Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Acne after m/c? Just another ugly reminder :-(

As if the bruised arm where they have continued to take blood isn't enough of a visible physical reminder (to the outside world), my face is being taken over by acne... This isn't typical for me, so it's just stressing me out even more... Anyone else have this problem?

(Edit to Add:  Just saw that a post below me talked about this within the post... Sorry about that!)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Married 7/11/09 TTC #1 Since 05/10
BFP #1 09/20/10 Natural m/c 10/05/10
BFP! #2 04/21/11... Beta 16 DPO: 437, 18 DPO:1446 Ultrasound 6w6d TWINS!
Annabel & Sophia Born 11/28/11 at 34w6d
BFP #3 10/4/16... Beta 13 DPO: 145, 15 DPO: 367 12/1/16 It's a GIRL!

Re: Acne after m/c? Just another ugly reminder :-(

• Yes. My entire chin is a disaster and so painful. I wasn't sure if it was the MC that had caused it... :( 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • My face is just now clearing up 5 weeks after m/c :( 
  • Loading the player...
  • What really sucks about it, is that right now I don't even want to go out and talk to people or be social, and having all of these zits on my face only intensifies that feeling of wanting to be alienated. 

OP - I'm not sure what type of acne you are having, but if it is the type that is cystic and really painful, I have found an aspirin mask to be soothing for the inflammation.

4-5 tables aspirin, crushed to powder

a little warm honey

a few drops jojoba oil

Mix together to form a paste, and apply on affected area for no longer than 10 minutes.

I also find that making sure to keep my face moisturized helps, when it's too dry it breaks out even more. I really like jojoba oil for that.

GL to you -- to all of us!  

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Yeah, my face is a mess.  I know how you feel- just one more reminder.  I'm also spotting brown still and I POAS this morning and it was +.  Frick.

Hopefully your acne clears very soon.  It's prob just the hormones getting all crazy.

BFP#1: 7/23/10, EDD 4/1/11, MC/DNC 9/29/10(14wks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#2: 1/12/11 CP (6 Weeks)
    BFP#3: 6/26/11, EDD 3/4/12, Natural MC 8/5/11 (10wks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Yes, I had and actually still dealing with it.  I have an appointment to see a Dermatologist in a couple of weeks.
    My Blog
    We love and miss you Jillian (18w) and Peanut (6w). Welcome to our TAC miracle Jacob!
  • Yep! No fun...now I am flabby and pimpled out with no baby to show for it. This sucks!
    BFP 08/18/10 saw hb at 6 weeks, missed m/c at 10w2d, D&C 10/01/10 Please God help us get our forever baby!
  • I've been dealing with it too. Mine hasn't been cystic though (except for one on my cheek), it's been tiny little bumps on my chin and forehead (where I have never broken out before).  When I was pregnant, my skin was amazing like never before! Sad
  • Well, given all these replies, there must be some correlation between the m/s and the acne.  Mine are the big, cystic pimples on my chin like I've never had before.  I have a follow up appointment today, so I might ask the dr. if there is anything I can do...thank you for the recipe for the aspirin mask--I will definitely be trying that!

G/L to you all...Hopefully it goes away for all of us very soon.

Married 7/11/09 TTC #1 Since 05/10
    BFP #1 09/20/10 Natural m/c 10/05/10
    BFP! #2 04/21/11... Beta 16 DPO: 437, 18 DPO:1446 Ultrasound 6w6d TWINS!
    Annabel & Sophia Born 11/28/11 at 34w6d
    BFP #3 10/4/16... Beta 13 DPO: 145, 15 DPO: 367 12/1/16 It's a GIRL!

• OMG, I can totally relate. I have bad skin to begin with, and this past cycle after my m/c my skin is brutal.   Steaming it the other night over a bowl of hot water helped a little.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So weird to read this post today, because my acne has been awful since my m/c.  I was just wondering this morning if it was because of my hormones being so out of control.  After reading all these posts, I am thinking it is...and def ready for it to go away!
    Jackson Allen ? 10.1.11 ?
    {Raising Jack}
  • Yes, I also have a face covered in acne.  It seems like each morning I wake up with another.  I went out and bought some new make-up yesterday as an attempt to make myself feel better.  I spoiled myself and bought some really nice foundation and bronzer. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Ugh, yes. I've got both cystic painful acne on my chin and tiny little bumps all over my chin and forehead. It's so aggravating.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"