Babies: 0 - 3 Months

belly button issues

I would like to know what can i do about my LO belly button. Ever since his cord fell off his belly button wont go in. He grunted for hours or so at a time once i changed his formula when he came home so now i want it to go in. do u have any suggestions

Re: belly button issues

• As far as I know, the belly button does it's own thing.  Some kids will have an innie (ours does now, but it still sticks out if she has a full tummy) and some will have an outie.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't think there's anything you can do to make it go in. Some are innies, some are outies. Changing his formula doesn't have any relevance.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Why do you want it to go in?

I think outties are unique and cool!  DS1 and DS3 have one.  But right now DS3 has a umbilical hernia. I am hoping it stays an outtie though after his hernia clears up, that is what happen to DS1.

Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • with my 1st LO she had a belly button hernia and went down around 5 months. It looked gross and if you touched it, it felt like it was full of fluid when you pushed it in. Doc. said it's normal and seen often.
  • Whether you have an innie or an outie is decided in the womb (I read this in November's Parents magazine). In the 1st tri the baby's intestines form outside their body and then go inside as they grow, through the hold that will eventually be the umbilical cord. Then the abdominal walls close around the intestines and they way they close is what determines if the baby will have an innie or outie.
  • imageMrsMommyQ:
    Whether you have an innie or an outie is decided in the womb (I read this in November's Parents magazine). In the 1st tri the baby's intestines form outside their body and then go inside as they grow, through the hold that will eventually be the umbilical cord. Then the abdominal walls close around the intestines and they way they close is what determines if the baby will have an innie or outie.

I always wondered about this!  Thanks! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"