Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Yep, I give up

DD woke up at 6:30 this morning - I've been trying to get her down for a nap since about 8....it's now 3 PM.  All she has done all day is fuss, rub her eyes, and nurse.  If she does fall asleep she wakes literally 2 minutes later no matter if she's still nursing, we're still rocking, in the car, etc.  The only time she's not crying is when the boob is in her mouth.  At this point even if she does fall asleep I have to wake her by 5 or 6 or she won't sleep tonight!  What a waste of a day.  I have her next to me on the couch right now because often she'll fall asleep on her own that way, but she's just looking at me and fussing.  Ugh.  Off to start the cycle over again.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Yep, I give up

• DD was like that one day. I hate to say it, but nothing I did that day made her sleep or stop fussing. I asked for help on here and people said she may have been overstimulated. She finally took a bottle around 10:30 that night and went to sleep. She hasn't been that way again since.

If you get too frustrated, give her to DH for a little while and take a break. I did that and I felt much better. I hope you figure something out soon! GL!

DD {6.13.10} & DS {5.19.12}
  • I've been going through the exact same thing today with DS!  He will fall asleep when I hold him, but as soon as I put him down in his crib he wakes up crying and then won't fall back asleep.  I finally just held him while he slept and he slept for an hour but then woke up crying and has been fussy ever since.  Nothing makes him happy.  It's so frustrating.  I had a to do list for myself today and haven't done a thing on it!  Oh well, maybe tomorrow will be better?
    image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh I'm so sorry.

Sophia has actually taken two 45 minute naps today but it has been pure hell getting her down to take them. I'm about to start trying for nap number 3, here we go again! GL, I hope she falls asleep soon for you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekimandhuck:

I asked for help on here and people said she may have been overstimulated.

This used to happen with DS all the time. Try just going into a quit room turning the lights down and maybe playing some soft music and nurse LO. Hopefully not having a lot to look around at will help sooth her. Good luck!
  • Awe :(  We knew we missed you at Barnes and Nobles this morning.  Rohan's pulling close to the same thing today.  She's only taken 2 45 minute naps today, which means tonight's bound to be a screaming nightmare.  She was like this a few days ago and I just laid her down with me on the couch, in the dark quiet leaving room and nursed until she fell asleep, quickly swapped the nipple for the paci and slowly walked out of the room.  She slept for about two hours after that.  :)  Good luck with the rest of your evening.  The plus side is there's nothing better to do than curl up with the lo on this icky evening.
  • Sounds like this is a theme today! DD woke up at 6:30 and hasonly taken 2, 30 min naps! I feel like all I have done all day is tried to get her to sleep!! Maybe there is a full moon tonight or something! Right now she is in her swing because I am desperate! Hope tomorrow is better for us all!
  • she might be teething!

i know for a fact this is not what you want to hear, but if she is your only one...let yourself relax with her...let her nurse all day if she has to.

I wish i could have that one day back when it was just me and my oldest. i had a couple days like you are describing, and I wish i would have taken advantage of the nursing (and burning of calories) and just chillled as much as i could have...now there is no chilling on my agenda :)

• imagekimandhuck:

DD was like that one day. I hate to say it, but nothing I did that day made her sleep or stop fussing. I asked for help on here and people said she may have been overstimulated. She finally took a bottle around 10:30 that night and went to sleep. She hasn't been that way again since.

If you get too frustrated, give her to DH for a little while and take a break. I did that and I felt much better. I hope you figure something out soon! GL!

Well, 10:30 must be a magic hour because that's when she was awake to.  I really hope she STAYS asleep :/  I pretty much nursed her constantly all day and all night, not one of my favorite days.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"