Babies: 0 - 3 Months

My little guy has not been the same

since his shots on Friday.  The first 24 hours I expected to be pretty bad but he just hasn't been himself since.  He has been a lot more cranky and fussy.  I am really hoping the shots coincided with some sort of growth spurt but I kind of doubt it.  My son has never acted like this for more than a few hours at a time but it's been going on for 4 days now.  Did this happen to anyone else after the shots?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My little guy has not been the same

• My DD was the same way. I think her legs just got super sore and it interfered with her ability to sleep as well. She's just like her mommy in that she bruised from the shots and that probably made the hurt last longer.
  • I have no experience or advice to offer, but now I'm worried about my own LO's shots on Friday.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageanmorgan32:
    I have no experience or advice to offer, but now I'm worried about my own LO's shots on Friday.

same here. i've been dreading them and he's getting them today at 11. 

Lucas Edward | Aiden Anthony
                07.30.10          08.17.12           
  • imagekimmyt09:

imageanmorgan32:
    I have no experience or advice to offer, but now I'm worried about my own LO's shots on Friday.

same here. i've been dreading them and he's getting them today at 11. 

Don't stress. Not every baby reacts the same way. DS was a little fussy until we got home and he ate. Then he took a nap and woke up totally fine.

OP- You might call your pedi in case LO is having some kind of unseen reaction.

Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • Yep, my girls were the same.  They had a small reaction to one of the shots I think because on top of the usual soreness, they got really congested.  Because their noses were stuffy they didn't sleep well and they were super fussy from their shots on a Friday until the following Tuesday. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It takes about a wk or so for them to go back to normal.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My DD just got her 2 month shots 2 days ago on Sunday, and she was in pain for 2 days.  She would wake up crying like she was scared or something every few hours.  Now she's much better but she's still very fussy and doesn't want to be put down at all.

• Yes, my son had his shots on Friday too and on Saturday he felt warm in the evening so I took his temp and it was 101.2.  At 5 the next morning it was 102.5.  Tylenol brought his temp down but he wasn't himself until today finally!  Yesterday he only spiked a temp around 4 pm. and by this morning he is his normal smiley self.  When he wasn't feeling well he only wanted me and he only wanted to nurse so that is what I did pretty much all weekend!  I called the pedi on Sat to let him know about the fever and he told me not to worry that it is common with 2 month shots.  I have two other kids and they never got a fever from shots so I was worried. 

Hopefully your little man will be back to himself today too.

• Yep.  He got his shots on Friday and he barely ate all weekend.  He slept a lot and was very cranky.  He is still sleepy today (according to the webcam at daycare) but seems to slowly be returning to normal.
    Daisypath Christmas tickers imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Missed miscarriage 12/26/11 at 12 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"