2nd Trimester

DH got punched in the face today!(long)

This is so crazy... DH was at the bank and he needed to do a somewhat complicated transaction because we are in the process of buying a company and certain funds needed to be in certain places, blah blah.  So he gets the newest teller possible, I think it was her first week.  She didn't know how to do ANYTHING, and had to keep asking other tellers for help.  Meanwhile, the line behind H is getting longer and longer - it's the first and I guess lots of people go to the bank that day (payday, social security, etc). 

DH is a pretty patient guy.  But he has been under a lot of stress lately, and he needed to get this stuff done pronto.  Finally he asks for somebody else who CAN help him, since she CAN NOT.  Not over the top rude, just asking for somebody to step up and fix the situation.  Finally he's done, walks out of the bank, and is two steps up from the parking lot when some guy taps his shoulder.  He turns around, and this little guy who had been a few people behind him in line PUNCHES HIM IN THE FACE!!!

His tooth has a tiny chip in it, and he's not bruised or anything - he said he thinks the guy maybe didn't know how to punch.  Anyway, he fell backward down the two steps and landed on his arse.  He was in total shock, and he said he started laughing, got up, walked toward the guy, grabbed his head, and kneed him in the ribs so hard he fell down and had the wind knocked out of him.  Everybody in the bank saw the whole thing, and the bank manager came outside and was like "sir, I think you'd better just leave!", to which H replied "He punched me in the face!" and the bank manager said "oh, I know, everyone inside saw it and it's on the video tapes... but I think you could really hurt him!"

DH is 7 feet tall, and weighs almost 300 pounds.  And he is not fat.  He is big, and he is strong... WHY OH WHY did a very small man who was not very much more than 5 feet walk up to him and throw a punch??  It turned out that guy was the teller's boyfriend, and he had come to the bank to visit her at her new job.  He didn't like how DH spoke to her so.... he punched him in the face.  I'm still in shock.Indifferent

Re: DH got punched in the face today!(long)

• Ah, yes, the very rational punch to the face.

It makes me think of my BFF, she went to see her bf at the time play in his band, some guy was hitting on her and she told him she was taken and here to surprise her bf..he said "you know what would surprise him? If you walked up and punched him in the face."  Your DH totally got surprised.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLovingBaz:

Ah, yes, the very rational punch to the face.

Right? I wish I would have known this sooner... when somebody pisses you off, just walk right up and punch them in the face.  Simple! 

• Loading the player...
  • Sounds like the little guy was just trying to look manly in front of his girl. Give your DH a kiss on the cheek and laugh it off.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAlliB101:
    imageLovingBaz:

Ah, yes, the very rational punch to the face.

Right? I wish I would have known this sooner... when somebody pisses you off, just walk right up and punch them in the face.  Simple! 

Got to remember that.

:memo to self; pissed off=punch near by face:

• I feel bad for your DH, but I got excited and thought you punched him in the face when I read the title. There are a lot of little guys with big tempers though. I'm glad your DH had control over his temper though, a big guy like that, it could get ugly fast. Congrats to him. Hope his face feels better.
  • imageRindesai21<3:
    I feel bad for your DH, but I got excited and thought you punched him in the face when I read the title. .

Ha.  After I posted this and read the title I thought "oops, people are going to think I did it..." LOL

• Glad your H got to put the little man back in his place.
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • I hope that your H is alright and that he can get his tooth fixed, but I just have to say... This is the greatest story I've heard in a long time! I can't believe he fought back (for lawsuit sake), but I think it's pretty awesome that he did!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Definately think your H did the right thing by demanding another teller.  I had a conversation like that on the phone.  I'm talking to the woman at an office who then proceeds to say hold on after every sentence to tell it to someone else. Finally told her that to make it easier how about I just talk to the other person since the conversation was taking forever to get through.

We've all been the new kid at some point but there are times to let the people who know what they are doing handle it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Wow! laughed so hard I went in my pants a little. Thats great "I think you should leave, you could really hurt him" LOL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"