Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Have you ever given LO a Lean Cuisine for lunch?

I was making myself one and was trying to figure outwhat to make DD and just decided to make one for her! She loved it! It had chicken, pasta and veggies and she almost finished it all!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Have you ever given LO a Lean Cuisine for lunch?

• Options
    I have let my DS try mine (also Smart Ones) and he has always loved them.  Today he wouldn't eat his lunch because he wanted my lunch!
  • Options
    I would probably let DD try mine, but I don't think I'd give her a whole one...just because the sodium is so high
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I try to limit how much processed food my whole family eats so DS hasn't ever had any frozen food (except peas).
  • Options
    Um, no.
  • Options
    I have not given one to DS, but I would let him try some. I probably wouldn't give him a whole one though. I usually buy him the Gerber Graduates lil meals. I only really give those to him when he comes to work with me or if we are having something for dinner he can't really have. I remember my nephew when he was about 3 maybe 4 my mom use to by him Kid Cuisine for when she babysat him. He loved them.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No but that's b/c I don't eat them myself.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I doubt it can have more sodium that Mac and Cheese and I know tons of moms that feed their kids that. At least this had veggies in it.
  • Options

imagesarahns80:
    I doubt it can have more sodium that Mac and Cheese and I know tons of moms that feed their kids that. At least this had veggies in it.

Not the best arguement...

It's processed and horrible for you. Along the lines of lunchables really.

Not trying to be snarky, just not the best choice for baby or for you nutritionally.

• Options
    Most Lean Cuisines have at least 400mg of sodium.  A toddler is supposed to have that amount the ENTIRE DAY.  We try to limit processed foods for everyone.  Also the additives and artificial coloring are not good for anyone let alone a toddler.  We never feed artificial colors.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    yeah, DD is on a diet. She gets lean cuisine and diet coke - just kidding of course! No, I wouldn't give it to her but I am sure if its a once a year type thing wouldn't hurt. I would rather make my own and freeze it for her for convienence sake. Like pp said mac and cheese has alot of sodium too. At least it has protein and veggies.
  • Options

Have you ever read the ingredients in that crap?  I wouldn't eat it myself, let alone feed it to my growing baby whose digestive system cannot process the sodium and chemicals.

Give your head a shake.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I wouldn't - it's so processed and has so much crap in it, it's not healthy for adults, let alone little ones. And maybe you should actually do some research on how much sodium macaroni and cheese/Lean Cuisine has before throwing that comparison out, because it really doesn't help your case.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

No. I haven't and I wouldn't. (I mean, if someone gave her a bit or it was the only thing around, it's not like I would freak out, but I wouldn't do it.) I do t eat them myself either. I don't think processed stuff is good for any of us.

I looked up the nutrition and guessed at which chicken/Pasta and veggie you had and looked at the grilled chicken with penne. That's got 500 mg of sodium. That's 20% of a 2,000 calorie per day diet, so way more of a toddler diet. And, this is the ingredient list: APPLES (APPLES, WATER, APPLE JUICE, ASCORBIC ACID, CITRIC ACID), BLANCHED ENRICHED MACARONI PRODUCT (WATER, SEMOLINA, NIACIN, FERROUS SULFATE, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), COOKED WHITE MEAT CHICKEN (WHITE MEAT CHICKEN, WATER, SEASONING (SALT, MALTODEXTRIN, GARLIC, SUGAR, SPICES, DEXTROSE, YEAST EXTRACT, CARRAGEENAN, ORANGE PEEL, ONION, SOYBEAN OIL, CHICKEN FAT, PAPRIKA, CHICKEN BROTH, DRIED CELERY, NATURAL FLAVOR), ISOLATED SOY PROTEIN, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, CARAMEL COLORING, MALTODEXTRIN, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, CANOLA OIL), WATER, BROCCOLI, TOMATOES, CARROTS, SUGAR, 2% OR LESS OF CARAMEL VANILLA BITS (SUGAR, CORN SYRUP, LIQUID SUGAR, SKIM MILK, PALM OIL, BUTTER, SALT, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES, NATURAL FLAVOR, SOY LECITHIN), MODIFIED CORNSTARCH, TOMATO PUREE (WATER, TOMATO PASTE), PARMESAN CHEESE (CULTURED MILK, SALT, ENZYMES), ONIONS, SOYBEAN OIL, BROWN SUGAR SYRUP, ASIAGO CHEESE (CULTURED MILK, SALT, ENZYMES), BASIL, SALT, GARLIC PUREE, ORANGE JUICE CONCENTRATE, SPICES, ENZYME MODIFIED PARMESAN CHEESE (CULTURED MILK, WATER, SALT, ENZYMES), POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, NATURAL FLAVOR, YEAST EXTRACT, CULTURED WHEY, COOKED CHICKEN POWDER, CARRAGEENAN WITH DEXTROSE.

It's kind of icky.

• Options
    imagemrsmcdonald:

I wouldn't - it's so processed and has so much crap in it, it's not healthy for adults, let alone little ones. And maybe you should actually do some research on how much sodium macaroni and cheese/Lean Cuisine has before throwing that comparison out, because it really doesn't help your case.

The Lean Cuisine that by the way is the only one I've ever given her, had sodium of 550 and 1 serving of Easy Mac & Cheese has 660. It also had a ton of broccoli in it which is better than just pasta and cheese. Does this help?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"