1st Trimester

Question about cramps...

Hello!  This is my official first post... EVER.  Woohoo!

Anyway, I just have a question for anyone who is willing to answer.

If you have horrible cramps when you have your period, does that mean you'll get horrible cramps when you're pregnant as well?

I'm a cramper.  Lol.  I've always gotten horrible cramps when Aunt Flo came to town.  I've fainted a couple times in the past it was so bad.   I think I might be pregnant, but I'm not experiencing any sickness or cramping at all. 

thanks

Re: Question about cramps...

• I'm one who has severe cramping days before and after AF comes. Nowadays I still have cramps my ARNP says is normal as the uterus is growing. As a nurse myself, I do know this but because we failed to TTC for 3 years until now, it is very scary to me when I feel the cramps. They are still pretty bad but at least doesn't last for hours.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been cramping for the last 6 weeks, and always had cramping during AF.  I'm not sure the two are tied together because they are different kinds of cramping.

The cramps felt during pregnancy are the stretching of your uterus and surrounding muscles.  Mine started about 2 days before my expected AF, and have at times been somewhat strong, and also haven't stopped.  They aren't as frequent now.  

Have you taken a HPT? Are you temping? Not everyone gets m/s and it sometimes doesn't hit until 6+ weeks.

• Loading the player...
  • I have ALWAYS had bad cramps during AF. Now I still have some cramping, but it is nothing comapred to AF cramps. These cramps I am experencing (which are getting fewer and far-er between) are really mild in comparison and only seem to last for less than a couple minutes. they almost feel like a "tinge" in my belly or lower ab, sometimes on the sides of the ab. Anyway, hope this helps and sorry for the miss-spellings  Stick out tongue  I haven't been able to speak correctly today either...is that what they call preganancy brain? lol
  • For me, the early cramps and the RLP are nothing compared to Braxton Hicks.  I'm not a big AF cramper, but I was BH'ing like a mofo with DS!

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Oh good! I just got my BFP (hooray) and am still cramping and feeling as though AF is on her damn way! I keep thinking I should not be cramping anymore and am so fearful of a MC....I guess I will try and relax.
  • Ohh, different kinds of cramping?  I see.  That makes sense!

Well, AF is a week late.  That never happens.   I took a HPT yesterday and it was a BFN so I was going to take another one in a week. I've woken up with bad headaches lately.  It's weird.  I was at a water park this weekend with my DH (for our first anniversary!), and after one waterslide I was slightly queasy, pretty dizzy, and I got a big headache.  That is so not like me.  I always pick the fastest craziest rides and love them.  My nipples are sore, and that's unusual for me too...   Sorry if this is TMI.  Big Smile

I don't want to read too far into this.  I guess I'm just curious!

• I've had worse cramps when I'm pg than I usually got with AF. AF cramps were burning and usually nonexistent. I've had ALL sorts of cramping now.
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • imagekristintensity:

Ohh, different kinds of cramping?  I see.  That makes sense!

Well, AF is a week late.  That never happens.   I took a HPT yesterday and it was a BFN so I was going to take another one in a week. I've woken up with bad headaches lately.  It's weird.  I was at a water park this weekend with my DH (for our first anniversary!), and after one waterslide I was slightly queasy, pretty dizzy, and I got a big headache.  That is so not like me.  I always pick the fastest craziest rides and love them.  My nipples are sore, and that's unusual for me too...   Sorry if this is TMI.  Big Smile

I don't want to read too far into this.  I guess I'm just curious!

I have had all of those symptoms every cycle for 8 cycles, and for 7 out of those 8 I was not pregnant!  The month I found out I was pregnant I thought for sure I was about to start my period.  AF symptoms are a LOT like pregnancy symptoms, so I tried really hard not to get my hopes up.

As for being a week late, well you could have simply ovulated later than normal.  No woman has a perfect 28 day cycle every month of her life.  If you don't get your BFP this cycle, you should check out FertilityFriend.com.  

Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep, I'm not pregnant!

I just stopped taking BCP on September 10th, so I was really used to knowing exactly when it was going to come, and when it didn't I was very curious.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"