Baby Names
Options

Ryne?

Am I missing something? How does one even pronounce Ryne? And the Y makes it look very feminine to me, why would you do this to a boy?

Is it some sort of French/Irish/other nationality popular name that I am unaware of? Or may I mock it?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Joe and Ashley ~ June 16, 2007 ~ Olivia Rae ~ May 12, 2008 ~ 9:06 pm ~ 8lbs 4oz ~ 20.5 inches ~ Miscarriage of twins ~ April 16, 2009 at 6 weeks. ~ Surprise BFP 6/23/09 13DPO ~ Eleanor Rose ~ February 18, 2010 ~ 6lbs 15oz ~ 20 inches ~ Caroline Ruth ~ February 19, 2013 ~ 6lbs 12 oz ~ 19 1/4 inches

Our family is complete!

Re: Ryne?

• Options

not 100% sure, but I'd say "rain"

no, it's a silly name made even more silly...

• Options
    I only know of Ryne Sandberg, the baseball player. He seemed to do alright with the name.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh yay, I was hoping I'd have free range! Smile

Especially when you have older kids with nice normal names like Angela and Sarah, WHY name your son Ryne?! Yuk. And I keep wanting to say Rine, like rind wihtout the D. Congrats, kid, you're the waxy, gross part of a citrus fruit.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Joe and Ashley ~ June 16, 2007 ~ Olivia Rae ~ May 12, 2008 ~ 9:06 pm ~ 8lbs 4oz ~ 20.5 inches ~ Miscarriage of twins ~ April 16, 2009 at 6 weeks. ~ Surprise BFP 6/23/09 13DPO ~ Eleanor Rose ~ February 18, 2010 ~ 6lbs 15oz ~ 20 inches ~ Caroline Ruth ~ February 19, 2013 ~ 6lbs 12 oz ~ 19 1/4 inches

Our family is complete!

• Options
    imagechapski:

not 100% sure, but I'd say "rain"

no, it's a silly name made even more silly...

I was thinking "Rhind"....like pork rhinds  Ick!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

11.10.10 from my belly to my heart at 11wks 5days

• Options

imageHappyMrsK:
    I only know of Ryne Sandberg, the baseball player. He seemed to do alright with the name.

This. Maybe it's because I grew up in Illinois, so practically everyone it seems knows who Ryne Sandberg is, but it's also been a pretty common name here, I went to school with 3 Ryne's and now know a total of 5. 

I like the name, not as popular as Ryan, but still not overly trendy either. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ryne - I would pronounce RIEN

It looks made up or an attempt to feminize Ryan. Here are some other options...

https://www.behindthename.com/php/search.php?nmd=n&terms=ryne

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • Options
    I went to college with a guy named Ryne and it was pronounced Ry-knee.
  • Options
    I say mock away. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ryne is a fairly popular name in France. I think it's also perfectly acceptable here. It's pronounce 'rien.' I think you're overreacting--they could have chosen so many names that are much, much worse.
  • Options

imagestrangebird:
    Ryne is a fairly popular name in France. I think it's also perfectly acceptable here. It's pronounce 'rien.' I think you're overreacting--they could have chosen so many names that are much, much worse.

Is it a boys name or girls name?

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
  • Options
    This is the spelling that pops into my head every time Maci on Teen Mom talks about her ex (Ryan + TN accent = Ryne).
  • Options
    As a HUGE Ryne (Rhine) Sandberg fan, I have no problem with it.  I think his story is that he was named after another baseball player...
  • Options
    imagebraveangel2:

imagestrangebird:

Boys. It's origins are Irish though, I just looked it up. Last time we were in France, I met at least two Rynes, also several Rene's, there is a big trend there for short, almost abbreviated names.

• Options
    imagestrangebird:
    imagebraveangel2:

imagestrangebird:

Boys. It's origins are Irish though, I just looked it up. Last time we were in France, I met at least two Rynes, also several Rene's, there is a big trend there for short, almost abbreviated names.

Sorry, you had me at "we were in France" Smile

• Options
    imagebraveangel2:
    imagestrangebird:
    imagebraveangel2:

imagestrangebird:

Sorry, you had me at "we were in France" Smile

LOL. You must be one of those that dreams of vacationing in Paris, huh?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"