3rd Trimester
Options

Ugh 24 hour urine collection and house guests

How do you explain the ginormous orange pee jug in the fridge with house guests? Bahaha. Maybe a cooler will make things less awkward and gross. This is my third appt with protien in my urine with no signs of infection or high BP.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ugh 24 hour urine collection and house guests

• Options
    that does sound interesting! you might want to label it "NOT COOLADE" That sounds like something that would be in a movie haha. 
    Photobucket AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    This does sound like a movie! You may definitely want to label it "DON'T DRINK" or something. Just be prepared for lots of questions.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    put it in a plastic bag or paper bag..  :)  just make sure you put do not touch on it. 
  • Options
    I kept a bucket of ice in my bathroom with the jug in it
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imageHyfagal:
    How do you explain the ginormous orange pee jug in the fridge with house guests? Bahaha. Maybe a cooler will make things less awkward and gross. This is my third appt with protien in my urine with no signs of infection or high BP.

Yeah I'm thinking go with the cooler.  Oh by the way, I won't be over for dinner.  GAH! 

• Options
    Lol its just urine. Try collecting your dogs feces in the liquid form of diarrhea for the vet and having it in the fridge. Now that was a bit disturbing.

On a side note I just had to do the 24h urine also. I get my results on Wed, hopefully they will take me off bed rest then!
  • Options
    The first time, I kept it in a cooler in the bedroom right beside the bathroom.  The second time, I didn't have to refrigerate...there were some preservative tablets in the jug.  So sad, that I was so psyched to not have to deal with the cooler and ice again.
  • Options
    I've been doing them since week 15.  I am now doing them every 2 weeks. . .I have a cooler I keep it in the bathroom(in the tub).  I was told that all I needed was a bucket and ice.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageuluvfranke:
    I kept a bucket of ice in my bathroom with the jug in it

This!!  I didn't want it in my refrigerator! 

• Options
    Yeah, urine in the fridge where your food is, is kinda a turnoff for me. I had to do a test this week and I kept mine in the bathroom in a foam cooler with ice. When I took it to the hospital I had it in a big huge leather purse and the jug was wrapped in several layers of plastic. It was no way I was walking into a crowded hospital with a jug of pee in my hand...Embarrassed
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"