3rd Trimester

Are you getting a stork sign or anything for the yard?

I know there are negatives for putting a stork sign or something similar in the yard announcing the baby. Looks like my neighbors ignore those warnings as there are a few in my neighborhood. I'm torn. I like the idea of them, but stories of mishap do concern me.

Re: Are you getting a stork sign or anything for the yard?

• better safe than sorry... I will not do it.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • no, its creepy IMO.
    "Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • Loading the player...
  • Nope. For two reasons.... tacky and unsafe.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No.  It'll clash with the pink flamingos already in my yard and then there will be a gang fight between the Storks and the Flamingos and bad things, man.  Bad things.

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Like pp said..better safe than sorry. We will not doing anything like that though. The people that need to know already will, don't need to announce it like that!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nope, but I'm sure my mom will put a couple pink or blue balloons for when we get home.  Then, we'll take them down right away.  We live on a small street in the cul de sac, so no one really comes up our street unless they live here.  All 12 houses know I'm having a baby. 
  • Nah I think DH and I will pass.  My grandmother lives two doors down she's louder than any stork LOL
  • Nope, not advertising that.

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

• imagecinema_goddess:
    No.  It'll clash with the pink flamingos already in my yard and then there will be a gang fight between the Storks and the Flamingos and bad things, man.  Bad things.
    you'd have to call upon the mighty lawn gnomes for help!
  • They're NMS, so no.

But I really really hate my old repressed neighbors, who write us letters voicing their disgust when home depot drops off new appliances in the driveway... For this reason I feel like getting a BIG TACKY light up one and pointing it in their bedroom window. (That would mean placing it in the backyard)

• No.  The people I want to know we have had our baby will know through phone calls and email.  Random strangers passing by our house don't need to know.  Quite frankly, I don't want them to know. 
  • no, we only have a few houses in our hood and they all know I am pregnant and they will all know when I have the baby...no need to let passers by know.
  • Nah. Everyone knows in my townhouse village I am having a baby . I don't want to let creepers know it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I live on a small street/cul de sac as well. We always have two flags out (A large one and a small mailbox one for each season/holiday) MIL already bought us an "It's A Girl" flag for one of them. (I personally think the flag is kind of ugly, but she is extremely excited about it!) I'm not really concerned, because the neighborhood is very safe, we have a security system, complete with 3 cameras on the property.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Regardless of any potential threat from baby snatchers or whatever, no, I would never be the type of person to put that crap in my yard.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My mother bought a flag that has a teddy bear on it and says "Baby Boy".  Its really cute,  but I told her I didn't think it was such a good idea to put it out.  First I wouldn't want someone to think we weren't home (in hospital) so breaking into our house or you hear these crazy stories.  Wish we could put it out, but I told her it would be better at her house - they live off the road in the woods while we live right in a subdivision on a main road in and out of it.
  • Umm...hellz no.  Personally I think they're gaudy and god-awful tacky.
  • I have the feeling I'll be coming home to one... that I'll immediately take down as I don't know all of my neighbors yet.

On the flamingo front... my neighbor had a bunch of little ones stuck around a sign the other day, I couldn't read it when I went outside, so I drove by on my way out, all it said was "Read This" on a large envelope on the outside. I wish I had read it... it was gone by the time I got back. I'm so freakin nosey! 

• imagecinema_goddess:
    No.  It'll clash with the pink flamingos already in my yard and then there will be a gang fight between the Storks and the Flamingos and bad things, man.  Bad things.

2nd Tri has their gang war, can ours be Storks vs. Flamingos?

Or better yet, Flamingos vs. Lawn Gnomes? 

• No we did not for DS and will not for DD either. We like to keep our personal life private. Those who we are friends with on our street with already know as will family and other friends, I do not need a sign to let everyone else I dont know, know.

Plus as others have mentioned its unsafe and yes I also find it tacky.  

Photobucket
  • I did with my DS. I always wanted one and IL's surprised me and got it for us when he was born. I am not too scared, I know there are bad things that happen but we also live in a gated community so only our neighbors actually see it.
    <3 Watching the snow <3 <br> Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for"
  • imageSonadora:
    Regardless of any potential threat from baby snatchers or whatever, no, I would never be the type of person to put that crap in my yard.

This.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • imagejamiemsmith:

On the flamingo front... my neighbor had a bunch of little ones stuck around a sign the other day, I couldn't read it when I went outside, so I drove by on my way out, all it said was "Read This" on a large envelope on the outside. I wish I had read it... it was gone by the time I got back. I'm so freakin nosey! 

She got flamingo'ed!! 

It's a fundraiser some churches/organizations use. People pay a certain amount to have their friend or neighbor's lawn "flamingo'ed." And then the person who was flamingo'ed can pay a certain amount to the organization to have them removed, or an even larger amount to have them removed and placed on the lawn of the people who flamingo'ed them... 

Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • I'm not worried about baby snatchers, but I can't imagine advertising my own baby in such an AW way like that.  but if someone in my family did something like that, I'd leave it up for a couple days to be nice about it. 

• imageheyitsme:
    imagejamiemsmith:

She got flamingo'ed!! 

It's a fundraiser some churches/organizations use. People pay a certain amount to have their friend or neighbor's lawn "flamingo'ed." And then the person who was flamingo'ed can pay a certain amount to the organization to have them removed, or an even larger amount to have them removed and placed on the lawn of the people who flamingo'ed them... 

Interesting!! Thanks! I had no clue what was going down over there! 

• No.
    Married 11-8-08
    DS born 12-10-10
    DD born 11-5-12
    Boy/girl twins arrived 10-10-14!
  • imageSonadora:
    Regardless of any potential threat from baby snatchers or whatever, no, I would never be the type of person to put that crap in my yard.

This.

• No, we will not be doing this.
  • I have never felt the urge to decorate my yard with a wooden bird. 
    Yeah...my pics were so old. I got 3 kids. Nuff said. :)
  • My ILs put one up in our yard when DS was born.  I wouldn't have done it myself, but I didn't mind.  In fact a couple of neighbors brought us presents after they saw the sign! 

• imagerochella:
    I've watched too many murdering mommies/kidnapping babies mysteries on television to put anything in my yard.

this for sure

• Heck no.  People are too crazy.
  • nope.  NMS.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• No way. It's not safe and I don't feel the need to announce to the whole world that we just had a baby.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker ~*Mrs.Gallegos*~
  • I may consider doing some blank pink balloons on the mailbox just so the neighbors that know me will figure it out but nothing like a sign to spill out the details. Balloons can just mean a party to strangers....but knowing me I'll forget anyway, lol.
  • When we had DD, we lived in an apartment on the top floor, and ours was tucked back from the road.  Even our door was tucked back from where everyone parked.  DH put a balloon outside our door when DD came.  This time, we live in a house, on a fairly busy road, and we just moved here.  All the neighbors know I'm pregnant.  I don't think we will be putting out anything out this time. 
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"