1st Trimester

spotting...

So Ladies I need someone who may have dealt with this to give me straight forward answers. I started spotting last night light pink cm. Went to the er supposedly almost 5 weeks and haven't seen an ob yet. The er doc told me I was off on my date and would only be 3 to 4 weeks along. Also said I could be miscarrying or eptopic. Nothing could be ruled out. They did an u/s but never told me if there was a sac or not only that they did not see the sac anywhere else so they didn't think it was eptopic but weren't for sure..... My HCG was 749. Is that number good bad?? I am at a loss and very very sad. I don't knw wether to accept theres no little bean or he's jus so small that he isn't visable yet. Can someone please give me some advice.....

Thanks

Re: spotting...

• The number is fairly low and could just mean early in the pregnancy.  It is more important to see if the HCG increases as it should in the next 2 days.  US doesn't normally see a gestational sac before 5 weeks.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree--I think you're earlier than you thought. The nurse at my drs office said that 6 weeks is usually the magic number to see anything on the u/s. Maybe you can go back in a day or so to see if your numbers are doubling? I would contact an OB tomorrow.

As for the spotting, everyone's different. I've miscarried twice and both times started out with dark brown blood then turning dark, bright red...never pink.

I know the waiting is horrible but first thing I'd do is contact an ob tomorrow and get your levels checked.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Yea I am going to call first thing in the morning. I hope the numbers are doubling... Today the spotting is brown and going away. I am jus a nutcase. It is so frustrating having to jus sit and wonder. But Thank You ladies for the input it is greatly appreciated.
  • I'm with you, I'm 7 weeks along, and just started the famous spotting a few hours ago, I'm so worried, and so axious, my first OB apointment is gonna be on friday. say that I have a friend who is a OB who told me its normal, because I was running to the ER. she said that unless is painful and heavy bleeding like a period kind of bleeding I should not worry, but anyways I'm scared. I can't wait for Friday...
    My Angel went back to the Arms of God at 8w2d on Oct. 23rd 2010... Got Positive PT on Oct 12 2012! Doing my Best to make it work this 2nd chance I was Given. Thx God!! BabyFetus Ticker
    Gian Maria was born at 38 weeks on June 2nd,
    Makes my dreams come true everyday!

• GL to you sweetie!! I knw waiting is horrible. Praying for you and your little bean.
  • thx Rachel, I hope & pray your pregnancy goes smoothly and you can have your precious baby safely :)
    My Angel went back to the Arms of God at 8w2d on Oct. 23rd 2010... Got Positive PT on Oct 12 2012! Doing my Best to make it work this 2nd chance I was Given. Thx God!! BabyFetus Ticker
    Gian Maria was born at 38 weeks on June 2nd,
    Makes my dreams come true everyday!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"