Single Parents
Options

custody question

i'm just wondering how any BF moms shared custody for the first year of LO's life?  In the first few months, it wont be much of a problem since DH lives in another state but when he finally does move, he will still be about 7 hours away from us... so visits will most likely be over night. So i'm just a little worried. Thanks.

Sometimes it's okay to follow. (Picture is a clicky)
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: custody question

• Options

I would be extremely surprised if your ex got overnight visits at all until at least a year and a half.

Seems pretty normal to wait until 18 months old, even if the father lives 5min away.

• Options
    imagebethlhurn:

I would be extremely surprised if your ex got overnight visits at all until at least a year and a half.

Seems pretty normal to wait until 18 months old, even if the father lives 5min away.

i had no idea! thank you!

Sometimes it's okay to follow. (Picture is a clicky)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    He never got overnights until she was well over a year old.  And even now, they  are far and few between.
  • Options

I was told that custody was a non-issue while breastfeeding.  XH had three hour visits three times a week while I was BF.  I was present during the visits. 

This situation may have been different because XH is an addict and he had to have supervised visits.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"