2nd Trimester

If you don't have anything nice to say - just come sit by me. Vent-A-Thon

I work for a boutique law firm (fancy for small). Our receptionist may possible the laziest, biggest waste of space. Yesterday she misfiled a depo I needed. I asked her where it was since she is the only one that files. She claims it never existed - LIAR - I have seen it. So, her old a$$ gets on facebook and plays around with her 10 old friends who probably just learned about this "spacebook" thing. In the mean time, I am around eight months pregnant on the floor looking through the last row of the file cabinet. She looks at me and asks "are you looking for that depo?"

I snarkly replied "apparently."

She laughs and proceeds to play on facebook.

It took everything I had not to say, "Connie, get your lazy dumb a$$ down here and find the gd depo you fvcking misfiled!!!!" After I eventually found it, I emailed all the attorneys in the office and said "I finally found the depo Connie misfiled." (Just so I could cover my back if she claims I was mean to her). This happened about 24 hours ago and I still cannot stand to look at that fvcktard.

Anyone else have a coirker they cannot stand?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker

Re: If you don't have anything nice to say - just come sit by me. Vent-A-Thon

• Yes. There are some. I let myself get way too worked up when they frustrate me.

My boss at corporate makes me do things all the time that I just don't want to do (like increase pay of my staff, even if they didn't earn it). It makes me crazy!

• well in general not real thrilled with where i work but one guy in particular is like the biggest creeper ever..... He makes up random conversations and says out of line stuff that just creeps us out.  I dont know if he is just tryin way to hard to make friends or just really has no clue.....
  • Loading the player...
  • Well she shouldn't be on facebook while "working," first of all.  Can you block the site?  We had to install content watch on all office computers here.  I felt like a nazi and they hate it but oh well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • That is actually the reason I didn't go to work today.  I'm a teacher and when I walked in yesterday the assistant pricipal says to  me "Mrs. B I have to find rooms for you to go to today because they are doing some wiring." So this is 2 minutes before 1st period starts.  So I am running around the building all day with my stack of papers and books and then when I get back to my room it's a complete mess!  The contracters didn't even clean up the mess.  So I am lifting chairs and sweepijng up dust and I had to wipe off my whole desk that was covered in saw dust because the guys were nowhere to be found.  I wasted about 20 minutes of my planning period.  So I get on the computer to check my email etc and the internet is down.  So I ask finally find the guys who installed the stuff (after walking back and forth to the office about 3 times) and say "I don't have internet now" and the guy says "Well we didnt' flip the main switch yet, it should be up by the end of the day"  So I say "Because that helps me now" and stomp off to the library to finish. Then I get an email from another teacher who wants to use my class, when I have a class period mind you, to have his kids cook something (I teach culinary and child development).  So I have to email him and tell him no I have a class.  And to top it all off, I was almost late, even though I got up extra early to go to the store for my kids to cook, just because the people at Wal-mart have no idea what they are doing.  So that's why I decided on a mental health day.
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"--Eleanor Roosevelt Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • I have to say I found myself quite irritated the other day at the law office that I work at.

I was closing a huge file, and the file room happens to be downstairs. A co-worker of mine and I had to move a boat load of boxed files to the elevator, and cart them to the file room downstairs. A bunch of heavy lifting, that I know I shouldn't have been doing, but had I never done it, it never would have gotten done. During all of this, the associates in the office watched us do it. Never offered any help or anything, even made jokes about us moving things.

It was soooo annoying. Had I been a little bit farther along in my pregnancy I may have lashed out at everyone around me, but I didn't think this early in the game it was worth losing my job over.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I work for a very small company (8 people total). I have been here a year and still feel very uncomfortable most of the time.  I am scared to death to talk to my boss (who is the owner of the company) about when I have the baby because I know I'm not getting any kind of pay or benefits and some how just knowing vs having her confirm it are less scary.

I am particularly annoyed today because there was a payroll error and we didn't get paid, our checks will be deposited tomorrow (really there are 8 people here how effing hard is it to do payroll)

Allison Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebootsnbananas:

I work for a very small company (8 people total). I have been here a year and still feel very uncomfortable most of the time.  I am scared to death to talk to my boss (who is the owner of the company) about when I have the baby because I know I'm not getting any kind of pay or benefits and some how just knowing vs having her confirm it are less scary.

I am particularly annoyed today because there was a payroll error and we didn't get paid, our checks will be deposited tomorrow (really there are 8 people here how effing hard is it to do payroll)

That would have really pissed me off.  Who ever is in charge of pay roll has got to go.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Since I got laid off, I kind of miss having cow-irkers. My puppy can kind of get on my nerves at times during the day though - does that count?

Photobucket
  • uggh . . . my company has just switched me from one small company to another.  We have a big company that oversees a bunch of portfolio companies.  Anyways . . . the guy that sits next to me, wreaks of cigarettes and dip, slurps his coke, coughs all the time (from smoking), and when he sneezes it sounds like he is going to make the building fall to the ground and it always scares the crap out of me.  Its more annoying than lazy but still . . . . drives me CRAZY!!
  • I have the typical annoying cow-irkers at times but nothing lately has given me any ammo to post. I just had to comment that I love your use of the word "fvcktrd"...seems like the perfect application lol.

You should tell your boss to view Connie's profile so they can see when she makes comments etc. Being new to "spacebook" (lmao) and all she probably doesn't realize that it shows the timing of her activity during the day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have one that I should be able to easily avoid but he comes into the office to avoid work. He is also my bosses husband so he gets away with it. I feel my blood starting to boil hearing his voice. He's one of those "I'll do it tomorrow" types. Can someone clue me in when tomorrow comes? It hasn't yet!!! Besides him I love my co workers.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic For Bryce Addison and all of heaven's smallest angels Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"