2nd Trimester

f/u to the dog post

I talked with the vet, and she referred me to a Veterinary Behaviorist. I would like to think that this will help.

Thank you for all the comments, the nice ones and the not so nice ones. I am a big girl, I can take it. 

Long story short, when I hear a dog bite, and then my kid screaming in pain with her hands over her face. I panic. You would do the same. I hope that we can keep the dog, and I am going to try to get the issue fixed. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: f/u to the dog post

• That's great!  I really hope that everything works out!  And YES, I would would have a MAJOR PANIC ATTACK if this happened to my LO!!!
    Gunnar is my IVF miracle...after 4 years of TTC...Two cycles of IVF...Our little dude blessed us with his birth...I thank God everyday for him. Lilypie First Birthday tickers PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • good luck i hope everything works out

• Loading the player...
  • i never commented in the first post.  and i certainly can understand your freak out.  that would have scared the heck out of me. 

i'm glad to see you are at least trying a behavioralist.  but (and i do mean this in a non-snarky, very constructive way), training a dog takes a LOT of work.  and it has to be work you are committed to.  you've said that your dog has already given warnings to DD.  you have to be a hawk with them.  they shouldn't be left unsupervised.  i have a toddler and a 65lb dog so i understand the challenges.  if you don't think this is for you, another home probably is the best option for your dog.  it's only fair for your family, your child and your dog to admit if you aren't willing or able to take on the task at this time.

best of luck with everything! 

DS - June 2009
    DD - February 2011
  • That great news Reese!  I pray that all works out well and that your family can stay complete!  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagealli&pat:

i never commented in the first post.  and i certainly can understand your freak out.  that would have scared the heck out of me. 

i'm glad to see you are at least trying a behavioralist.  but (and i do mean this in a non-snarky, very constructive way), training a dog takes a LOT of work.  and it has to be work you are committed to.  you've said that your dog has already given warnings to DD.  you have to be a hawk with them.  they shouldn't be left unsupervised.  i have a toddler and a 65lb dog so i understand the challenges.  if you don't think this is for you, another home probably is the best option for your dog.  it's only fair for your family, your child and your dog to admit if you aren't willing or able to take on the task at this time.

best of luck with everything! 

I do agree. I will see what the behaviorist says, and we will go from there. I really would like to make it work out. 

• Good luck! I hope that the behaviorist can help and that you are able to keep your dog!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Good for you - these are definitely positive steps for you and LO and puppy.  Good luck, honey!!
  • that's great news but from what you described, it wasn't a bite, it was a nip. HUGE difference. bites draw blood, break skin, etc. do explain that to the behaviorist so they don't think the worst! please let us know how it works out. good luck
  • such a hard decision, but I'd do the same.  I had a friend who had to give away her Yorkie b/c he was being overly agressive around the baby.

BTW, I heard that you're going to visit PH and little Hannie!  Hope you have fun!!

• Awesome! That sounds like a great step
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

• That is awesome!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker _MG_0566-2 - Copy (2)
  • I'm glad to read this. Really, I don't know you from a hole in the wall, and I wasn't trying to be a so b!tchy. But I volunteer in rescue, and the number of animals surrendered because of totally fixable issues is horrendous. It makes me sick.

I do wish you the best of luck. I strongly believe that if you put in the effort and stay committed to working on improving your dogs behavior, you'll be happy you did.

• I missed the initial story but I hope everyone is ok and glad to hear you are trying to find help. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"