Nurseries and Baby Gear

Choosing Winnie the Pooh theme, am I the only one?

I love lurking here and on all the baby boards but I don't see a lot of Pooh & friends nurseries.  Am I being old fashioned in choosing it as our nursery theme?  We are adopting so we need to keep it gender neutral for now and I thought Pooh would be easy to add either pink or blue to the mix depending on what we have.  I got the bedding from Target and I think we picked a paint color a nice light green.  My sister gave me her crib and changing table, it's dark, cross between dark cherry and espresso.

1. Does anyone else have a Pooh theme?

2. Any suggestions or ideas that we can add?  DH wants a tree decal so I will start checking estsy.  I would like pictures or something on the wall. Haven't figured out curtains or anything yet.  Don't want a border.  TIA :)

(here is the bedding, Disney Pooh & Friends from Target, sorry couldn't post a picture so here is a link:)

https://www.target.com/s?keywords=pooh&searchNodeID=1038590&ref=sr_bx_1_4

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Choosing Winnie the Pooh theme, am I the only one?

• I love the idea of a Pooh and Friends nursery, I think it would be sooooo cute!  I think a tree decal would be good, and maybe play off of the honey pot thing with a bee mobile or something.  I am sure you can find a lot of great Pooh themed prints on etsy too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am generally not a fan of children's characters but there is something very classic about Pooh. I have seen some tacky Pooh things of course, but I think the bedding you've chosen is very cute.  IMO the more pastel/lighter color classic things are much prettier than brighter more modern Pooh things.

I would play up the green and yellow in the color pallet of the bedding, and add in pink or blue depending on the gender. 

I did a quick search on Google and there are some really great tree murals in Pooh nurseries.  I also found a bunch of Pooh things on Etsy and I think these name blocks are adorable!

• Loading the player...
  • I think it can be done well and be very cute.  Fathead has a Winnie the Pooh decal set that could go with your tree decal idea (which I love).  Putting Pooh and Piglet at the bottom of the tree with some of the honeypots or something: https://www.fathead.com/disney/winnie-the-pooh/winnie-the-pooh/

There are also so many wonderful Winnie the Pooh quotes that could make for great vinyl decals in a nursery, like "'Sometimes,' said Pooh, 'the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.'"

A possibility was born the day you were born and will live as long as you live.
    CafeMom Tickers .............................. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We are going with a Pooh theme!  Specifically, Classic Pooh.  Here is our bedding - https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4013801&fromRegistryNumber=45752886&product_skn=211793.  We are getting a decal made by an Etsy artist that has the "smallest things" quote the pp mentioned.  We're also getting the mobile and valance that goes with the bedding.  Our walls are beige with lighter beige vertical stripes all the way around the room.  I love Pooh.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • My niece has a beautiful Pooh themed nursery- it was sort of a cross between the pastel classic Pooh and the slightly brighter "Peek a Pooh" theme offered at BRU.  Right now I have been seeing Pooh bedding, blankets,and accessories at TJ maxx and Marshalls. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I am doing a classic pooh theme in the nursery.  We didn't do a bedding set, but we did get sheets, a blanket, and valances from BRU.  We have a ton of prints to hang in the room. 

You could search for any prints that go along with your bedding.  Allposters.com has a few prints that are cute.  I like the idea of the tree decal, that could be very cute!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We have the Soft and Fuzzy Pooh theme from BRU https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2415172

H found a booklet from Home Depot that had a whole bunch of neutral Pooh room color ideas and we picked colors to suit the bedding and border colors. I know HD has wall sticker for Winnie The Pooh with everything from WTP to Heffalumps and in between.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I typically don't do character themes but something about Pooh is classic.  I like that you can mix and match different pieces.  We actually have two bedding sets, one soft and fuzzy pooh from BRU and one classic pooh that was custom.   We also mixed in some bees into our theme.  Here is a good link for brainstorming:

https://babyroombio.weebly.com/pooh-room.html 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageLyndseylovesHugh:
    I love the idea of a Pooh and Friends nursery, I think it would be sooooo cute!  I think a tree decal would be good, and maybe play off of the honey pot thing with a bee mobile or something.  I am sure you can find a lot of great Pooh themed prints on etsy too!

I totally agree!! My nursery was a Winnie the Pooh nursery and my mom used it on my two brothers after me. She loved it, I loved who. Who couldn't love it? You can find lots of cute bumble bee things to play off the Pooh theme so that way you don't feel like it's too over bearing.

I really like this lamp I just found on google: https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4162412&CAWELAID=555149466

And for the tree decal I found this on Ebay (very girly b/c of the pink leaves) - SOO CUTE! : https://compare.ebay.com/like/380267395060?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&rvr_id=150962082909&crlp=1_263602_304662&UA=WVI7&GUID=483bcb4d1260a0b58ab67166ffcae164&itemid=380267395060&ff4=263602_304662

HTH & GL!!

June Siggy: Fave pic of Aubrey and me :)

• our nursery has a scene from one of the pooh episodes, where tiger and the baby kangaroo get stuck in the tree. it has roo laying on a branch and tiget holding onto the tree trunk. its so cute!! it also has a fence and a bird singing on a post :) i love it!

• We're not exactly doing a whole Pooh theme, but we did get the Graco Pooh Pack n Play, car seat, and bouncer (I think these are only available at Wal-Mart), and we have the fathead Pooh wall decals.  The wall decals are very cute and nicely done, but be warned that they are huge!  The Pooh and Tigger are so tall that they go basically the entire way from the crib to the ceiling.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"