Health & Exercise

How much weight did you gain and then lose right after birth?

I've gained 36lbs and wonder how much will be gone when I deliver.  Hopefully at least 12!

Re: How much weight did you gain and then lose right after birth?

• I gained 12 lbs and lost them all when I gave birth. I lost 18 lbs more during the next few weeks and I am still at that same weight now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I gained 20 lbs and had lost 10 by the time I got home from the hospital. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I gained 12lbs on my due date, The day I gave birth I had only gained 10.

PP 7 weeks I  have lost 27 lbs.. I am still NOT happy!!!! I want to lose 21 more lbs!!! My belly is still soft and not how it was before I had Aubree.

• I gained 15 lbs with the baby, and lost a total of 30 two weeks after having him.  I didnt do anything special . . . but my mom said the same thing happened to her after all three of her pregnancies. It hasnt come back and our son is six months old.
  • I gained 13 pounds while pregnNt and lost 38 after birth
  • I gained 40lbs and lost 10 or so the first week. 
  • I gained 26lb during pregnancy and lost only 8lb when I got home.  Although, they had pumped me with lots of liquids while I was in the hospital (lost too much blood), so I lost a lot of that water as soon as I got home.  I lost all my weight by 3 monhts without doing anything but breastfeeding and walking with DD.  I started running 3 months pp, and lost another 5-7 lbs.
  • I gained 32lbs with my first and 40 with my second, I lost around 17-18lbs right away with both.
  • I gained 35 and lost 20 in the first week.  By 4 months I was at pre-pregnancy weight and by 6 I was about 7lbs under.
  • I gained 28 and 32 lbs. respectively and lost most of it by the time I was home from the hospital.

I also had big kids, 8 lbs. 15 oz. and 9 lbs. 12 oz.

imageimage Ashley Sawtelle Photography
  • I gained about 55 pounds (my mom and sis gained 50-60 in their pregnancies too - we all became very swollen). I exercised until about 34 weeks and ate carefully until the last 4 weeks or so. I would have been a blimp if I hadn't! Anyway, I'm currently 1 week postpartum and have lost 30 pounds. A lot of it was water weight.
  • I gained 22 lbs and I was under my pre preg weight when I first weighed myself a few days later
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• i gained 29 and lost about 10 right away. 
  • I gained 38lbs (8 in the last week, it was incredibly hot and I swelled)  Lost 19 by the end of the first week.  Only have 2 now, have since my 6 week checkup.  Doc said they will probably stay until I wean DD but I have other ideas Big Smile
  • I started at 147 before I got pregnant, dropped to 143 from morning sickness, then at the end I was right around 170. About a week after I gave birth, I was 152 lbs. Most of my gain was swelling, baby, etc. GL.
  • I gained 45, I lost 15 immediately after... but I lost 55 lbs. by the time she was 12 weeks!  I am 10 lbs. down from my pre-pregnancy weight and was never really a big girl (5'2'', now 110 lbs).  For me, BFing and lots of walking totally melted it right off me.  I am not BFing anymore and haven't in 2 months, still at the same weight and not gaining!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"