Parenting after 35
Options

Matty signs when his diaper needs to be changed!!

At first I thought it was a fluke but now he is signing when he pees or poops.  And well sometimes when it is just a stinky fart.  But last night when my friend was over to help with Matt (while I am still an infectious pool of germs) he signed to her diaper and she checked and he had peed!!

I am hoping that this is a good sign he will be ready to be potty trained earlier rather than later.

Re: Matty signs when his diaper needs to be changed!!

• Options
    Okay, that is AWESOME!  Great job, Matty!!
  • Options
    If he can make that connection then, it seems to me, he may be ready for potty training. You never know! WTG, Matty!
    Robby's Blog

Momma Bear
    Big - 1 year old
    Bigger - 6 years old
    Biggest - 13 years old

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's awesome. What are the signs for those? Last night when DS was up for the second time, I realized the hand waving in my face was signing for milk.
  • Options
    That's so cool!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Amy, I am so impressed! Matty is super smart!
  • Options

imageMango2:
    That's awesome. What are the signs for those? Last night when DS was up for the second time, I realized the hand waving in my face was signing for milk.

It is basically pointing to your hips (like the diaper tabs). Like every sign Matt has warped it a little so he hits his chest.

• Options

LOL! You should see Liam pound his fists together for more. You'd think I was starving my 26 lb 15 month old!

I'm definitely teaching him the diaper change sign!

• Options

What is the sign for poop? Holding the nose? LOL That is fantastic. He does alot of signing doesn't he?

Sienna says peepee. Usually after she has a poop & I clean her up I'll let her run around naked for a little while. A few times already she stopped dead in her tracks & said peepee just as she started to pee. I have her potty in the bathroom and she sits on it a couple times a day, sometimes with clothes, sometimes without. A few times she actually peed in it, which was pure luck. I don't pressure her, usually when naked we'll grab a book & I'll sit on the floor & read to her while she's on the potty.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"