Babies on the Brain

Anyone know...

how to get wax off a glass top table?  It got so hot here a few weeks ago that two citronella candles boiled over on our patio table.  Now the wax is everywhere.  We tried a hose stream, dishsoap, a razor, Windex, and Simple Green cleaner.  Any other ideas?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone know...

• Reheat and wipe off once you've chipped most of it off.You can also try GooGone, I think it should help get any left over residue as well.
  • Oh! Ask StarAnnice how she got crayon off her window. I think it was Magic Eraser.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMama_SAS:
    Oh! Ask StarAnnice how she got crayon off her window. I think it was Magic Eraser.

Haha!  Crayon on a window... my kid will never do that, right?  RIGHT?!?!

We'll try reheating it.  I don't think the magic eraser will work, but I can always try... have a few of em laying around.

• If heat doesn't work, I'd try to figure out how to freeze it. The only way I can think to do it is put a bowl of ice upside down over the wax (like trap the ice on around the wax with the bowl). Then let it sit there for a while, and if it gets cold enough, the wax should pop right off. I think the heat will work, though.
    JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageDanikat15:

imageMama_SAS:
    Oh! Ask StarAnnice how she got crayon off her window. I think it was Magic Eraser.

Haha!  Crayon on a window... my kid will never do that, right?  RIGHT?!?!

We'll try reheating it.  I don't think the magic eraser will work, but I can always try... have a few of em laying around.

Yeah, I'd only try it for any residue, not for clumps of wax. KWIM? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ah yes, will definitely try it on the residue if we get to that point.  And I honestly never thought of freezing it either.  But then again, I didn't think that 100+ weather would boil over candles.

• Try freezing it with an ice-cube/ice pack. Wax gets really brittle when it's cold and will usually break off of whatever it's stuck to.
  • imageakalutts:
    Reheat and wipe off once you've chipped most of it off.You can also try GooGone, I think it should help get any left over residue as well.

This

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"