Northern California Babies
Options

Hey Sacramento gals

We are doing a weekend away with out the child and heading to Sac. So any recomendations on things we must check out or good Mexican restuarants or anything? We are thinking of Old Town and not sure where else, Sutters fort, California history museum or ??

Kristin

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hey Sacramento gals

• Options

If you're here after 10/10, the new Crocker Art Museum will be open.  I'm excited to see it myself :) 

https://www.crockerartmuseum.org/

I don't know great Mexican, but Thai Basil is a great Thai restaurant on  J Street.

Have fun! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This weekend, Saturday afternoon to sunday.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hey!  Sorry I didn't respond to you on fb, I've been meaning to!

Old Sac is fun, touristy though, I wouldn't eat there, it's overpriced and not fantastic.  There's a fun bar there called Fanny Anns that has good reasonably priced burgers for lunch or whatever, and/or you can also get a drink out on the patio of one of the restaurants by the river and overlook the river and Tower Bridge.

For Mexican, my fave in Sac is Ernestos (I think it's 16th and S).  Super fun place.  There also Zacolo on 17th and Capitol but I don't like it as well as I do Ernestos.  For good live music and drinks in the evening check out the Torch Club (divey but fun) on 15th between I and J.  Awesome place and would be my choice for a date night!

There's also a really cool coffeeshop/bakery called Old Soul in the alley that goes down the middle of the block bewteen Capitol, L Street, 17th, and 18th.  It's a big wherehouse with couches and tables and they bake pastires and roast the coffee right there in front of you.  Very "slow food" Sacramento foodie crowd, love hanging out there on weekend mornings!  In fact, I may be there on Sunday!

Have so much fun and give us a full report!!

H ;) 

The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagekbrodie06:
    This weekend, Saturday afternoon to sunday.

Oh, sorry!  I wasn't sure if you were planning for a weekend away in a few weeks or something.  Glad Heather has given some great ideas, have a great time!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have no advice - I rarely if ever go into Sac.  If it's a kid-included weekend, be sure to check out the train museum in old town. And of course Fairytale town and/or the zoo.
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    Mmm...I agree, Zocolos or Ernestos for dinner.
  • Options

Zocolos is my fav Mexican, its a little 'fancy' and can be a scene, but its super fun, and the margs are out of control!!

If you're looking for yummy, fun cocktails, check out Scandal Bar in the Citizen Hotel, yummy!

Old Town is cool, and John and i actually really enjoyed the CA History Museum in Old Town, but we're nerds :) Also, on Sunday morning you can go see Stef in her first half marathon in Land Park!

**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Options
    I echo the Ernesto's recommendation for Mexican. So yummy. There's also a Mexican restaurant in Old Sac that I really like. I think it's called La Terraza or something (I just know it means the terrace in Spanish, lol). You could always head down to Clarksburg for some wine tasting at the Old Sugar Mill and at Bogle (I know it's not techincally in Sac, but it's a nice drive and only about 20 minutes from downtown.
  • Options

Mexican- Zocolos or Ernestos

Sushi- Mikuni

Breakfast/lunch: Crepeville

Dessert: Rick's Dessert Diner 

Favorite places to go dancing: The Park, Faces 

Favorite Museums: Crocker,  Railroad, Capital.

ETA: This weekend is the 13th annual Sac Arts Festival 

https://www.newsreview.com/sacramento/13th_annual_sacramento_arts_festival/local/Calendar?oid=1764910

Have fun!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"