1st Trimester

Piece of advice from new mom: weight gain

Yeah, weight gain is a hot, nasty topic but I am going there.

If I had to give any advice to you guys, it would be to not gain any more than needed. Some care more (like me) than others about this.

I gained 20 and still 3 weeks later, the last 2 will NOT freaking come off.  I thought with a 20lb weight gain, it would be a snap, but no. Stupid.

Anyways, thought I would share.

Re: Piece of advice from new mom: weight gain

• I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude but are you complaining that only 3 weeks after giving birth you have 2 lbs to lose and you are back at your prepregnancy weight? Geesh I wish I had your problems!
  • Ditto PP.  I honestly can't believe dropping two pounds is even on your mind with such a beautiful brand new DD in your life.
  • Loading the player...
  • What can I say? I give a huge crap about my weight.
  • imageMarriedToMyLove:
    What can I say? I give a huge crap about my weight.

Then why don't you go take a huge crap & maybe that will take care of those pesky 2 lbs?

• I would probably spend more of my energy enjoying that beautiful new daughter rather than agonizing over 2 lbs.  2 lbs. is water weight goodness.
  • REALLY? You are complaining that you only lost 18 of your 20 pounds in 3 weeks? Perhaps your body is trying to tell you somehting? Maybe that something is that losing 18 pounds in 3 weeks was tough enough?

Gah. People like you need to eat a sandwich.

• Agree with other post...you should be more worried about your newborn not your weight at 3 weeks. Are you breast feeding? Because those 2 lbs could be the fact that your boobs are filled with milk. After you have a baby your body does change so there is a chance you will have a hard time with those last 2 lbs. Maybe you should start working out.

As for the other 1st tris that look at this, gain the weight that is healthy for you. DO NOT try to not gain weight just so you don't have as much to get rid of. Eat healthy and your body will gain the correct weight it needs.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • this post makes me sad...

it says more about you and than anything else.

and does anyone esle also think this is an AW "look at me, i still have TWO pounds to lose"  cry me an effin river

• wow...enjoy your daughter...and dont be so selfish...two pounds, seriously??? like pp said...go take a crap

• Well, you seem to be a bit hard on yourself since it's only been three weeks but good for you for already losing most of the weight! Who wants to be a heffer afterwards!!!!!  I'm watching everything I eat so I don't have too much of a problem either!
  • Hmm...yeah. I'm still agonizing over TWENTY pounds. Being a mom is so much more than reaching back to your pre-baby life. I hope your priorities shift more as you grow up.

So I didn't lose it all the first time around. I was the perfect weight when I got pregnant with number 2 and I'm a happy, secure person. I'm way too busy MOTHERING to freak over 2 pounds.

And Lucy likes me cuddly.  

imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Why in the hell are you worried about 2 pounds.  Some people gain way more weight than you did and don't lose any of it.  Take this time and spend it with your daughter and please don't pass on the obsessive weight watching to her. 

• Thanks Papillion!

Eh, think as you wish. All is good. Just because I have a newborn, does not mean I lose the right to care about myself and my body.

Of course I gained a healthy amount and ate very, very well for my baby. The doctor visits always were right on track. 

I wish you all happy and healthy pregnancies. It is good to see the snark is well and alive! :)

• imageMarriedToMyLove:

If I had to give any advice to you guys, it would be to not gain any more than needed. Some care more (like me) than others about this.

I gained 20 and still 3 weeks later, the last 2 will NOT freaking come off.  I thought with a 20lb weight gain, it would be a snap, but no. Stupid.

I think this is crazy.  No offense, but this is not the place to put this post. Women should not be worrying about their weight gain (especially someone who gained a very small amount of weight in the pregnancy)... let alone 2 lbs 3weeks after birth.  Go take a poop- there is your 2 lbs.

Please understand that you may have "issues" with your weight-- but it;s not healthy and it's not healthy to project that on to women who are in the beginning of their pregnancies. 

I would better understand if you were on here because you gained an unhealthy amount of weight, as per your Dr, and you were 6 months out of birth and having a hard time... but this is irresponsible to post this.  Go to the newborn board... or whatever and see how this post would fly there.

Mom of 3 year old, one year old and one on the way (due late Summer 2013).
  • To me this sounds like a backwards way of bragging to people that you have lost all of your baby weight in three weeks.  Good for you, but everyone is different and needs to gain a healthy weight for them as an individual. Gaining 20 pounds may have been perfect for you, but not for everyone.  I agre with the PP who said to eat healthy and your body will take care of itself. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMarriedToMyLove:

Eh, think as you wish. All is good. Just because I have a newborn, does not mean I lose the right to care about myself and my body.

It's 2 effing pounds.  I've been trying to lose that since the 5th grade.  You sound absolutely ridiculous.

• imagepapillonlover:
    Well, you seem to be a bit hard on yourself since it's only been three weeks but good for you for already losing most of the weight! Who wants to be a heffer afterwards!!!!!  I'm watching everything I eat so I don't have too much of a problem either!

Wow.  You are a real gem as well.  NONE of us want to be heffers after we give birth but if that is the price I pay for a healthy pregnancy and baby then bring on the hefferness!!! PLEASE!

• Get over yourself!!!!!!!!!!
  • Seriously 3 weeks after your baby is born this is what you are posting about? GET OVER YOURSELF! aaah I can't be on this board today with dumb a$$'s like you!
  • way to keep those unrealistic body expectations alive, nicole richie

• Seriuosly.  Can you say VAIN?!

Worried about 2 pounds after 3 weeks?!  WOW!!!!

• cZacZa member

WOW. You should just be greatful that you have a heathly happy baby. I have tried for 9 months to get pregnant and that is the last of my worries. Isn't your health and the babies health what is important?? 2 pounds!! There is a lot more to life.

• Are you BFing?

DS #1: May 25, 2007

DS #2: Jan 7, 2009

DD #3 due May 17, 2014!!! Low lying placenta and DD measuring 1 week ahead at big u/s

• OH and I'll be thinking of you two when I'm downing my McDonalds double cheeseburger and fries!
  • Am I reading this right? Seriously!

• imagepapillonlover:
    Well, you seem to be a bit hard on yourself since it's only been three weeks but good for you for already losing most of the weight! Who wants to be a heffer afterwards!!!!!  I'm watching everything I eat so I don't have too much of a problem either!

hmm yeah thats a good idea...watch what you eat...dont gain too much weight...who cares about the nourishment of your baby

• I am 8 months PP and still have an extra 10-12 lbs packed on. You can take your 2 lbs and SUCK IT!  Wink

• Congrats on the weight loss.  But really stressing over 2 pounds is a bit silly. 
  • You're lucky you have only 2 left to lose.  I gained 30 with DS and days after delivery I was only down 6, my baby weighed 7!  By my 6 wk pp check-up I was only down 13, and I was EBFing.  I eventually did lose it, but I don't know what you're complaining about.  You're very lucky, and I don't know why you're worried about 2 lbs at 3 wks PP.

• imageBlairWaldorf:

imageMarriedToMyLove:
    What can I say? I give a huge crap about my weight.

Then why don't you go take a huge crap & maybe that will take care of those pesky 2 lbs?

LOL! Seriously? It is 2 pounds. Get over it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagepapillonlover:
    Who wants to be a heffer afterwards!!!!! 

I do.  More cushion for the pushin'

• imagekcap01:
    To me this sounds like a backwards way of bragging to people that you have lost all of your baby weight in three weeks.  Good for you, but everyone is different and needs to gain a healthy weight for them as an individual. Gaining 20 pounds may have been perfect for you, but not for everyone.  I agre with the PP who said to eat healthy and your body will take care of itself. 

::Golf Claps::

Go brag on the 0-6 mo board and see if they are more receptive... Boo to this post.  Don't come and mess with the minds of women who are struggling enough with the so many other daunting questions! Go give your complex to someone else!!

• Girls!  Its so easy to loose all that baby weight when you only gain 20 lbs!  Really I mean the baby takes up a good 3rd of that, then there's the placenta and water surrounding baby that should take up another 3rd...  Duh!  I mean whats left? 

If you're gonna give advice to expecting mommies, make sure its something worth reading.  Making all the women here who've gained more than that feel bad or fat is rude and makes you look like a real douche bag.  Try giving advice on how best to deal with m/s, or how to choose a good doctor.

Good luck with the extra two pounds hun.  Just be sure to spend some time with your new daughter in between reps.

• You should eat very well for your pregnancy and I do. BUT I don't eat fast food and junk food. There's a difference between eating well and eating crap! I think it's crap when women gain 80 pounds or so during pregnancy. Ever hear of the word gestantional diabetes????
  • OMG! This is ridiculous. I will think of you as I stuff a donut in my face this morning.
  • 2 lbs 3 weeks after birth, and you're concerned about this?

Ladies, ignore this post, and listen to your DOCTORS. The recommended gain for a woman of a healthy weight is 25-35 lbs. Pregnancy is not the time to restrict your diet, it's a time to eat healthy food. 

imageimage
  • imagepapillonlover:
    Ever hear of the word gestantional diabetes????

That's two words, dummy.

• ::laughs and goes back to 2nd tri::
  • imageMarriedToMyLove:

You're a vain asshat.  It took you 40 weeks to put on 20lbs and you're complaining that you still have 2lbs to loose after 3 weeks?  Try concentrating on more important things....like your beautiful daughter and not teaching her to be so superficial like her mommy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"