1st Trimester
Options

LIVID!!

This is a positive pregnancy test, right??

I have taken 5, various brands, and all with light lines that have been getting darker over the week (just like with my last pregnancy).  I went to my family practitioner for my yearly physical today and he AND the nurse told me I am NOT pregnant!!  The line was at least that dark and he said that means "negative"!  

He also asked me where I was in my cycle and I said day 32 and he said that I am not even late yet!

I was shaking and trying not to cry.  This is how women end up on "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant".  

Needless to say, I laid out another $15 and went home and took this test pictured above.  I have to wait for the blood test results and although I am pretty positive I am pregnant, I am so terrified he will say he was right.

ARGH!!!! 

image Liam Henry: 9/5/09 Emmeline Claire: 5/23/11

Re: LIVID!!

• Options
    Your doctor is a moron.
  • Options

Also, point of reference:

Notice very faint to darker than control line. And the betas were very positive w/ the faint line.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageambrandau2:
    Your doctor is a moron.

I second this.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    That is a BFP, all my test looked like that when I took it and I was late. You are pregnant. Your doctor, I am sure will come back after the blood test and say that you were right. If not then he's a jerk for not saying that he was wrong.
    Mom of 3 (Ginny 4 yrs old), (Miles 2 yrs old), and (Mason due June 15th) 
  • Options

imageambrandau2:
    Your doctor is a moron.

I agree.  That's what mine looked like!

Gunnar is my IVF miracle...after 4 years of TTC...Two cycles of IVF...Our little dude blessed us with his birth...I thank God everyday for him. Lilypie First Birthday tickers PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • Options

imageambrandau2:
    Your doctor is a moron.

I KNOW!  We just moved here recently and I will NEVER go back to him again.  I would have walked out, but I wanted to get the blood test after he made me doubt myself.

He was also upset that I was already having another baby already (my son just turned a year).  He said I should have waited 2 years because of my c-section. 

• Options
    I'd be pissed too. Did you see a family practice doc with your first child? Maybe it's time for an OB clinic if that's an option!
    Drew Isaiah: hypertension, induction, labor, emergency c/s. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Owen Anders: labor (natural onset), failed VBAC, emergency c/s. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagejanice74:

imageambrandau2:
    Your doctor is a moron.

I KNOW!  We just moved here recently and I will NEVER go back to him again.  I would have walked out, but I wanted to get the blood test after he made me doubt myself.

He was also upset that I was already having another baby already (my son just turned a year).  He said I should have waited 2 years because of my c-section. 

He sounds very old fashioned and not up on current medical realities (and apparently modern HPTs as well).

Def. go to someone else.

• Options

If you don't want to wait for the blood work to come back, try taking a digital!

Either way, that looks positive to me! Good luck and keep us updated!

~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • Options

imageBellaKelsey:
    I'd be pissed too. Did you see a family practice doc with your first child? Maybe it's time for an OB clinic if that's an option!

As I said, we just moved here.  I already have an appointment set up with a very reputable OB when I am 8 weeks pregnant.  I just happened to have a physical scheduled for today.  I just feel like I won't believe it now until I SEE the baby in the first u/s.  

• Options

Congrats, you are pregnant and that doctor is an idiot.

And lots of people get pregnant less than two years after a c/s.  You will be just fine :)

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

You're doctor is a D*ck.  A line is a line.  I really hope you go somewhere else and he better apologize when the results come back.

Did he seriously look at a pee stick with two lines and say you weren't pregnant? 

• Options
    imageBree4011:

You're doctor is a D*ck.  A line is a line.  I really hope you go somewhere else and he better apologize when the results come back.

Did he seriously look at a pee stick with two lines and say you weren't pregnant? 

Yup, the nurse AND the doctor both said negative.  It wasn't even faint either.  You could easily see it at arms length.   We were in the office arguing about it!

• Options

imageambrandau2:
    Your doctor is a moron.

This!

Clearly positive.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary
  • Options
    I would have lost it!!  What an idiot!!!  Glad you have an appointment with an OB set up. Your test is for sure + mine was lighter than yours, and I am definetly pregnant.

His three plus my one; we are all excited to welcome a little one!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Oh, and I'd like to add (to maybe ease your mind)  I will be having my 3rd c-section and we didn't wait 2 years to conceive between this one and the last.  My OB hasn't mentioned one word about this... I even asked her at my last visit if the scar area will hold up strong throughout the pregnancy and she said, absolutely.  Anyways, congratulations on your bfp!
  • Options

Butting in

I would contact the state medical board about this moron.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagejanice74:
    imageBree4011:

Yup, the nurse AND the doctor both said negative.  It wasn't even faint either.  You could easily see it at arms length.   We were in the office arguing about it!

I probably would've been screaming at them, waving the instructions in their face - forcing them to read it.

• Options

WTF? That is the craziest thing I have ever heard on the bump to date. you doc is a fvckin idiot. I dont even get how that is in the relm of possiblity for a doc to dissagree with a test with two lines??!!! OMG I'm livid for you!!!

Please update us. I'm so sorry. But seriously dude, you're pregnant. and a BIG EFF YOU to that asshat of a doctor you saw.

• Options

imageflamingos10:
    Oh, and I'd like to add (to maybe ease your mind)  I will be having my 3rd c-section and we didn't wait 2 years to conceive between this one and the last.  My OB hasn't mentioned one word about this... I even asked her at my last visit if the scar area will hold up strong throughout the pregnancy and she said, absolutely.  Anyways, congratulations on your bfp!

thanks!  Yeah, my OB told me after my last pregnancy that I was fine to get pregnant at a year.  This guy is a total douche and made me feel like an idiot.   He also told me that I need to watch my Blood Pressure because it was really high.  Um...well yeah, I am ready to kick you in the face!:)

• Options

I will definitely be at least reporting him to my insurance.  We will need to call to switch primary care physicians.  

I just wonder how many women he has sent home thinking they aren't pregnant.  I am still thinking it was a dream. The whole thing was just so absurd. 

• Options
    imagerobinsokj:

Butting in

I would contact the state medical board about this moron.

Absolutely this!!!!

This dr, if he can even be called that, obviously can't read or understand a HPT...scary to think that he is treating patients. I'm glad you have an appt with an OB...congrats and a H&H 9 months to you.

When I first opened this I thought you were mad you were pregnant until I scrolled down and read the rest Embarrassed

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imagejanice74:

imageflamingos10:

thanks!  Yeah, my OB told me after my last pregnancy that I was fine to get pregnant at a year.  This guy is a total douche and made me feel like an idiot.   He also told me that I need to watch my Blood Pressure because it was really high.  Um...well yeah, I am ready to kick you in the face!:)

Are you even sure he took your blood pressure right? =) 

• Options
    imageBree4011:
    imagejanice74:

imageflamingos10:

Are you even sure he took your blood pressure right? =) 

ha-ha, well he put it around my ankle, but that's normal, right??:) 

• Options

My test looked just like that. I took a digital test a few days later and it read pregnant. I also did all kinds of googling (this is my first so I wanted to be sure.) and found all sorts of results that looked like that and were confirmed positive. I say yours looks positive. Hopefully we are right!

I absolutely hate having a negative experience with a doctor. It especially sucks to start off something as special as a pregnancy on the wrong foot. I hope your blood test proves him wrong. Sending good thoughts your way. Big Smile

• Options

That is defnitely a BFP, mine looked just like that after being 2 days late.  A line is a line!!  Change doctors, the one you just saw is stupid.

On a happier note, congrats to you and wishing you a H & H 9 months. 

• Options
    Did they say why they thought it was negative?  I mean it is obvious the test picked up some HCG in your system.
  • Options

Wow.  Dumba*s physician.  Just because you have a medical degree doesn't make you smart.  I'd definitely see an OB in the future though.

• Options

imagestw_77:
    Did they say why they thought it was negative?  I mean it is obvious the test picked up some HCG in your system.

He said it needed to be a dark line and that a light line was not a positive (which is totally incorrect, BTW).  I had to explain to him that there has to be hCG present in a woman's urine in order to get a pink line.

The only way to get a false positive is if you recently had a miscarriage, you are taking hormones for infertility or you misread an evaporation line (or if you are a dumb-ass doctor and nurse who miss read tests).  I'm sure there may be some rare medical condition that could give you a false postive, but they really just don't happen.

• Options

imageambrandau2:
    Your doctor is a moron.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

• Options
    WOW!  That is ridiculous!  How could a doctor and a nurse both be so clueless?  With my crazy hormones, I probably would have cursed them out.  Maybe you should do that when they call back to say ooops we were wrong.  ;) 

Mom to Benjamin 6/2011 and Lena 5/2013; baby 3 on the way

• Options
    Get a new doctor!!!
  • Options
    You need a new doctor.
    Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

It's new doctor time.  If they can't read simple directions... there is a problem.

Mine was lighter than that when I first tested (at 9 dpo) - and a digital was positive for me.

Husband has cystic fibrosis. I'm a carrier. We did TESE, IVF, ICSI, and PGD. After two failed IVFs, we were blessed with our twins.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    ok so that is definitely a line! Mine was soooo much lighter then that and i kept questioning it but something in me was telling me i was preggos so i went back to the store and bought digital one and sure enough in the bathroom at walmart 3 minutes later i got a YES! Go buy a digital one!
  • Options
    imagetulips12_30:

imageambrandau2:
    Your doctor is a moron.

I agree.  That's what mine looked like!

Mine too.  Get a new Dr. ASAP!

• Options

Wow! I agree with the PPs and I hope he's calling you with a big fat apology tomorrow.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    m/c 6/10 
    missed miscarriage discovered at 11 weeks, natural miscarriage at home one week later 9/13
  • Options

Can you print out this thread, put in an envelope, and mail it to him?  

Congratulations by the way! 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

That is what my test looked like when I tested 2 days early.

Sounds like it's time for a new doctor...

• Options
    Go get a digital, take it. Show him the PREGNANT, then shove it up his a$$.
    ~Lisa~
    Mommy to Rachel 1.15.06 and Ashley 5.17.11
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"