Colorado Babies

VBAC Friendly Docs in Denver area

Hello - As I get closer to my delivery, I'm concerned that the doctor I've been seeing for my pregnancy is going to be conservative when it comes to my VBAC delivery. 

I have met with a few midwives, but my insurance does not cover many and some of them will not do a VBAC. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a VBAC friendly doctor in Denver?

Thanks!

Re: VBAC Friendly Docs in Denver area

• Im not sure where you live, but I know Boulder Community Hospital does VBAC and the midwife group Boulder Nurse Midwives works with an OBGYN and is covered by insurance. Hope this helps! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What doctors have you talked with? I think you may have to go through a hosiptal to get the doctor you want. I know that Rose and St. Joesph's are really big on VBAC's so you might want to give them a try.
  • Loading the player...
  • Not sure exactly where you are, but The Center for Midwifery at the Universtiy of Colorado Hospital is VBAC-friendly. They actually seem to encourage VBAC deliveries, and have a ton of insurane carriers they accept. I'm going there and they are awesome! https://www.uch.edu/conditions/pregnancy/midwifery/index.aspx
  • Dr. Donal Aptekar with Partners in Women's Health.  He works at Rose and also has an office in Centennial.  Wonderful doctor and has been in practice for many year.  My mom delivered VBAC with him 10 years ago with no problems at all. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"