Babies: 6 - 9 Months

S/O Mac and cheese

Does anyone have a good recipe for homemade mac and cheese. We love it but can find a recipe that when made is creamy.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: S/O Mac and cheese

• On food network the Neely's Mac and Cheese is SOOOOOO Good and so is Paula Deen's Recipe!
  • Good question!  The recipes I've tried are too cheddar-y and end up being kind of oily instead of creamy.  Blech!  I love the mac n cheese from Cracker Barrel!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesusanlovestexas:
    Good question!  The recipes I've tried are too cheddar-y and end up being kind of oily instead of creamy.  Blech!  I love the mac n cheese from Cracker Barrel!!

Yeah the oily thing is my problem too!

• Try this one: Deceptively Delicious.  It's my new favorite.  Delicious.  Hella creamy.  AND it's got hidden veggies.  Win on all counts!

Piper, 4/10/10
    Connor, 3/16/15
    Morgan, EDD 9/22/16

• Paula Deans Crop pot mac and cheese is creamy. Really Creamy

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/creamy-macaroni-and-cheese-recipe/index.html

If you don't want to use a crock pot or want it really creamy here is my recipe. It's my staple and a lot of people ask me to make it.

Shredded Cheddar cheese

Velveeta cheese

can of chicken broth

and elbow macaroni

Cook the elbows. then layer it in an oven safe pan. roni, cheddar cheese, velveeta and then do this again. Don't be shy with the cheese. After all is layered then take the chicken broth and poor it all over. Ge the corners so it seeps down.

Then bake it on 325 until the cheese is all melted. I tend to throw more cheese in as it's baking. Serve and eat.

• I just use macaroni and velveeta cheese. I add milk to make it a little creamy, but I don't like mine too creamy.

HTH!

• Thank you so much! I can't wait to try a few of them out... Dh will be so excited!
  • imageelissa808:
    On food network the Neely's Mac and Cheese is SOOOOOO Good and so is Paula Deen's Recipe!

I  use the Paula Dean's Crockpot Mac and Cheese, and it is great.  I add some green chilis and thick sliced pepper bacon for added flavor.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"