April 2011 Moms

16 week appointment this morning! :)

And it went well.  LO's heart was beating away - such a beautiful sound.

Talked with the Dr about my headaches/migraines.  He ended up giving me a px for vicodin.  He said that there really isn't anything in between.  Either tylenol or narcotics.  Told him, I'd like to stay away from the narcs and I'll just deal with it.  Then he says "I'm going to give you a px anyways because in case you get one over the weekend, you call me, all I can do is tell you to go to the ER and you've almost been there once already."  I was in shock and can't believe it's either, or.  You can't take any medications for migranes - Imitrex, excedrin, etc.  We'll see.  I'm very leary about it.

Then got my blood drawn for neural tube defects and will hopefully get the results back by the end of the week.

The best part was scheduling my 20 week scan!  Even though we are Team Green, I can't wait to see my LO again and how much s/he's grown.  11/16.  I can't wait and can't believe it's only 4 weeks away.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 1.28.10; HB 6w5d 2.18.10; No HB 3.8.10; Natural m/c 3.9.10 at 9w3d
BFP#2 - 7.22.10 DD born 3.16.11
BFP#3 - 8.11.11 DS born 3.27.12

Re: 16 week appointment this morning! :)

• I'm glad everything went well!  I just had my 12 week appt yesterday and it truly was a beautiful sound to hear your baby's heartbeat. Big Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Glad everything is going well (aside from the migraines.) My 16-week is on Thursday and I can't wait to hear the HB again!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yay for good appointments!!

I'm so sorry about your migraines. I used to get them really bad (they finally stopped) and took wonderful migraine medicine. I used to tell DH that they'd have to go away before I got pg because Tylenol doesn't make a dent in that area. I hope you can get some answers.

• So exciting! I have my 16 week tomorrow and our big ultrasound is 11/11. I will also have my second blood draw. I really hope the doc tries for the heartbeat. I haven't heard it yet!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was getting really bad migraines for a few weeks and finally figured out what was causing them. When I had my blood work done they tested my vitamin D level and it was super low so Ive been taking a suppliment. The Doctor told me to take 3 drops a day even though the bottle says 1 drop a day since I was so low in it. One day I forgot to take it, and that was the one day I didn't have a migraine. I've since switched to 1 drop a day and have been fine (besides normal pregnancy mild headaches.)
  • oh migraines are AWEFUL!  i hope you feel better.  my next OB appointment is 10/27 and Anatomy scan is 11/15 - can't wait!!
  • So glad to hear everything went well! I'm sorry to hear about the migraines, that must be terrible. 

• How exciting!  (about the HB not the drugs)  I have my 16 week appointment tomorrown and cannot wait.

I hope the migranes stop.

Mommy to Violet 4/4/2011 and Linnea 2/10/2013
    Anniversary
  • Happy to hear your appointment went well.

A small suggestion for migranes as I am a suffer - I find that sucking peppermints help slightly.

• Yay for good appointments!  Mine is tomorrow afternoon.  I'm so ready to hear the hb again Big Smile
  • actually there are some migraine meds that you can take while pregnant. they have different classifications of the meds and they work by treating them in different ways. im 15w 5d went to dr yesterday and she prescribed midrin for mine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"