3rd Trimester

Anyone else getting depressed?

I'm getting really depressed each night that I don't go into labor.  I know I still have a while till my due date but my family is notorious for going early.  I'm having the worst braxton hicks contractions and I'm so uncomfortable that it makes me cry sometimes.  Anyone else feeling like this?

Re: Anyone else getting depressed?

• You're not even 37 weeks yet...if I were you, I would be telling myself that I'm going to go overdue. It's pretty silly to be getting depressed when you still have a possible 3-5 weeks left.
    "Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • I guess I never thought of myself as depressed exactly. I am not quite as far along as you. I have shed a tear or 2 :) though. I will have 2 u 2 and consider myself to have been pg for 2 years and we didn't plan it this way, but we are happy and excited. I forgot how uncomfortable the last month or so can be. I have been contracting for awhile. And tons of pressure. BH have painfully reminded me of the last hours that I was pg with DD. Keeping up with her all day helps time go faster and keeps my mind off of it. I work part time now and am home all day with her.I am not sleeping so well at night and her naps are a welcome break for me. But I love playing with her and our short walks.

Hang in there! I wanted DD to be born a little early or by my EDD but she was 5 days late. I am just as happy that she was late.  My suggestion would be to find something to keep you occupied in between work and rest. I have been making hooded towels. For our kids and for shower gifts. I don't know if you like to cook or bake but there are some fabulous fall recipes out there and short trips to get those supplies are refreshing. Especially if you have your own garden or can go to a farm market or a pick it yourself place. Just some thoughts. Good luck to you!

• Loading the player...
  • It's not silly and that is rude of you to say.  If you had my family history of labor you would understand and on top of that my ribs were broken by my baby girl.  So if you don't have something nice to say don't post it.
  • imagestephanie91:
    It's not silly and that is rude of you to say.  If you had my family history of labor you would understand and on top of that my ribs were broken by my baby girl.  So if you don't have something nice to say don't post it.

Family history means nothing, every pregnancy is different. Good luck. If you can't handle honest answers, then don't post. ;)

"Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • Don't wish your kid here any earlier than 37 weeks...it's okay to wish you were more comfortable, but seriously, my son was born at 38w1d and STILL had to have special care. Give little girl as much baking time as possible.

Family history does not mean anything as PP said...just because my DS1 came at 38 weeks, does not mean I expect this one too. I'm hunkering down to go all the way to 42 weeks if I need to. 

Am I uncomfortable? Yes. Do I not like being pregnant? Yes (never have liked it!). But am I getting depressed? Nah...I know the longer he's in there, the healthier and more ready for the outside world he'll be.

And I should say, seriously, if you really are feeling real symptoms of depression, hold on to your hat...it's even worse after they come. You'll probably want to talk to someone about it. 

imageimage
  • I have tried to have the mentality from the start of this pregnancy that it will go until 42 weeks.  That way I can only be surprised if I go into labour sooner.  I really hope this kid will stay put until 38 weeks so that I can feel fully prepared and know that there will be minimal risk of the kid needing extra care after birth. 

If you're already feeling crappy or depressed, you should probably talk to somebody about it.  Whether it's just family or a friend, talking it out can usually help.

image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I definitely have days (especially lately!) when I say I'm done.  I am ready for LO to come out.  I agree with PP that everyone has days when the discomfort just gets to be too much and they wish it was over.  However, I also agree that LO should stay in as long as possible.  My due date is Thursday and I am not confident at all that LO will be making an appearance before then, or even on time.  I'm prepared to go to 41 weeks, which is when my dr. will induce.  I'm sorry it's been so painful for you.  GL...you're almost there!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am so sorry that you are uncomfortable. Though I am well behind you, I can relate to being in pretty much 24/7 intense pain due to pregnancy, and pain that will only get worse. It landed me in L&D on Sunday and luckily LO is fine, it is just me that is taking a beating. Anyway, at the hospital I spent almost 4 hours staring at this March of Dimes sign.(click on the button to enlarge it). I found it VERY convincing about the growth babies need to do from 35 to 40 weeks. Maybe thinking of it that way will help you stay motivated.
  • Sorry I agree with the PP--you're only 36 weeks you shouldn't be pushing your LO out already (figuratively speaking). I'm anxious to meet my LO too but I wouldn't be down in the dumps about it til I'm past my due date.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The worst thing here is you have expectations set by your family of going early- but how early did they go?  Probably a week or two- not a month! And you are not a failure if you do not go early.  I went early with my first two and this pregnancy has been so different that I fully imagine that I may go to my due date or beyond.  My body was preparing differently than it has this time.  Hang in there, you will get there!  Keep yourself busy - get a lot done- and enjoy this time with your husband.  Once the baby gets here, your world will change and while that is OK, you'll wish you made the most out of these last few weeks.

• You've got a while, so I think taking a deep breath would be helpful instead of expecting to go into labor right now.

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

• imageI'mAcrossThePond:

Don't wish your kid here any earlier than 37 weeks...it's okay to wish you were more comfortable, but seriously, my son was born at 38w1d and STILL had to have special care. Give little girl as much baking time as possible.

Family history does not mean anything as PP said...just because my DS1 came at 38 weeks, does not mean I expect this one too. I'm hunkering down to go all the way to 42 weeks if I need to. 

Am I uncomfortable? Yes. Do I not like being pregnant? Yes (never have liked it!). But am I getting depressed? Nah...I know the longer he's in there, the healthier and more ready for the outside world he'll be.

And I should say, seriously, if you really are feeling real symptoms of depression, hold on to your hat...it's even worse after they come. You'll probably want to talk to someone about it. 

I completely agree with this!!

And I would highly recommend you tell your doctor about these feelings at your next visit. So he/she is aware and can watch for signs of serious depression now and pp.

GL

• Sorry you feel this way. When someone is depressed the last thing anyone should do is call their feelings 'silly.' You are right for being upset at being labeled as being silly. A lot of us if we were not hidden behind a keyboard and computer screen would have a lot more sympathy for others who are imperfect and just trying to deal with negative feelings by just merely asking for a little support, like you reached your hand out to do in the first place. I know sometimes it's popular on these boards to be what you call 'snarky' but not when someone is just looking for a few words of comfort. Definitely tell your doctor about your feelings...but i'm sure you already have.

::Sending love, and patience::

• the only reason i am anxious for labor is because i've been contracting for three weeks and they've been time-able for the past three days.  otherwise, i would have no problem with letting this LO cook for another 3-4 weeks.  i think being miserable is normal but if you are feeling that down and anxious i would talk to someone.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Currently going through our second deployment. Can't wait for Zoe to meet her daddy!

• imageJ+MS:
    You're not even 37 weeks yet...if I were you, I would be telling myself that I'm going to go overdue. It's pretty silly to be getting depressed when you still have a possible 3-5 weeks left.

It's not silly.  Don't listen to her.

• imageChloe77:

imageJ+MS:
    You're not even 37 weeks yet...if I were you, I would be telling myself that I'm going to go overdue. It's pretty silly to be getting depressed when you still have a possible 3-5 weeks left.

It's not silly.  Don't listen to her.

No actually it is really silly. It is not typical to give birth at 37 weeks. It just means that LO can be born and *usually* have no health issues. Average is 38-42 weeks and first time mothers usually go PAST their due date. It's ridiculous to not even be full term and be thinking "Oh I can't believe I haven't had this baby yet". Yeah pregnancy sucks in the last month, but I bet having a baby with health issues sucks even more.

2 losses
    2 beautiful children
    proud mommy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"