Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Would you really be OK with leaving LO for over 10 days?

This is related to my earlier post about going to Israel and I am just wondering in all honesty because now I kind of feel like a super sap based on the responses! I don't think I am the kind of person whose life revolves around LO but I would be so sad to leave him for that long (and it would actually probably be closer to 14 days). Am I a $ucker or what?

btw - I have a doctor's appt but will be back later to check responses/ respond!

no

Re: Would you really be OK with leaving LO for over 10 days?

• The longest I've been away is 2 days.

DH is taking him on a trip next month, for 7 days, and I am freaking out. But my life DOES revolve around LO. hahha?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For me, I can;t even think of leaving for one night... but I am a freak like that. 10-14 days does seem long. But in your case, or if I had to go for work... we gotta do what we gotta do! My sister had done it, and my nice was 3 months old
  • Loading the player...
  • Of course I would.  I had a baby but that doesn't mean I put the rest of me on hold until he is 18. 

In your case especially, I really think you should go. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just turned down a freelance job in Orlando for 6 days. I would have made close to $2,000 for 6 days of work. I didn't even think about it. No was my immediate response. I've yet to spend a single night away from DS. I envy those who can do it without insane anxiety. I just couldn't do it... I once missed him in the morning before work because he was still sleeping and then almost missed him before bed because of a car appt. that took too long. I cried so hard that they finished my car in like 30 minutes. I made it home just in time. I have a problem... clearly.
  • Honestly, I wouldn't go because I think it's hard on LOs to be away from mommy that long. However, if you decided that it's best for you and your family for you to go, then don't make yourself sick with guilt.
  • I just turned down a freelance job in Orlando for 6 days. I would have made close to $2,000 for 6 days of work.

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....I would have been all over that.

• I still think you should go. 

• I haven't even left LO overnight yet.  DH and I have gone to sporting events and such without LO, but it was probably 12 hours at the most that we were gone at one time.  It would be really hard for me to leave for that long.  That is totally a personal call on that one.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The longest I've been away is for 10 hours. At this point I'm not sure I would even want to be away overnight (mostly because I'd rather nurse than pump)

10-14 days would be a very long time, Bfing or not I don't think I could handle it

~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• I don't think I could. Where ever my parents went I went when it was longer than a few hrs. This is what I've stuck to even though DH is totally fine with leaving LO for a weekend.
  • Personally I wouldn?t if it was a trip for pleasure, at least not now.  When DS is a little older yes, but as an infant I wouldn?t.

But if it?s due to work, then like another poster said you have to do, what you have to do.  I would speak up to see if there are other alternatives, like making it a shorter trip, etc, and explain my circumstances.

• I'm too lazy to look back to your previous post aobut the situation, but if it were me there would be no way I would be able to leave DD for that long.  We are leaving her with my mother for 2 nights this weekend...my first time away from her and I have had such anxiety over it all week!  I couldn't imagine 10 days!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I travel for work too...I would go.  I have a trip coming up next week for 4 days, then I am home for a week and a half then on the road for 8.  Yes, it is hard to be away, but DH also travels for work.  You have to make it work for your situation, but I say go!
  • I think I was born without the gene that causes separation guilt.  That said, I have yet to be away from even DS for that long - the longest I've been away I think is 4, maybe 5 nights?  But I think I could do longer and I will this spring when I travel OOT for a friend's wedding (DH will be staying home).

It was harder leaving DS at first - he was 7.5 months old the first time we spent a night away.  DD was only 3 months old the first time we spent a night away.

I can't relate to feeling so guilty and anxious about being away from my kids for a night (and that is what makes me feel guilty!  lol).  I find nights away, with or without my DH, refreshing and rejuvenating.  It is nice to have time where I can just be me, not mommy, and when it's with my DH, all the better.  It's important to me and good for us that we get away from them every once in a while!

I'm not saying that I don't miss them when we're apart, because I do.  I went to a wedding OOT for 3 nights when DD was 5 months old and I was really anxious before I left.  But I had so much fun while I was gone.  And I called home at least once a day and DH was really great about sending me pics via our phones.

• Thanks everyone. I need to make my decision and stop being so wishy washy. Thanks for your opinions!
    no
  • Yes, I would really be OK with it; I left LO when he was 5mo for 8 days, and I missed him, and enjoyed seeing him again, and it was fine.  That's me, you don't have to feel the same way.
    If being a math nerd is wrong, I don't wanna be right!
  • imagemonitovar:

Personally I wouldn?t if it was a trip for pleasure, at least not now.  When DS is a little older yes, but as an infant I wouldn?t.

But if it?s due to work, then like another poster said you have to do, what you have to do.  I would speak up to see if there are other alternatives, like making it a shorter trip, etc, and explain my circumstances.

This is kinda what I think too. 10- 14 days would be hard!

DH and I actually just left from a Thurs- Sunday for a destination wedding. We were really busy the whole time with rehearsal dinner, the wedding, etc... so I didn't have time to sit, think, and miss DS- but I was soooooo ready to get back home- Saturday night was like Christmas eve! haha! I was so excited to get up Sunday morning and fly home.

I think that is the 1st time I have ever been excited for a vacation to be over- LOL!

• There is no way I could do it right now.  I would have a very hard time. I don't like to miss bed time even, but I have done it.  Obviously you could go if you had to, but it isn't life or death. 

Is this something you could pursue later?  Maybe when you could take the entire family? Isreal is beautiful, and a place I think everyone should get a chance to visit at least once in their lives.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"