Natural Birth

Does baby stop moving when your having contractions?

So, I've been having contractions for about 4 hours now.. They are about 4-5 minutes apart, but not super painful. I guess I was expecting them to be worse. But what I am concerned about it my LO isn't moving around now. Is this normal? We are getting the last things together now and planning on going to the hospital, I am just so afraid of intervention that I wanted to labor at home as long as possible.. I am just a little worried and wondering if anyone has any advice?

Re: Does baby stop moving when your having contractions?

• How long has it been since you have felt movement?  Have you tried having something sugary to eat or drink and seeing if that gets your baby moving?  Do you know how to do a kick count?

Even during labor, you should be feeling some fetal activity.  If your baby does not pass a kick count, you should call your doctor or go into the hospital because it could be a sign of something serious going on. 

https://www.babykick.com/Resources_KickCountFAQs.html 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • mine stops moving during the actual contraction, but following, s/he picks right back up. I always tell DH that s/he hates the contractions.

I agree with PP. If yours isn't moving now, I'd be calling or heading into the hospital.

Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • So I guess the little guy was sleeping.. We went in to the hospital just to be checked out. His heart rate was good and he started waking up and moving around in between contractions. They wanted to put me on pit to get things moving, but we opted to come home. Thankfully I was able to get some sleep and the contractions seem to be started up again today. I really hope I get to meet this little guy soon! Thanks for all the advice, I was starting to panic last night.. 
  • imageJulietBair:
    So I guess the little guy was sleeping.. We went in to the hospital just to be checked out. His heart rate was good and he started waking up and moving around in between contractions. They wanted to put me on pit to get things moving, but we opted to come home. Thankfully I was able to get some sleep and the contractions seem to be started up again today. I really hope I get to meet this little guy soon! Thanks for all the advice, I was starting to panic last night.. 

Good to hear!  Nice work declining the pitocin and getting some sleep in your own home.  Best wishes for a peaceful birth!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJulietBair:
    So I guess the little guy was sleeping.. We went in to the hospital just to be checked out. His heart rate was good and he started waking up and moving around in between contractions. They wanted to put me on pit to get things moving, but we opted to come home. Thankfully I was able to get some sleep and the contractions seem to be started up again today. I really hope I get to meet this little guy soon! Thanks for all the advice, I was starting to panic last night.. 

Glad he's ok, and yay for getting to get some rest at home!  Hope things pick up a bit and you get to meet your LO soon!

• Glad to hear everything is ok!  Did they give you any reason for wanting to put you on Pit, or just to get things going more?  It's crazy how Pit-happy some hospitals are.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • He just knows he has a rough road ahead w. labor and was trying to rest up!  Good for you for refusing the pitocin.  I bet things will kick in really soon now!  I had that for a couple nights with DS and then the day I went into real labor it was obviously different. 
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejulyjennifer:

Good to hear!  Nice work declining the pitocin and getting some sleep in your own home.  Best wishes for a peaceful birth!

Agreed!! 

• imageJulietBair:

I'm glad you updated!  When I got to the hospital, and they started monitoring me they told me that DD was sleeping.  She actually slept through the whole end stage of my labor and only woke up when I started pushing :)  

• I didnt really feel her movement cos my contractions were strong and painful.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"