April 2011 Moms

GTKY :)

s/o shaindelr's post:

What do you do for a living?

What do you like best about your job?

What do you like least about your job?

If you could have any job right now what would it be?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: GTKY :)

• I am a PhD student in neuroscience. Specifically I am researching the effects of psychoactive drugs on the brain and behavior. (Yes, like cocaine) :)

I love teaching. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. 

I hate researching. haha. I work with animals and it is a stain on my soul. 

ETA: Dream job is a stay at home mom for a few years, then teaching a few classes at the community college or local college. 

• What do you do for a living? Admin Assistant in a church

What do you like best about your job? My benefits are great

What do you like least about your job? One of my bosses is hypercritial and super an@l

If you could have any job right now what would it be? When I was little I wanted to be a zoologist, I'd love to be taking care of animals at the zoo.

Wallace is a big brother!
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • s/o shaindelr's post:

What do you do for a living? I work for a large urban university on the graduate side. I deal with graduate programs/curriculum & recruitment.

What do you like best about your job? The energy on a college campus. Nothing beats it in my opinion. :)

What do you like least about your job? The paper-pushing parts of my job. Stuck at my desk for 8 hours a day.

If you could have any job right now, what would it be? I love group exercise & would much rather be teaching group ex classes than sitting at this desk. :)

• imageSwissMs99:
    s/o shaindelr's post:

What do you do for a living? I work for a large urban university on the graduate side. I deal with graduate programs/curriculum & recruitment.

What do you like best about your job? The energy on a college campus. Nothing beats it in my opinion. :)

What do you like least about your job? The paper-pushing parts of my job. Stuck at my desk for 8 hours a day.

If you could have any job right now, what would it be? I love group exercise & would much rather be teaching group ex classes than sitting at this desk. :)

I'd love an active job like that!

• lol on the spin off!

What do you do for a living? Paralegal

What do you like best about your job? It is pretty easy going and I am able to manage my work load and still find time to bump and facebook :)

What do you like least about your job? It gets monotonous and working with Attorneys can wear on your nerves.

If you could have any job right now what would it be? Photographer, I love love love taking pictures and have been told I have a natural talent, I would love to do this for people, to capture their most precious moments.

• What do you do for a living? I'm a Loan Officer in the financial aid department at a university.

What do you like best about your job? Peak season really only happens twice a year so other than that, it's not super stressful. Plus, it's the school I graduated from so I love still being on campus.

What do you like least about your job? It's not really that exciting. Hah, somedays I'm just really bored. Plus, ticked off students can really be annoying.

If you could have any job right now what would it be? I want to be a SAHM for a few years then get my teacher's certification and teach. I really want to teach Middle School English.

• What do you do for a living? Tech writer for a gov't contractor

What do you like best about your job? Flexible hours and easy going atmosphere.

What do you like least about your job? The waiting around for something to do. I spend lots of time waiting on people to get back to me.

If you could have any job right now what would it be?  Mattress tester - I am exhausted today!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageManiacMcGee:
    imageSwissMs99:
    s/o shaindelr's post:

I'd love an active job like that!

I have so much energy most of the day & I hate wasting it in front of a computer. Pre-pregnancy - I was working on getting certified in different group ex formats & looking at getting ACE or AFAA certified so I could either do that on the side...or eventually if H gave the go ahead to be a SAHM....I could still do something fun/adult time & make extra $$. I'm also a Beachbody Coach (they are the creators of P90X, Turbo Jam, etc), which gives a nice cushion so my plan is to mix the two eventually & have that pay for the kiddo extras/college fund. All that fun stuff.  ;)

Now that my preggo body hates cardio - I've had to put a hold on the trainings until post-baby...still thinking I can make the goal work starting next summer!

Ok, long response! SHEESH! Let me know if you ever want more info on the group ex stuff...I've done some research and have some friends that have recently finished some of the training. :)

• Good call!

What do you do for a living? Global Brand Marketing Manager / Part-titme MBA student starting in Jan.

What do you like best about your job? the actual marketing part and working with our global partners

What do you like least about your job? I'm in the legal industry

If you could have any job right now what would it be? Marketing for a winery or wine distributor...which is why I'm going back for my Wine MBA

• imageNYPeach:

Good call!

What do you do for a living? Global Brand Marketing Manager / Part-titme MBA student starting in Jan.

What do you like best about your job? the actual marketing part and working with our global partners

What do you like least about your job? I'm in the legal industry

If you could have any job right now what would it be? Marketing for a winery or wine distributor...which is why I'm going back for my Wine MBA

I got my wine MBA long ago : ) lol

• I'm a pastry chef, and working on starting my own business.  I'm going to start small and sell at farmers markets, possible getting an ice cream cart to sell ice cream sandwiches on the street.  

I love working in the kitchen, alone with my thoughts (or music and podcasts)!  I used to work in an office, and I felt chained to the computer.  I was even in a creative field (architecture) but I feel more creative decorating cookies.

Right now my least favorite part about my job is not having the discipline to move on the business.  I'm distracted by the baby, even though I quit my job and decided to start a business so that I can stay at home with the baby!

I'd love to have the cutest, most popular bakery in my town.  I have some strong competition, though! 

• What do you do for a living?I'm a grooming salon manager.What do you like best about your job?I LOVE being able to spend my day with dogs!  I also love being able to do fun haircuts.What do you like least about your job?I love the girls I work with, but being the boss in a room full of women is tough.  I really hate fleas.  They disgust me.  It amazes me how gross some people's pets are.If you could have any job right now what would it be?I really love my job.  I would like to own my OWN salon though, instead of working for a company.  In a bigger city too.  I love grooming the frou-frou dogs, and here every dog we see is just shaved down.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker _MG_0566-2 - Copy (2)
  •  What do you do for a living? Labor and Delivery/Postpartum RNWhat do you like best about your job? Helping bring babies into this world (or keeping them inside if its not time yet!)What do you like least about your job? losses, of course :/ If you could have any job right now what would it be? My job :D I love it, can't imagine doing anything else! 
  •  What do you do for a living? Teacher

What do you like best about your job? Teaching others a foreign language, laughing with the kids.

What do you like least about your job? Dealing with unprofessional "professionals." I hate the drama.

If you could have any job right now what would it be? I love my job, but I would love to stay at home with my baby for at least a year or two.

• What do you do for a living?

I'm a Communications Director for members of the House of Reps.

Politics!!!!

Politics!!!

On the most stressful days I want to be a florist or do something creative like that.

• imageSouthSideDrea:

I am a metallurgical engineer in a steel mill.  My job is to make steel more efficiently, better and cheaper. 

I'm from Hammond, IN.  Do you work at a mill in Indiana, or Illinois?  I had a friend who worked at LTV for an internship a long time ago.  And my dad works for Exxon, so I don't envy your environment!!!

•   What do you do for a living? I'm a health, safety & environmental manager for a agricultural seed company. What do you like best about your job? I like the fact that for the last 4 years people have been leaving work as good, if not better than when they came. What do you like least about your job? Reports and paperwork If you could have any job right now what would it be? I REALLY wanted to be a vet.,but I didn't get in to vet school.
  • What do you do for a living? I am a financial advisor for a boutique money-management firm.

What do you like best about your job? My clients and co-workers :)

What do you like least about your job? My looong commute.

If you could have any job right now what would it be? My exact same job, 10 minutes from my house.  Or maybe a travel writer...

• What do you do for a living?  I'm a patent lawyer.  I used to be a chemical engineer, so now I mostly work with chemical, biotech, and mechanical technologies.

What do you like best about your job? I love learning about all the new technologies/inventions that are out there and applying my engineering problemsolving to my patent cases.

What do you like least about your job? Having to bill my time in 6 minute increments.

If you could have any job right now what would it be?  I love what I do, so I would like to keep doing my job without the billable hour requirements:)

Guest Services agent at a resort. Basically front desk, checking people in and out and making sure they're happy.

It's fairly low stress.. except in the middle of summer. In the winter we have mostly older people from Northern BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba staying long term and they're super easy to deal with and basically treat me like one of their grandkids lol. I'm so excited for them to come back this winter!

Dealing with high maintenance guests who think nothing of treating you like crap because you're a lowly check in girl. I'm so glad I'll still be on mat leave next summer lol!

I've always wanted to do event planning but I think it would be hard to get going in my town because there are so many already. Moving isn't an option at this point because I really want my kids to grow up here. DF is hoping to get into a nursing program so ideally what I hope happens once he's finished school is that he'll be able to make enough that I'll just have to work part time so we don't have to ship our kids off to a babysitter on a constant basis. I do want to work though. I'm not the total stay at home mom type lol. 

• What do you do for a living? I'm a medicinal chemist (trained in organic chemistry) working in drug discovery.

What do you like best about your job?  Well, when I'm not PG, I love coming up with ideas, making new compounds in the lab, and seeing my ideas get tested (especially when my ideas work!)

What do you like least about your job?  Right now I am absolutely miserable sitting at my desk working on patents all day.  I feel like this PG is crawling along because I'm so bored everyday.  When I am in the lab, research can be stressful.

If you could have any job right now what would it be?  My job is not too bad, but if money wasn't a factor, I would probably work at an animal shelter or cat rescue.  I always said if I won the lottery, I would open a cat rescue and hire an employee to help manage it.

Lilypie - (7gcp)

Lilypie - (S3If)

• What do you do for a living?  I'm a stay at home mom.

What do you like best about your job? I love being there for every during and after school activity for my daughter and watching my son grow up.

What do you like least about your job? No sick days or days off..  Lol...

If you could have any job right now what would it be?  I love what I do, and wouldn't change it for anything... If I had to choose something I would love to own my Cupcake Shop.. I love making cupcakes and decorating them..  I have been making cupcake cakes for the kids bdays..

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imageblondie10m:
    What do you do for a living? I'm a medicinal chemist (trained in organic chemistry) working in drug discovery.

What do you like best about your job?  Well, when I'm not PG, I love coming up with ideas, making new compounds in the lab, and seeing my ideas get tested (especially when my ideas work!)

What do you like least about your job?  Right now I am absolutely miserable sitting at my desk working on patents all day.  I feel like this PG is crawling along because I'm so bored everyday.  When I am in the lab, research can be stressful.

If you could have any job right now what would it be?  My job is not too bad, but if money wasn't a factor, I would probably work at an animal shelter or cat rescue.  I always said if I won the lottery, I would open a cat rescue and hire an employee to help manage it.

I freakin' pink puffy heart cats & want to adopt all of them. lol

• imagekestock120:
    What do you do for a living? Tech writer for a gov't contractor

What do you like best about your job? Flexible hours and easy going atmosphere.

What do you like least about your job? The waiting around for something to do. I spend lots of time waiting on people to get back to me.

If you could have any job right now what would it be?  Mattress tester - I am exhausted today!

That is a job that I would love to have!!

What do you do for a living? I am a full-time student (graduating in Decemeber with a B.A. in English - Technical Writing) and an admin assistant for a corporate real estate giant..

What do you like best about your job? Low stress

What do you like least about your job? Researching properties in Mississippi

If you could have any job right now what would it be? A technical writing job!

• What do you do for a living? Marketing, Fundraising and Special Events for a cultural attraction.

What do you like best about your job? I get to do a lot of different things, so it is never boring.

What do you like least about your job? I am overworked and under-appreciated.

If you could have any job right now what would it be? SAHM

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • What do you do for a living?  I am the only employee of a small town Chamber of Commerce/full time student

What do you like best about your job?  The people.  My members are wonderful.  I think the entire town knows I'm pregnant and I've never been so babied in my life.  I can't even carry out my own groceries at the store any more.

What do you like least about your job?  The politics. 

If you could have any job right now what would it be?  I have always wanted my own bakery/restaurant.  I cook for competitions and for some of the local charity fundraiser.  Usually around the holiday's I do custom baking but I don't know if I will have the energy this year!

I'm a hair stylist.

Being self employed, which means no boss, no set hours, and time off whenever I want. Making people feel good about themselves, and getting to be creative in my career.

Standing on my feet 6-8 hours a day. Especially now. 

I would love to be able to stay home and do something from home for income. There are so many wonderful creative outlets and opportunities for women like Etsy, now. I have done a few craft/art shows and plan on making this dream come true sometime in the next year. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

•  What do you do for a living? RN in a Childbirth Center

What do you like best about your job? Seeing babies be born everyday, holding babies, babies, babies, babies

What do you like least about your job? paperwork. I wish I could just play with new moms and babies and not have to chart

If you could have any job right now what would it be? I am a big fan of mine

Hannah born 4/5/11
    TTC #2 since 1/14
    Miscarriage d/t blighted ovum 8/14
  •  What do you do for a living?

I create itineraries for a student group travel company

Being in control of my own stuff and generally left alone

My catty coworkers. I have one that seriously is gleeful about my pregnancy weight gain. She has been telling me for years how she used to be skinny until she had kids and I will be the same way. She has already been making comments about me getting bigger and how huge I'll be and how the weight will just stay on. I seriously don't even have a real bump yet she is just way too excited at the prospect.

I know it is cheesy but I'd love to write romance novels. I have a journalism degree and depending upon the novel some of those would be pretty simple to write. Then I could stay at home with the baby and just write when I have time/energy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    The bumpie formerly known as First Time in MI
  • What do you do for a living? Middle school English teacher

What do you like best about your job? The actual "teaching" part and connecting with my students. That probably sounds funny to some, but I spend a lot of my time doing things other than actually teaching, and I don't enjoy those things so much.

What do you like least about your job? Politics, standardized testing, smart-mouthed teenagers. Wink

If you could have any job right now what would it be? I like my job a lot, but I can imagine being a school librarian and running literacy programs, book fairs, contests etc.. It sounds so much more fun to me than my school librarian would probably say it is lol.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• imagekarbarr:

What do you do for a living? Teacher

What do you like least about your job? Dealing with unprofessional "professionals." I hate the drama.

Ohhh yes. Definitely this, too.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• What do you do for a living?  I am a camp director at a non profit year round camp and outdoor center.

What do you like best about your job? Besides just being outdoors a lot and getting to see kids grow in independence and learn how to form relationships---  I like my boss, most of my coworkers, No commute ( I have free housing on site) I like my staff. I like that I get to live on 428 acres and that someone else mows my grass and cook most of my meals for me.

What do you like least about your job?  Policies that are designed from the fear of lawsuits, ridiculous requests in the middle of the night from guests, Crazy Parents!! Late nights/ long hours  Learning how to balance this crazy lifestyle with a fiance and a baby on the way! Almost all of my meals are with 300+ kids or families!!

If you could have any job right now what would it be?  It would be the job I have right now ESPECIALLY if I could have someone who cleaned for me!!

•  What do you do for a living? Teacher

What do you like best about your job? The kids

What do you like least about your job? All the paperwork

If you could have any job right now what would it be? Stay at home Mom is looking pretty good right now :)

• I actually have two jobs right now, I work part-time at a daycare in the infant room, and last summer I started my own wedding planning business as a side thing. Once the baby comes, I'll quit the daycare and just keep doing weddings whenever I have one.

I love working with kids, that's what I went to school for (Child and Youth Services), but I hope that having my own will fill my need in that area and I won't miss it too much. As for the weddings- I LOVE being in charge and being an organizational queen. ;)

At the daycare, the germs. No matter how much we clean, someone's always sick and wiping boogers on your sleeve.

I'm really excited to be a stay-at-home mom, and to grow my wedding business to be a work-at-home mom as well.

imageimage
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
    missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
    BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

• imageFirst Time in MI:

I create itineraries for a student group travel company

Being in control of my own stuff and generally left alone

My catty coworkers. I have one that seriously is gleeful about my pregnancy weight gain. She has been telling me for years how she used to be skinny until she had kids and I will be the same way. She has already been making comments about me getting bigger and how huge I'll be and how the weight will just stay on. I seriously don't even have a real bump yet she is just way too excited at the prospect.

I know it is cheesy but I'd love to write romance novels. I have a journalism degree and depending upon the novel some of those would be pretty simple to write. Then I could stay at home with the baby and just write when I have time/energy.

I've always wanted to write cheesy mystery novels!  LOL!

• What do you do for a living? I am a 3rd graded teacher.

What do you like best about your job? Right now?  Nothing.  If you asked me last year, I would tell you everything!

What do you like least about your job? Everything.  I was moved schools within my district and while I am happy I have a job, I hate the school that I am at.  People don't even talk to you in the hall, our principal has something to prove and in the process, she is taking all of us down.  Morale is really bad at the moment.

If you could have any job right now what would it be? A SAHM!!!

• What do you do for a living?  SAHM/massage therapist with a part-time private practice

What do you like best about your job?  My kids are awesomesauce, and I have a wicked passion for taking care of people and making them feel better.

What do you like least about your job?  Being around my kids 24-7 - sometimes I just want a break to be alone!

If you could have any job right now what would it be?  SAHM/professional student

imageimageimage
  • What do you do for a living? I'm the clinic director in a low cost spay neuter clinic & shelter/rescue (non profit) for animals What do you like best about your job?  I gets to work with animals all day!!What do you like least about your job?  Bad animal ownersIf you could have any job right now what would it be?  I have FINALLY the job that I have always wanted!
  •  What do you do for a living? Librarian

What do you like best about your job? I love books!

What do you like least about your job? That I work in a private for-profit college. It's all about the $$$...

If you could have any job right now what would it be? SAHM in April. Sadly it will never happen. :(

photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • What do you do for a living?  I am the Director of Conference Services and Catering for a 4 diamond Resort & Club... Basically I plan events for a living!

What do you like best about your job? Seeing the end results of my work.  The function coming together, and my flexable schedule... sometimes.

What do you like least about your job? The long hours in season.

If you could have any job right now what would it be? I think it is the job I am doing.  I love it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"