I can understand not feeling flutters for awhile with a first pregnancy. But I've heard that it can be felt a little earlier with a 2nd pregnancy. I don't see anything about your response telling me that I definitely didn't feel my baby. And even if you did, who cares! :)  It's all good.

• Options

imageklcl8981:
    I don't see anything about your response telling me that I definitely didn't feel my baby. And even if you did, who cares! :)  It's all good.

That's because I didn't say that. All I know is what they told me, and I was sharing that. Only you and your midwife may be able to tell you what you feel, you know? Seriously - I'd ask the folks on the Multiples board - they are very helpful, but sometimes it takes a while for a response because it's not just expectant moms of twins, but mostly made up of ones who have had their kids a while ago - which may even be more informative in your case.

Photobucket
  • Options
    imageTheCricket:

imageklcl8981:
    I don't see anything about your response telling me that I definitely didn't feel my baby. And even if you did, who cares! :)  It's all good.

That's because I didn't say that. All I know is what they told me, and I was sharing that. Only you and your midwife may be able to tell you what you feel, you know? Seriously - I'd ask the folks on the Multiples board - they are very helpful, but sometimes it takes a while for a response because it's not just expectant moms of twins, but mostly made up of ones who have had their kids a while ago - which may even be more informative in your case.

Yea. Thanks, I'll check w/ them later.
  • Options

I didn't feel flutters until something like 18 weeks this time around But had hard kicks only a few weeks later. I could really only feel one baby until recently and it was still all over the place. 

• Options

I'm confused...? Why do you want to know about twins? You say you haven't had an ultrasound at all yet (which is fine) and it doesn't really seem like YOU have twins, unless there is a way to determine multiples without an ultrasound that I'm completely missing...

So why are you asking about twins?! Is it just a curiosity thing? (oh wait it does say that you're only curious...)

Confusion over! Rambling done... Answered my own question.....

I always kind of wondered about that too though if mothers of multiples could tell who was kicking them.

Phoenix - August 19, 2006
    Avery - March 16, 2011

Things to avoid during pregnancy: Eye contact with cats. Cats will suck the burgeoning life right out of you, using their infamous feline mind-powers. Avert your eyes, and move along.

FACT: 1 in 10 people are said to be a carrier of Listeria. Therefore you should avoid all shopping malls, grocery stores and busy street corners for the duration of your pregnancy. Or microwave anyone you contact until steaming, just to be safe.
  • Options

At my appointment today, I asked this question, and they explained that my babies are in a certain position - Baby A is higher and more to the left. He said that I will probably be able to tell for the most part who is kicking me, but the middle region will be up for debate.

I cannot wait.

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"