Babies: 3 - 6 Months

photographer release ?

Fellow Bumpie, Mopsie, took some pics of our DDs during a playdate. I tried to print a few copies at Walmart for frames, baby book, etc. Well, Walmart wouldnt release the photos to me, since the pics "were of professional quality and taken by a professional." So until I provide Walmart with a release, I can't have my pics. What would Mopsie write in the release?

Re: photographer release ?

• Is Mopsie a professional? If so, she should have a release that she uses.

Regardless, here's a pretty simple one I found online.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Since Mopsie is not actually a professional photographer who charged for her services, you shouldn't need a release.  I know many amateur photographers and such who weren't allowed to get prints from Walmart because they didn't believe that they were their photos.  I would tell Walmart to suck it and go to CVS or Walgreens.
    Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• Loading the player...
  • I don't think Wal-Mart should need one unless she is an actual professional photographer, not just a friend with a great camera!

If all else fails- SNAPFISH!!

https://www.ehow.com/how_5125783_write-photo-copyright-release-form.html

• imageDreamsicle23:
    Since Mopsie is not actually a professional photographer who charged for her services, you shouldn't need a release.  I know many amateur photographers and such who weren't allowed to get prints from Walmart because they didn't believe that they were their photos.  I would tell Walmart to suck it and go to CVS or Walgreens.

This!  I'm not a walmart fan to begin with, but this would totally annoy me.  However, I have a privately owned place that I get pics developed and the quality is sooo much better than chains like these.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Here's a sample I found:

https://www.westonphotography.net/pdf/photographycopyrightrelease.pdf

She just needs to say that she releases these images for your use.

• Number 1,032 why I hate Walmart.  Who are they to decide which pictures are professional and which aren't.   If you click I Agree" to the part where it talks about printing professional pictures illegially, then the responsibility is not on them.

Walmart = Lame.

Okay i will get off my soapbox now. 

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageKhoulton:

I don't think Wal-Mart should need one unless she is an actual professional photographer, not just a friend with a great camera!

Umm... just because you have a great camera doesn't mean you take professional-quality photos.  And I know a lot of people who take great photos with really cheap cameras.   I put a lot of time and energy into learning about photography and practicing to build my skills, and it really bothers me when my camera gets all the credit.   

• imagemopsie:
    imageKhoulton:

I don't think Wal-Mart should need one unless she is an actual professional photographer, not just a friend with a great camera!

Umm... just because you have a great camera doesn't mean you take professional-quality photos.  And I know a lot of people who take great photos with really cheap cameras.   I put a lot of time and energy into learning about photography and practicing to build my skills, and it really bothers me when my camera gets all the credit.   

Amen!  Even the "best" camera is only as good as the person behind it!

• ditto the others.

and walmart prints are crapola. at least make sure they dont color correct.

aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• imageDreamsicle23:
    Since Mopsie is not actually a professional photographer who charged for her services, you shouldn't need a release.  I know many amateur photographers and such who weren't allowed to get prints from Walmart because they didn't believe that they were their photos.  I would tell Walmart to suck it and go to CVS or Walgreens.

and CVS/walgreens are even worse printers. 

aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• imageMelonieK:
    imagemopsie:
    imageKhoulton:

Amen!  Even the "best" camera is only as good as the person behind it!

That and the BEST camera you can have, is the one you have WITH you! Smile 

• imageKhoulton:

If all else fails- SNAPFISH!!

Really the camera takes the great pictures!!! HAHAHA

Please visit the following link to give yourself a clue and WHAT (who) really makes a picture great.

https://www.lauribakerphotography.com/blog/2010/05/your-camera-takes-great-pictures/  

• Walgreens tried the same thing with me and I told them I would pass on their comment to my Dad. They were cool with that.

Maybe have them call her?

• Wal-Mart has been sued MANY times by professional photographers because their pictures were printed there without proper authorization. I'm glad they are finally doing something about it and at least they aren't taking any chances if your pictures are professional or not. They're just trying to cover their own a$$... although I agree their quality is not the best.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"