Washington Babies

developing a nap time

lo just turned 3 mo. He's been sttn for 2 weeks and sleeps in his crib in the nursery at night. During the day he's not interested in me putting him down to sleep. He sleeps on me and wakes/ cries if i set him down anywhere. It's ok if he's awake and playing, I'm just talking naps. I used to be ok with this because I felt like he was alone all night (has always slept in his crib), but he's getting heavy and I've got stuff to do (I use lots of carriers). He's too small to cio, but how can I transition him to a nap off of me?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: developing a nap time

• So jealous that your 3 month old is STTN! I had a good sleeper in #1... #2, not so much.

Are you following the same routine for naps as you are in the evening? Have you tried sleeping swaddled or in the carseat/swing for naps? What happens when you put him down for a nap during the day?

• Mine's a crappy napper too. He'll nap in his crib, but only for 30-40 minutes at a time. Impossible to get anything done during the day! He'll sleep in there at night for long stretches, but not so much during the day. I agree with PP. Follow the night time routine as much as you can. I swaddle him, close the blinds, turn on the white noise machine, etc. If all else fails, a swing works really well. Try putting him in it where he can see you, and turn it on the lowest setting. Works like a charm for mine, and it's hilarious to watch his eyes getting heavier and heavier. I hope you find a solution soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in the same boat as you.  The only thing that has worked at all for me is the baby swing.  Sometimes though he just won't have it.  Good luck.
  • Try the swing. 

And really, if your 3 month old STTN, I would just suck it up on the naps and not mess with a good thing!

• Jillian rarely napped for more than 45 minutes at a time until about a year old.  Soon after that she transitioned to one long (2-3 hour) nap per day.  Hayden gave me a solid sleepy newborn phase of a few months but is now very similar with her short naps.  She generally takes them in her swing or in the car seat if we are out and about.  She is a good sleeper in the crib at night.

Jen - Mom to Jillian (10/2008) and Hayden (4/2010)

My Blog

• At that age, Julia napped in the swing. It let me get a few things done and have some time without holding a baby.
  • Thanks ladies. I wanted to make sure I wasn't setting myself up for some unnecessary challenges. I'll keep working on it, and keep snuggling my guy in the mean time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Maybe you could sleep with the wrap once to get your scent - then swaddle him in it for nap - worth a shot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"