2nd Trimester

Poll: How long did your morning sickness last?

I'm 13 weeks today and it shows no sign of slowing down. Just spent 10 minutes in the bathroom at work dry-heaving. I'm waiting for someone to flip the switch and make me feel human again! I didn't have ms with my son, so this is all new to me. Of course everyone I talk to tells me how they were sick for 6-7-8-9- months (which I tend not to believe most of them!).

So, if you have been lucky enough to experience lovely ms, how long did it last for you? Or is it still going strong? 

Re: Poll: How long did your morning sickness last?

• 6-16 weeks....maybe til 17 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • For me it lasted all the way through my first tri, went away during most of my second and then...I was so glad to have it come back during my third...Confused.  I think it's worse now than in the beginning!?!  I hope you feel better soon!

Gunnar is my IVF miracle...after 4 years of TTC...Two cycles of IVF...Our little dude blessed us with his birth...I thank God everyday for him. Lilypie First Birthday tickers PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • Weeks 4-16 of being deathly ill.... seriously
  • I'd say this wk I'm finally feeling better. I'm not nauseous anymore, but I'm still not finding food as appetizing as I used to.
    Wallace is a big brother!
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Weeks 6-13 were the worst for me. I was sick morning noon and night and I was puking up to 12 times a day. I am now throwing up only about 1-2 times a day but don't have the extreme nausea anymore. Have you tried taking a vitamin B6 supplement? Talk to your doctor about a dosage but I think that's what helped me.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Off topic, I'm from Westchester too!! Moved after college but definitely want to get back there asap.
  • Still going strong as ever.
  • From 6-12 weeks I was deathly ill 24/7, some days throwing up around 10 times.  This week I have felt a little bit better.  I'm still not energetic at all, and my diet still consists of oatmeal and toast, but it is better.

I'm traumatized by how sick I was though, so I'm not confident that it won't come back.  Zofran and a seaband both helped quite a bit.  So did fizzy drinks. 

• I'm 15w1d & it's still here.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 5.5w - now.

It started to ease at 14-15w and I was off Zofran by week 16, but I'm still nauseous with gagging fits daily and intermittent bad days with barfing.

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • With DD I was sick until 18.5 weeks.  In fact, my m/s got worse between weeks 13-18.

This time around it started to subside around week 11 or 12.  I still have a day every now and again where I do feel a little nauseous, but it is nothing like that m/s feeling that you have all day long.  Plus, the nauseous feeling tends to occur if I haven't eaten enough during the day, so if I make sure to eat regular meals and snacks I can avoid it altogether.

• I'm still nauseaous and puking daily. Between weeks 5-14 I was sick ALL day. Now it's just the morning and afternoon. 
  • Outside of the "as soon as 1st tri ends" generalization, the most common time for m/s to end is 16-18 weeks. I am one of the special folks who still has it in 3rd tri.
  • 18 weeks and still sick.  At least now I am only puking every morning and sometimes at night, and no longer once or twice during the day.  It's been a blast, really.  If mine were limited to dry heaving I would take that as relief! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • started getting better around 12, then gone by 14-15. Although now I have acid reflux so someday that still makes me feel a little sick to my stomach. But hopefully you start feeling good soon!
  • Weeks 5-15 I was throwing up all times of the day, weeks 15-17 I was down to just morning and before/after lunch, now (almost 19 weeks) it's still every morning, but only occasionaly at lunch.  Food still doesn't sound good, I hate eating.
    Nathaniel David 3/22/11 #2 due 12/16/12
  • This pregnancy, the m/s was horrible from week 5-15.  It started getting better right when I hit the 15 week mark, but I still have a bad day every now and then.
  • between 16-17 weeks.
  • Still going strong at 16 weeks uncontrollable no matter what medicine I tried, but controllable with Zofran for about 5 days now.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With DS, it was from 5 to 15 weeks. This time It was from about 3 1/2 weeks onward but it's almost gone now.
  • 22 Weeks.
  • I am down to only throwing up a couple times a week but I am still there!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My m/s started the day I turned 10 weeks and went away the day I turned 14 weeks.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • 5 FULL long months (puking up to 3 times a day, lost 20 lbs) which was terrible. But it was sooo worth it now that I feel strong kicks everyday. Would do it again in a heartbeat :) 6 months now and feeling great! Mommy's princess was just making herself known.
  • Not completely sick to my stomach very much ever, but lots of dry heaving that did not fully go away until the end of week 20.
  • With my first, I was sick the entire pregnancy. I promise you - I'm not lying. It was horrible and I kept waiting for it to end, like my dr (and everyone else) promised it would. I was so miserable and said I would never get pg again. but here I am again. LOL. And so far, experiencing the same thing. no sign of slowing down at all. On the plus side (if there is any), I only gained 25 due to always being sick.
  • My morning sickness was really bad from about 7-18 weeks. I still have it every once in a while but not all the time like I did then.
  • Still here, just not as bad or consistent.
  • With my first pregnancy I was sick the entire time. I even threw up while I was in the delivery room. Not fun. With this one I threw up on a regular basis until I was about 18 weeks now I only throw up if I drink too much orange juice lol.
  • 17.5 weeks but I still dry heave and get nauseous in the evenings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"