2nd Trimester

New belly rub avoidance technique

So I'm standing in the toy aisle at Target, trying to find a birthday present for my nephew, when this lady approaches me and starts asking me when I'm due (strike one - I'm just starting to show, but I feel like it's more fat than anything as I was pretty thick pre pregnancy).  As I'm answering her, trying not to sound annoyed, she reaches out and starts rubbing the top of my stomach (between my boobs and belly button).  I stop mid sentence and inform her that what she's actually rubbing for luck are my internal organs amd that Baby is located below my belly button.

Her face turned ghost white, she muttered something incomprehensible, and walked away.  I'm definitley going to have to use that one again.

waiting on our little monster

<a href="http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/mrsoh/?action=view

Re: New belly rub avoidance technique

• I love it. LOVE IT!
  • It's at times like those when I wish I could fart on command.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • LOL!!  That is epic.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • I've actually thought about telling one person that. Why do people think that the baby is automatically your whole friggin' belly? It's not a whoppee cushion, people!
  • What I really don't get is the feeling that it's perfectly acceptable and appropriate to touch a stranger without being invited to.  Snark and attitude are the only appropriate responses to such an advance.
    waiting on our little monster

<a href="http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/mrsoh/?action=view
  • I just throw myself on the ground and claim I saw a quarter when I see hands coming at me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemichavid:
    It's at times like those when I wish I could fart on command.

This exactly!!!  I am actually already annoyed about the prospect of everyone rubbing my belly at my shower next weekend!!  My DH's aunt does it and doesn't even acknowledge me!  

• Why do people think they can touch us?! SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!

I would have told her "excuse me? Do I know you? Why are you touching me!"  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker

imageimage

• I'm going to start asking people why they are rubbing my belly. I'll just play dumb and tell them that I'm not pregnant, I just had an all you can eat buffet for lunch.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• imagemandaree:
    I'm going to start asking people why they are rubbing my belly. I'll just play dumb and tell them that I'm not pregnant, I just had an all you can eat buffet for lunch.

This one if fun to use..a woman assaulted my stomach and asked when I was due..I asked her what she was talking about, and said I'm just fat..she RAN away...MWAH AHHAHAHA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • haha. Thats awesome!! I'm definately doing that one. They won't know what to say. lol
  • Lol I am going to use the "what I am not pregnant line" if I am ever touched by anyone but my mom or S/O, especially random people at the grocery store.

Someone else told me to grab their boob if it was a lady or their balls if was a guy. Then just act all innocent if they seem suprised.

I was way freaked out by this before we even thought about TTC but it hasn't been nearly as bad as I thought. I hate space invaders and I do not like to be touched by anyone but my S/O.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • OMG Yes.. Do they not understand it's fat they are touching, not baby?!?! I wish I was fast enough to stop my coworker this afternoon from petting my fat... b/c right now that's all it is.. I would NEVER go up to a random person and start touching them... I don't get people!! 

IMG_7454 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I haven't gotten to use this yet, because so far people have been kind enough to ask before touching my belly, however my plan is that if someone just reaches out without asking, I'm simply going to reach out and touch theirs back!
  • imagea*b*b*y:
    I haven't gotten to use this yet, because so far people have been kind enough to ask before touching my belly, however my plan is that if someone just reaches out without asking, I'm simply going to reach out and touch theirs back!

I look forward to doing this. I honestly don't even like when my husband touches my stomach without asking me first... he reached out and actually poked me today! without asking. I just kind of glared at him.

Phoenix - August 19, 2006
    Avery - March 16, 2011

Things to avoid during pregnancy: Eye contact with cats. Cats will suck the burgeoning life right out of you, using their infamous feline mind-powers. Avert your eyes, and move along.

FACT: 1 in 10 people are said to be a carrier of Listeria. Therefore you should avoid all shopping malls, grocery stores and busy street corners for the duration of your pregnancy. Or microwave anyone you contact until steaming, just to be safe.
  • imagepenguin-kisses:

imagea*b*b*y:
    I haven't gotten to use this yet, because so far people have been kind enough to ask before touching my belly, however my plan is that if someone just reaches out without asking, I'm simply going to reach out and touch theirs back!

I look forward to doing this. I honestly don't even like when my husband touches my stomach without asking me first... he reached out and actually poked me today! without asking. I just kind of glared at him.

My husband actually offers my stomach up for people to kiss ("go ahead - kiss the baby. Have you kissed the baby yet?") I started to offer up his junk for people to kiss - he got the point real quick.

• I have faked sneezed on people before during my last pregnancy to avoid their hands. I hate it. Nothing like spewing a bunch of germs on them to make them stop and walk way.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Awesome!!! and so true!
  • BEAUTIFUL!

I'm dreading the day someone tries to touch me. I like my space. Only my close friends and DH have touched my tummy... And I won't be happy when it is no longer that way :S

Vote on my Baby Names here!
    VOTE on my Name List
    Surprise! Baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"