3rd Trimester

Had my baby! 36 week Induction Birth Story

Hello ladies,

Wanted to share my birth story since it was really positive, especially because I was induced due to Pre-eclampsia. Last Wednesday I went to my 36 week check up and my BP was 160/90. The Doc sent me to the hospital, they ran tests and decided to induce. At 5pm they inserted Cervadil and checked back 12 hours later. I was only 1cm so that sucked. Around 9am they began Pitocin. I got my epidural around 10:30 and it worked great (last time it failed miserably). I progressed very slow - barely a 1/2cm an hour so they broke my water around 4pm and at 8pm I was barely 5cm. The epidural started to fail on my left side so the nurse had me lie on that side to see if we could get it dispersed better but almost as soon as I did I felt pain in my crotch too and realized it might be pressure. The nurse checked at 8:30 and I was 9cm, a few minutes later I was 10cm and the babies head was as low as could be. She had me do one practice push and then told me to stop so she could get the doctor. 20 minutes of pushing and McKenna Mae was born. Though technically premature, shes a perfectly healthy 5 lb 11oz girl 18" long and man does she have some lungs on her!!!

Overall the induction was not traumatic nor painful and the worst part was merely that it took so long and we were very bored and eager while waiting.  

Re: Had my baby! 36 week Induction Birth Story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"