Trouble TTC

Thoughts about using a donor?

My DH and I are actually considering using a donor for IUI. I have mixed emotions about it but would love to hear from someone who has some insight about it.

Re: Thoughts about using a donor?

• do you mean donor sperm?  do you have MFI?  have you considered ivf?

ivf is NOT an easy road but it was are our only option before adoption, I'll let you know next week if it worked for us.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • There are several women on the Infertility board that are currently using donor sperm (DS).  If you post there too, you can get some more answers.

We have DS as a backup plan.  We know DH produces sperm but we do not know if we will have enough.  It was a tough decision, but DH wants me to experience pregnancy.  The book "Helping the Stork" has helped tremendously.  It will give you the ins and outs as well as pros and cons of DS.  Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLovedByHim316:

I don't have any experience with donor insemination, but just wanted to pass this study on:

https://familyscholars.org/my-daddys-name-is-donor-2/

I think a lot of people assume that using donor sperm/eggs is different than adoption, but it seems this study proves that donor-conceived children actually experience a lot of the same loss, if not more so because of the anonymity w/ donor procedures.

Again, I have no experience with this but it's definitely something to consider :)

Really??????  Why would you post something like this? Do you think that women who go the DS route do so because it is their "ideal" choice in a perfect world???

July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• It should be noted that this study was done by a right-leaning "family values" group that also does not support gay marriage. They commissioned a study to push their agenda.
    Missed miscarriage discovered 4/30/08 at 19 weeks. Unknown cause.
    DD born 5/09
    TTC #2 Since April 2010
    June 2010 -c/p
    Dx - AMA + surprising MFI
    9/10 thru 11/10, 3 IUIs with Clomid - all BFNs
    Jan 2011, IVF#1 - 14R, 12F w/ ICSI, 5dt of 1 perfect embie. BFP!
    PGS on 6 remaining embies. 3 are chromosomally normal and are on ice.
    Developed bad OHSS 7dp5dt
    Beta #1 2/5=291, Beta #2 2/7=656, Beta #3 2/9 941 :/ Beta #4 2/14 3952

"In the midst of winter, I found in me an invincible summer." ~ Albert Camus BabyFruit Ticker
  • I do mean using donor sperm. I am fine but my husband SA came back pretty low. They recommended IVF but I'm not sure we can make that happen. It's SO expensive. We haven't made our final decision yet but just wanted some feedback. I'm not sure where to look for people who have used DS on this site. I'll keep looking. Thanks for all the insight guys. I truly appreciate it!

• imagesocopenny:

I do mean using donor sperm. I am fine but my husband SA came back pretty low. They recommended IVF but I'm not sure we can make that happen. It's SO expensive. We haven't made our final decision yet but just wanted some feedback. I'm not sure where to look for people who have used DS on this site. I'll keep looking. Thanks for all the insight guys. I truly appreciate it!

There is a donor sperm and egg check-in on the IF board.  I am not sure when it is posted, but it would be a good place to check.  I don't have any experience yet.  But, I am in the problem for us.  If IVF #2 doesn't work, we may consider DE at that point. 

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"