Babies: 0 - 3 Months

S/O Ghost Poll: Ghostly Encounters?

Ever have a ghostly encounter? Do tell!

Re: S/O Ghost Poll: Ghostly Encounters?

• Ok, I'll go first:

I grew up in a circa 1880 house that was split up into 4 apartments.  My family and my paternal grandparents had the 2 1st floor apartments.

I was about 4 or 5 years old when my parents ripped up the carpet in my bedroom to reveal the original, wide-plank hardwood flooring.  About a month after the carpet was taken up, I was awake in bed and it was really late...my parents had been in bed for a while.  The headboard of my bed was situated against the wall between my bedroom door and my closet door. 

The closet door had the original iron latch instead of a knob.  I always closed it tightly because our cat would climb around in the closet and generally make a mess. 

Well that night that I lay awake in bed, I could hear the closet door unlatch and creak open a bit.  I looked over and noticed that it was open maybe 2".  My child's mind figured that the cat had just pushed the door open and let herself out of the closet.

Except for the fact that I heard heavy footsteps walking around my bed and out through my bedroom door.  And the footsteps sounded like they were padding across carpet, not hardwood. 

And the fact that the cat was sleeping by my side the entire time. 

To this day, I repeatedly check to see if the closet door (or any door) is firmy closed and latched in any room that I sleep in.  DH thinsk I'm absolutely crazy because of it. (I personally think he just gets pissy because if its dark, I make him go check all the doors. *LOL*)

• Loading the player...
  • Damn! Someone beat me to this while I was typing it up.

* akiernan pouts

• *L* Yes.

I've got nothing pressing at work and I can't leave yet. :-P

• can't say I have, but have to say that there is a room at my mother's that NO ONE will sleep in. Even guests have asked to sleep on the couch, and it's a really nice guest room, with a cal king bed even! There's just something about it that's creepy...
  • Mine isn't really scary but my grandpa died when I was a junior in high school. As I was driving home after school, my mom called that he was in the hospital and if I wanted to say goodbye I should do soon very soon. I ran home to get my clothes for practice and ran back to the hospital. I left to go to practice and while there, I was doing a stunt (cheering) that I had done a MILLION times before but this time landed flat on my_ass. I stood up and had intense goose bumps and a weird feeling come over me. I looked at the clock and it was 4:07..... I all the sudden told the coach I had to go something felt weird, went straight to the hospital (almost 2 hours before I said I would be back) and my mom was standing at the elevator door waiting for me, again I was almost 2 hours early, so how did she know I was coming????. HE had passed away at 4:07 in room 407. On the way home I was crying and was saying please let me know you are fine and in heaven and everything is fine... all the sudden I smelled his cologne very very strong in my car and I said so this means you are ok, and it went away as fast as it came....

I have goose bumps and tears in my eyes tying this even after 9 years! And it will be 9 years in one week

TTC #3 with PCOS. Long cycles, ovulate about 4-5 times a year Married 6/9/07 DS 7/15/08 Met RE 12/08 DD 6/2/10
  • Mrs.frank:  Along the same lines, my grandmother dies of lung cancer after smoking her entire life.

Sometimes I will walk into a room where I know no one has been smoking, ever, and I will still smell traces of cigarette smoke (no one I know smokes anymore).  I know its my Gram. :)

• Whats really weird is that my grandmother passed away in 2004 and she and I were very very close. She was ful blooded Irish, had the bluest blue eyes and always wanted a red headed child. After 4 boys never got one. DS has her blue eyes (me and DH have really dark eyes) but his are very deep blue and the pedi says she swears they will stay blue bc of how deep blue they are, and his hair has a red tint to it.... I swear my grandma is making him have red hair and blue eyes :) And I am ok with it, she finally is getting her red head!
    TTC #3 with PCOS. Long cycles, ovulate about 4-5 times a year Married 6/9/07 DS 7/15/08 Met RE 12/08 DD 6/2/10
  • akiernan-that's interesting because when you renovate old homes it triggers things.  It's a very common.

I've been on lots of investigations of haunted places. The most interesting thing that I've experienced was at Moon River Brewery in Savanna.  I was on an investigation with Patrick from TRU TV's Haunting Evidence. We were sitting in the basement talking in the pitch black when out of nowhere a ball of light appeared, moved a few feet in an arc and then disappeared.

I went back to Moon River and in one of the rooms someone on the previous investigation said she saw 3 shadows on the wall and there was only 2 people in the room. I took tons of pics of that room and in of them there's a shadow in the corner the picture. It wasn't the strap from my camera because I've taken pics with the strap, rain, dust, and bugs so I know what those look like. Sometimes people think they have an orb but is not.

• My grandpa died and my mom and aunt inherited his house. My cousin moved into it with her family (her DH and their LO's, aged 1 and 3 at the time) shortly after his death. Since they've moved in, a few strange things have happened.

1) A cabinet that my grandpa ?had painted shut 30 years prior was pried open in the middle of the night

2) Their bedroom lights are flipped on in the middle of the night (switch and everything, cousin sleeps in my gpa's old room)

3) My cousin washed her DD's doll in the evening while her DD slept. Cousin put it in the washer and was home alone with her 1 y/o. She went to put it in the dryer and the doll was sitting up on the open door of the dryer.

They're okay with the face that my gpa is still living there with him.?

image DD and I. DD: 6/22/2008. DS: 6/22/2013
  • I lived in a haunted house.  Toilets flushing in the middle of the night.  Footsteps clicking as something paced up and town the kitchen floor.  Plants swaying in the breeze (despite no heat, a/c or open windows), etc.  It wasn't even an old house...built in the 70s.  It was very scary and I had hard time sleeping there.  We finally had our pastor come pray over the house and the ghost(s) went away.
  • KittenGator:  That doll thing would freak me right the _fuck out.

Seriously.

• To add to ?pp..

My gpa (different gpa than in my other post) wasn't dying or anything, he was just very old, so his death was anticipated but we weren't sure whether his impending death would be the next day or the next year.?

One day in class I got overwhelmingly sick for no good reason, to the point where I had to walk out of class and leave. When I got home, I saw my mom and knew immediately what happened.

• I've never had an encounter, but my ex was an archeologist and always came back from the Andes with a ghost story or two.  His team learned to always say a ritual whenever they dug up a body, or weird stuff would happen!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ooh, I have a good story. It isn't mine, it's an ex's family story.

My ex-bf's mom had a ghost that would follow her wherever she lives. When my ex and his sister were little (about 8 and 10) they were in the kitchen with their mom when kitchen utensils started flying out of the drawers at their mom. Their mom was lifted up and slammed against the fridge, right in front of their eyes.

After the commotion stop, they called their pastor down the street to do an exorcism on their house. He arrived, entered the house, turned very pale and left! Now THAT is scary!!?

• Maybe your ex's mom was the debil! ;-)
  • KittenGator-  You have some pretty freaky stories.
  • imageakiernan:
    Maybe your ex's mom was the debil! ;-)

bwa ha ha! Maybe that would 'splain her red, glowing eyes and spiked tail??

• When we first moved into our house, every morning when DH would leave for work I would "hear"/"feel" footsteps coming toward my side of the bed.  Then I would feel something pushing me down into the bed.  Like someone was pushing on your chest.  This would happen about 3 or 4 time and then it would go away.  One morning I finally made DH go in every room and look in every closet and it never happened again. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKittenGator:

3) My cousin washed her DD's doll in the evening while her DD slept. Cousin put it in the washer and was home alone with her 1 y/o. She went to put it in the dryer and the doll was sitting up on the open door of the dryer.

holy.shit. fvck that.

• imagemamamoos:
    imageKittenGator:

holy.shit. fvck that.

Um, yeah.  I would seriously throw the doll away.  Or give it away.  Whatever. 

There would be no creepy_ass dolls in my house. Ever. 

• I rarely post on here but I had to contribute my stories..

When I was working at an ice rink I was with a bunch of figure skating students in the lunchroom and they were playing with a ouija board.  They were trying to contact Wally, who had broke his neck and died at the rink.  All of a sudden they got freaked out and ran out of the room.  Then when it was time for me to go home it was really hot outside, like in the mid-90s,  so I rolled down the window to my car.  When I was about 5 miles away from the rink all of a sudden I felt cold and felt a cold hand grab my shoulder. I was so freaked out b/c there is no way my car could have been cold b/c it was so hot out.

Then later when I was at home for a couple of hours I was in my bathroom putting mascara on and all of a sudden the water turned on full blast by itself.  I screamed at the top of my lungs and ran out there.  My mom told me to take back whatever ghost came home w/ me.  I ended up going back to the rink an hour later for my own skating lessons..and Wally never bothered me again.

Also, when I was a college student  my roommates and I knew our apt. was haunted. We had heard a homeless man died where our apt. complex was.  Stuff would happen all the time in our apt.  Lights would turn on and off, radios would turn on and change stations, our ceiling fan would turn on and off by itself.  I also took a picture of my roommate one day and when I got the pic developed and this plasma-type stuff looked like it was dripping from the ceiling.

Also, when my uncle mysteriously died... for a few weeks after his death our family pictures would be knocked off our table and also an impression of someone sitting was on my parent's bed and it was soaking wet (he drowned in a river).  At my grandparent's house too a bunch of family pictures were frequently knocked off their walls.

Just crazy stuff.. I never believed in ghosts until too many things started happening.  Now I'm addicted to shows like Ghost Hunters. I'd love to go on an investigation sometime but I'm waaay too chickens**t. LOL

• imageakiernan:
    imagemamamoos:
    imageKittenGator:

holy.shit. fvck that.

?

Um, yeah.? I would seriously throw the doll away.? Or give it away.? Whatever.?

There would be no creepy_ass dolls in my house. Ever.?

It was her daughter's favorite "I can't sleep without it" doll. She knew it was just my deceased grandpa moving it, so it didn't bother her.?

• imageKittenGator:

holy.shit. fvck that.

• SportsChiquita- 90% of the time nothing happens on investigations.Ghost Hunters has events where you can investigate with them.  They're really nice. 

Ghostock is in Salem this spring. If you're a novice ghost hunter they pair you up with people who are experienced. I'll loan you an EMF. DH and I will be there. It's alot of fun.

• imageKittenGator:
    imageakiernan:
    imagemamamoos:
    imageKittenGator:

holy.shit. fvck that.

Um, yeah.  I would seriously throw the doll away.  Or give it away.  Whatever. 

There would be no creepy_ass dolls in my house. Ever. 

It was her daughter's favorite "I can't sleep without it" doll. She knew it was just my deceased grandpa moving it, so it didn't bother her. 

Yes, but still.  Couldn't they politely inform Grampa that, while they love him a lot, the doll-moving thing freaks people out?  ;)

• wow, don't know why that posted twice....haunted computer!
  • miniko-

That would be awesome!!  I would love to go on an investigation w/ Ghost Hunters.  Ghostock sounds fun too. That would be interesting to get paired up w/ exp. ghost hunters.  I have a feeling I would freak out and run if something happened..even though I'm so intrigued by it all. LOL  I would like to go to Eastern State Penitentiary (which I live somewhat close to) and also Gettysburg too. 

• SportsCiquita-Darkness Radio does trips with Ghost Hunters. The person in charge is Dave. He's super funny. He usually attends Ghostock. I've never done one of his trips. 

• miniko-

Thanks a lot for the info!  I will def. check into it.  Do you know how much Ghostock costs?

• SportsChiquita-I don't know all the details yet.  The organizer is Patrick Burns who stars on Haunting Evidence. I saw him at DragonCon 2 months ago and he just mentioned that it's in Salem this spring.  His website is Ghosthounds.com and he also will post info on his myspace if you go that site. When I get the info I'll page you.

There's also a girlie group, Ghost Chicks, they do all inclusive trips to Myrtles Plantation and Casadaga. 

• miniko-

that's very cool how you met Patrick from Haunting Evidence!  I like watching that show too.   Thanks for all the info!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"