3rd Trimester

What's your stranger comment of the day?

Mine was:

"When are you due?"

"November 18th."

::Looks down on my belly::

"Oh, you'll never make it to November."

I think maybe she was trying to say that I am huge?

Re: What's your stranger comment of the day?

• A nurse in L&D last night was watching my blood pressure every 5 mins and said "you're a freak"

THANKS ALOT BIITCH! geez

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Ah, the joys of people and their broken filters.

It's been the total opposite for me which I find odd because I think I look decently big. People's jaws drop when I said I'm due November 26th. They always say "No way! You are way too small!" I'd rather hear that than I'm HUGE though.

I do have one male friend who think he's being funny when he calls me huge or fatass. I'm a pregnant woman.....I still have feelings.

• Loading the player...
  • The lady checking me out at the grocery store asked when I was due, I said 2 days ago, and then she asked me "are you sure you're not in labor"...um, yea...pretty sure. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yesterday, a stranger on the street turned to me and said "You're having a boy".  So I said "Oh, no, it's a girl actually" and he responded "No.  It's definitely a boy".  I didn't have the heart to tell him we'd seen her bits and pieces on the ultrasound, so I just said "OK".
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • None so far today, but yesterday I got a full on 2 hand belly rub from a patient at work. Total stranger. I flew backwards and said WHOA!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Waiting in line:

Random Weird Lady: "You're pregnant!"

Me: "Yep"

Randon Weird Lady: "It's a boy, you don't have long left do you?"

Me: "It is a boy, not too long"

Random Weird Lady: (shouting) "You're naming him Logan?!, Hunter?!, Jackson!?"

Me: ::stares in disbelief:: (why is she trying to guess the name of my child??) "Actually we have yet to decide on a name".

Random Weird Lady: "I'm sorry, I'm being really invasive aren't I?"

At least she realized she was being really effing weird Indifferent

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sales woman at a non maternity store: are you sure you can fit your big belly into anything here?

me: ehm.. no, in fact I'm getting a cache-coeur!

sales w: if is like that then it's ok

she was probably right but wasn't nice at all! she was lucky I'd just had a massage and was all relaxed or her head would had been chewed off!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Got the wonderful "Oh my gosh your huge, are you sure it's not twins?!" for the first time last week, I have heard of these comments happening to others but was in utter shock to actually hear someone say this to me. And yes I am carrying large but still have some sense people....
  • Last night I went to the mall and Target looking for new maternity clothes.

Target worker: There must be something in the water, every woman who walks by is pregnant.  I know I'm not drinking any of the water around here.

Me: Maybe you should tell someone in management how many pregnant women shop here so you can get a decent maternity section.

I know I was a biitch, but I was tired, sore and thirsty by that time and I went home without buying anything.

• I waddled into a farm stand yesterday and an employee exclaimed "don't scare me like that!"

• After running to catch the bus:

Bus driver: "Hey Mama! Don't overdo it, just flag me down next time and I'll stop!"

Me: ::laughs::

...and then rage takes over when none of the young college students on board stand up to offer me their seat. A big pregnancy pet peeve... 

• Hospital parking garage day pass guy: (accent) You going to deliver tonight? You ready to go anytime now?

Me: No I have 4 weeks till I have a scheduled csection..I'm only 34 weeks.

Hospital parking garage day pass guy: (accent) Noo, no, no! I give you..two week. Maybe tonight. Maybe you should buy a 3 day pass..

Husband: No, we don't need that just here to drop off paperwork.

Hospital parking garage day pass guy: (accent) offer stands, I see this all the time. Good night!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"