Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Is your baby babbling?

Is your 6/7mo babbling with consonants? My LO will by 7mo this weekend, and while she has used consonants here and there (goo, bo, etc.), it's still rare. Lots of squeals and vowels, and laughs, but that's mostly it.

At this age my first kid was saying Dada, Baba, etc. sounds. She's 2 and is an exceptional speaker, so I don't expect my baby to necessarily be advanced like DD#1 is, but is she slow??

What are your 6/7mos doing in terms of vocalizing?

Re: Is your baby babbling?

• DS just got obsessed with babbling, maybe for the past week. he stops when a camera is on him or if someone is watching him. He loves to babble when we go on walks
  • Cody laughs nonstop (literally. if you look at him he will laugh), clicks his tongue, blows bubbles and shrieks. No words or babbling yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD just started babbling consonants recently, like in the last two weeks.

It is not a concern if your child doesn't babble until they hit about 8 months old. My DS didn't babble at all until he was 9.5 months old and he turned out to be a late talker. However, he is completely caught up now, so looking back, it wasn't that big of a deal that he babbled late.

• imagekellybellybean:

My DD is older, but she has been babbling for a while (Bs, Ms, and Ds mainly).  But this is a GREAT article about babbling - check it out!  (Sorry no click)

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/12/health/12klass.html

I know. I read this two days ago and am now freaked out that my baby isn't on track.

• Crap.  I just read that article and now I'm freaked out too.

• imageroxstarrgirl:
    Oh, mine is babbling alright... at the top of his lungs.

Mine too.  Sometimes he is telling us the most serious stories too.  It is hilarious!  

But, OP - all babies develop at different rates!  Don't fret! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • I am a speech therapist and my DS isn't making consonants yet either.  I find that boys develop sounds/language slower bc often they are concentrating on gross motor development.  I wouldn't worry Smile

When LO  is just saying--ahhh I try and add a consonant  MaMaMa Stick out tongueand have him feel my mouth and lips.  He just thinks I am ridiculous and I probably am!

• Abe has been babbling for a while.  Ms and Bs and Ds mostly.  For the past couple days now he's been whispering "puh."  It's hilarious.

Abraham Arthur 2/21/10 // Asher Kendall 11/11/11

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Since 6 wks. As for concents Not sure yet. DD normally babbles at daddy when he gets home from work. Either she is talking abou the day or tattling on me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"