2nd Trimester

How much Tylenol?

Anyone know how many doses of regular strength Tylenol tablets a pregnant woman can take in one day? I have a horrible headache that started about 24 hours ago. I took two Tylenol around 4pm yesterday and two more at 10pm. I haven't taken any more yet. The label says "do not exceed 12 tablets in a 24 hour period", but I don't know if this rule applies for pregnant woman...I would think it's probably less. Thoughts?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: How much Tylenol?

• i dont know if this aplies but when i asked my doc about bendryl she just said to follow directions on the bottle and that would be fine. I was having issues sleeping with my allergies and didnt wanna take too much.  Good luck with your headache!
  • Thanks! I'm thinking about going ahead and taking another dose at 1pm. I figure that's a long time span since the last dose.
  • Loading the player...
  • My doctor said follow the directions on the bottle. Also, you can take extra strenght if the the regular stuff isn't helping.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Just go by the bottle. I know how you feel. Since I've hit my second trimester, I have had a horrible headache at least once a day. Tylonal is all that will get rid of it. The no medicine techniques haven't worked and I'm worried about taking so much medicine. I hate medicine, but I've also heard its bad for you to led headaches go on too long. any suggestions?

• imageBritters7607:

Just go by the bottle. I know how you feel. Since I've hit my second trimester, I have had a horrible headache at least once a day. Tylonal is all that will get rid of it. The no medicine techniques haven't worked and I'm worried about taking so much medicine. I hate medicine, but I've also heard its bad for you to led headaches go on too long. any suggestions?

• imageBritters7607:

Just go by the bottle. I know how you feel. Since I've hit my second trimester, I have had a horrible headache at least once a day. Tylonal is all that will get rid of it. The no medicine techniques haven't worked and I'm worried about taking so much medicine. I hate medicine, but I've also heard its bad for you to led headaches go on too long. any suggestions?

Caffeine is supposed to be another headache remedy. If your'e not opposed to coffee, have a small cup (6oz-8oz) or a can of Coke or Pepsi. Of course I drank a cup of coffee this morning thinking it may help and it didn't.

• My dr said no more than 8 extra strength a day.
  • Call your doctor and see if you can take advil.  Mine said advil was ok until I reached 7 months.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"