Toddlers: 24 Months+

Convertible crib/Munire Essex Crib

We purchased a Munie Essex crib when I was pregnant with DD. It's time to take off the front wall, and make it into a toddler bed.

We weren't given the toddler conversion kit from Munire when we ordered it. (We had to wait close to 9 months for it. When the crib finally came in, DD was already born, and colicky. We just assumed both the full size and toddler size conversion kits were in the box. I know - we should have checked. I guess sleep deprivvation does that!)

I am trying to decide on ordering the kit from babyearth for around $100 or purchasing a metal rail from Target for around $30.

I know it seems logical to do the cheaper one, but how long do those last? Has anyone ever used the ones from target?

If you have any other convertible crib, where did you get the toddler rail at?

Re: Convertible crib/Munire Essex Crib

• You might check online at various sites, like A Step Ahead (I think that's the name).  They have mesh one's as well.  Don't feel bad about not checking for the conversion kit either, it's not included.  We purchased this crib and had to buy the conversion kit.  :-)
  • We just did this for our son, and bought this - https://www.amazon.com/KidCo-BR100-Kidco-Convertible-Crib/dp/B0013VFZG4 

It's the Kidco bed rail for convertible cribs.  Works great, looks very nice, and I got it for $55 at Babies R Us.  

I'd definitely recommend it.  Good luck! 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We have almost the same crib, Munire Emma. It did not come with a side-rail. We took off the front wall and DS rolled off a couple of times. I folded 3 or 4 old towels and put them under the mattress closest to the open wall. It creates just enough tilt with the mattress so that DS didn't roll out as easily. On the other hand, it's not very noticeable so he doesn't pull them out. 

At this point, I think he somehow figured it out. He sleeps all over the bed and has not fallen out in a long time. HTH!

Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerv
  • Redfish... it looks like our little guys are almost the same age? What day is your son's birthday? My son's bday is July 24. :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerv
  • imagellamakins:
    Redfish... it looks like our little guys are almost the same age? What day is your son's birthday? My son's bday is July 24. :)

His is July 31! 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"